San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico Forums Home 

San Carlos Mexico Forum
Welcome to our forum. In order to post in our forums you must be registered. Please take a minute to register to enjoy the full benefits of the forum. Registration is FREE and your information is kept private. When registering, please make sure your email address is entered correctly-if incorrect, you will not receive your validation message. Please do not use your email address as your user name for your own privacy and security. Gmail account users should check spam or trash folders for our validation message after initial registration. We also suggest you add host@sancarlosmexico.com to your white list.

This message board requires you to register in order to post new topics, reply to topics started by other users, start polls, or vote on polls. As a registered user, you can edit your own posts, upload photos and view our photo gallery, and send private messages to other members of the board. Registered users can keep track of the topics they are interested in, and receive e-mail notifications when someone posts to one of those topics. Registered users can choose a theme and setup a profile, to include hometown, email & web address and avatar if desired.
We do ask that you post in the appropriate forum-look over the subjects and topics of all forums including the mercado section before making your first post. Posts in the wrong forum or not related to San Carlos may be moved or deleted without notice.
Please take a moment and register to enjoy all the benefits of the forum.
Bienvenidos!

Moderated by: bartmanaz Page:  First Page Previous Page  1  2  3  4  Next Page Last Page  
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
san carlos HOA's in chaos  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Tue Apr 19th, 2016 12:12 pm
  PM Quote Reply
41st Post
frankiej

Mana: 
i think the san carlos country club HOA should be commended for the acknowledgement of their illegitimate HOA !! that is a start for proper legitimacy!!here are some questions that need answers for all the HOA's; 1) what caused the HOA to become illegitimate 2) how can we prevent this from happening again 3) what is the solution and options for a legitimate HOA?
properly run and legitimate HOA's are important and vital for the running and maintenance of gated communities! the dues "fees" collected are important for the operating costs! that is not the issue! the issues are how fees are used and if the fees are held, collected and distributed correctly! the boards and administrator bare the liability for this, past, present and future!

Last edited on Tue Apr 19th, 2016 08:45 pm by frankiej

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Posted: Wed Apr 20th, 2016 01:36 am
  PM Quote Reply
42nd Post
maryt

Mana: 
One of the problems that I have seen is the conflicting advice that one gets when trying to do the right thing with a Homeowner´s association. One year we would be told that we had to change all this and that and, of course, the ¨expert¨ could do it for us for a fee. Then the next year a different ¨expert¨ says ¨no, that was all wrong and you need to do this and I can do it for you for a fee.¨ Frustrating.

Posted: Wed Apr 20th, 2016 05:44 pm
  PM Quote Reply
43rd Post
Righton

Mana: 
Frankiej, the San Carlos CC did not say they were illegitimate. They said in the minutes of Feb. 2014 that they could not Legally collect dues or enforce they by-laws. To me that would indicate the HOA is illegal. However, they are still requiring you to pay dues. Many do not but have offered to pay their share for the security, but the property manager and board said no. They want you to pay the $400 usd dues, which when you look at the budget a third or more goes to the property manager for his salary. If you go to their website (San Carlos Country Club) and go to the Feb. 2014 minutes and read them I think you will find it interesting.

Posted: Wed Apr 20th, 2016 06:19 pm
  PM Quote Reply
44th Post
Righton

Mana: 
Frankiej, the web page for the San Carlos CC is http://www.sancarloscountryclub.com

Posted: Wed Apr 20th, 2016 06:47 pm
  PM Quote Reply
45th Post
frankiej

Mana: 
walks like a duck, swims like a duck, looks like a duck, it's a duck!there has to be reason why they can not collect dues!there are HOA's who have far more problems then the san carlos country club!!they are acknowledging they have problems, that is far more admirable than the HOA's who are in complete denial!!!!!! 

Posted: Wed Apr 20th, 2016 07:02 pm
  PM Quote Reply
46th Post
frankiej

Mana: 
i made a post; "who are the best attorney's in sonora" this goes hand in hand with the HOA problems!! good attorney's have specialties, there are experts in this field! the problem which was alluded to in a post was one expert says this and another says that! "we", owners of properties and residents of HOA's sometimes have to much confidence in referred attorney's, merely because they are attorney's!! you wouldn't have surgery on your heart from a dermatologist, and so on!!!!!

