San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico Forums Home 
San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico Forums > Topical Forums > San Carlos Forum > who are the best attorney's in sonora

San Carlos Mexico Forum
Welcome to our forum. In order to post in our forums you must be registered. Please take a minute to register to enjoy the full benefits of the forum. Registration is FREE and your information is kept private. When registering, please make sure your email address is entered correctly-if incorrect, you will not receive your validation message. Please do not use your email address as your user name for your own privacy and security. Gmail account users should check spam or trash folders for our validation message after initial registration. We also suggest you add host@sancarlosmexico.com to your white list.

This message board requires you to register in order to post new topics, reply to topics started by other users, start polls, or vote on polls. As a registered user, you can edit your own posts, upload photos and view our photo gallery, and send private messages to other members of the board. Registered users can keep track of the topics they are interested in, and receive e-mail notifications when someone posts to one of those topics. Registered users can choose a theme and setup a profile, to include hometown, email & web address and avatar if desired.
We do ask that you post in the appropriate forum-look over the subjects and topics of all forums including the mercado section before making your first post. Posts in the wrong forum or not related to San Carlos may be moved or deleted without notice.
Please take a moment and register to enjoy all the benefits of the forum.
Bienvenidos!

Moderated by: bartmanaz Page:  First Page Previous Page  1  2   
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
who are the best attorney's in sonora  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Wed Apr 6th, 2016 05:58 pm
  PM Quote Reply
21st Post
frankiej

Mana: 
i heard about that on the radio coming back from mazatlan in early january!

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Posted: Wed Apr 6th, 2016 07:57 pm
  PM Quote Reply
22nd Post
Bullshipper

Mana: 
I believe that reform included the elimination of some municipal and state cops in the more corrupt states to widen the federales staff. The approach was to basically start over with new cadets that were better qualified, equipped, and paid, but in lower numbers.

Of course the established force strongly objected to the idea of losing their jobs, and the mayors and governors also feared that their loss of local control would also affect them, so the big reform died with little success. Drug testing continues, but it also has had many problems, as well as the movement to up teacher testing and qualifications.

But, they are trying to move in the right direction,so as long as they are taking steps, I am hopeful for Mexico, as Rome wasn't built in a day either.

Posted: Wed Apr 6th, 2016 08:18 pm
  PM Quote Reply
23rd Post
frankiej

Mana: 
some what i remember of the radio report was that the laws where changing from being guilty till proven innocent to innocent till proven guilty, that would be a big change! 

Posted: Thu Apr 7th, 2016 12:01 am
  PM Quote Reply
24th Post
long time resident

Mana: 
It also changed how you are processed. It is adapting to be more like the judicial system in the states, and to be set up with checks and balances, to avoid the corruption that currently exist in the system. Yes, the powers that be, didn't want to conform, so it may be many years before the bill that passed in 2008 , will actually be in effect in all 31 states.

Posted: Fri Apr 8th, 2016 04:46 pm
  PM Quote Reply
25th Post
Fairwind

Mana: 
Mexico uses the Napoleonic Code..A completely different system of law...The laws down here are subject to change to fit the situation at hand..If it's Gringo against Mexican, the Gringo will lose, that's almost automatic..Down here, you want to stay away from lawyers and courts.

Posted: Fri Apr 8th, 2016 04:53 pm
  PM Quote Reply
26th Post
frankiej

Mana: 
you always want to stay away from lawyers and courts! but this is the real world and you should be protected!! if you own, or purchase, sell a home, have a business, ect; it is almost a necessity!

Posted: Fri Apr 8th, 2016 06:13 pm
  PM Quote Reply
27th Post
long time resident

Mana: 
How true.....

Posted: Fri Apr 8th, 2016 07:54 pm
  PM Quote Reply
28th Post
Bullshipper

Mana: 
Fairwind wrote: Mexico uses the Napoleonic Code..A completely different system of law...The laws down here are subject to change to fit the situation at hand..If it's Gringo against Mexican, the Gringo will lose, that's almost automatic..Down here, you want to stay away from lawyers and courts.
I have never lost a case in over 40 years in Mexico, and I have gone against the federal government, state government, the CTM union, a patent case, and against an ejido on over a half dozen occasions. As I employed 100's of workers, labor disputes over firings and layoffs were also a common problems so I guess I should consider myself extremely lucky to win all of these as well as the contractual suits.
I will say that I was able to negociate many of these too, but a lot of people shared your opinion that it was easy to prey on gringos, so the lawyers and courts here were my only salvation.

Posted: Fri Apr 8th, 2016 11:40 pm
  PM Quote Reply
29th Post
Richard Baca

Mana: 
Fairwind, I agree with Bullshipper, the legal process in Mexico, though different from what we are accustomed to, works well. The gringo need not lose if his/her case is on the correct side of the law and he/she has a competent lawyer. It is true though that many lawyers will charge a gringo (be they U.S. Canadian or European, all considered "gringos" here) more if they can. I am currently the translator in a major criminal assault case and sat in on a meeting with a lawyer that wanted US$20,000 just to start! My American client settled on a good, experienced lawyer for a tenth of that plus expenses and the perp will be the Federal Government's guest for many years! Yes, the system works. BTW, this particular perp has substantial monetary backing but the initial complaint, chain of events, witnesses and medical evidence were all presented according to proper legal procedure with a competent lawyer. Sentencing is next, and that's where we'll see the quality and effectiveness of the defense. FYI, this case is not directly related to San Carlos.

Last edited on Fri Apr 8th, 2016 11:42 pm by

Posted: Sat Apr 9th, 2016 03:50 pm
  PM Quote Reply
30th Post
long time resident

Mana: 
I have to disagree Richard. If the system in Mexico works, then why is is accepted (globally) common knowledge that it doesn't, and the Mexican congress passed new regulations concerning it, that most of the states have yet to adopt (altho required by law to do so) because of the level of corruption in the Mexican system. Great true documentary to watch concerning this issue would be "presumed guilty) The economist has many great articles monthly concerning the inability of the judicial system in Mexico to work fairly.
Also, I guess one of the secrets is to find a competent lawyer. The lawyers in Sonora do not have a body in place that polices themselves. Bad lawyers, can pretty much do whatever, and have no one to answer to. The law will state that they can only charge so much (usually a percentage) if involving real property, yet they charge whatever they like, and no one can do anything about. They will hold your file hostage for the payment.

Posted: Sat Apr 9th, 2016 04:27 pm
  PM Quote Reply
31st Post
Bullshipper

Mana: 
Mexico Notaries and Lawyers do have their separate Bar association, just like in the states. And of you screw up here, they can pull your license to litigate.

Here is the link for Lawyers and you can google the asociaccion de notarios en Mexico for yourself.

http://www.bma.org.mx/

Current time is 04:18 am Page:  First Page Previous Page  1  2     
San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico Forums > Topical Forums > San Carlos Forum > who are the best attorney's in sonora Top

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2014 Data 1 Systems