Last edited on Wed Apr 20th, 2016 07:03 pm by frankiej

Posted: Thu Apr 21st, 2016 12:56 am
  PM Quote Reply
47th Post
long time resident

Mana: 
I was shocked when I saw what the property manager for the Country Club makes. And his expenses for his car are also covered.

Posted: Thu Apr 21st, 2016 04:45 pm
  PM Quote Reply
48th Post
Righton

Mana: 
Number 47. My understanding the property manager at the country club not only gets a great deal of the budget he also runs his real estate and rental business while he's supposedly working for the cc, plus his phone and other expenses are paid.

Posted: Sat Apr 23rd, 2016 04:21 pm
  PM Quote Reply
49th Post
frankiej

Mana: 
this post is now covering 3 pages!! there seems to be focus on 2 HOA's ? read the posts, absorb the comments! it sounds like a lynch mob mentality! there is always at least 2 sides to a story! it looks and sounds because someone makes a comment, that they are praised or an administrator salary condemned! all this before hearing the other side????? the board, the board, the administrator, the administrator! when the obvious problem is the "system" !!! it is totally dysfunctional! why because there are no job descriptions, 1) what is required of an administrator? 2) what is required for an HOA president 3) what is required for the other board members? by law, every year a board must be elected or reelected. also the administrator is voted to stay or be removed! so why is there continual on going  problems? one reason is the problems are never resolved and allowed to fester to the next board and the next administrator! regarding the pending law suits in CDM, how many boards and how many administrators have come and gone since the original problem??? SCC the administrator was hired and his salary approved for him, by the board and HOA at the time of hiring. my intention is to find intellectual solutions to this multifaceted problem of ALL the HOA's!! pointing fingers and condemnation are not solutions! 

Last edited on Sat Apr 23rd, 2016 04:28 pm by frankiej

Posted: Sat Apr 23rd, 2016 05:21 pm
  PM Quote Reply
50th Post
aligato

Mana: 
As to post #43, the SCC manager/administrator wages etc come to 20% of the yearly budget, this includes the car allowance which is for his personal vehicle that he uses to conduct SCC business, includes driving to Hermosillo and Obregon and regular trips to Guaymas for parts, banking and dues collection. He provides his own cell phone which the HOA DOES NOT pay for. The other employee wages are for the two workers, sometimes 3 who do the general maintenance and clean up in the neighborhood. The SCC must also pay the IMSS, food and transportation as well as bonuses and other government mandated costs for these 2 or 3 employees. We welcome any questions at the AGM and would readily explain any of the expenses incurred to which all receipts are available.

Posted: Sat Apr 23rd, 2016 05:28 pm
  PM Quote Reply
51st Post
frankiej

Mana: 
post #50, thank you for showing the other point of view!!!

Posted: Sat Apr 23rd, 2016 05:38 pm
  PM Quote Reply
52nd Post
frankiej

Mana: 
""roberts rules of parliamentary procedure"" what a concept, i'll bet there is not a book within 100 miles!come on people we are in the 21st century, try finding intellectual solutions on line!!http://www.rulesonline.com  committees / boards-IX
all HOA's have similar problems!! have the boards ever united for discussion? there are pretty diverse groups of people in every HOA, doctors, lawyers, bankers, businessmen, politicians, ect: all have something of valve that could be brought to table for discussion! there is a solution!!!!!!!!!

Posted: Sun Apr 24th, 2016 12:25 am
  PM Quote Reply
53rd Post
Ron & Karen

Mana: 
style="background-color: rgb(0, 0, 0);"Yeah - that's some clarity all right!  Everybody avoids specific dollar amounts, that way it just stays muddy and unclear to all those people paying the bills.    JUST HOW MUCH IS THAT 20%?      I know the question is just retorical - you'll never tell - and that is the real problem. style="background-color: rgb(0, 0, 0);"  sorry about the extra stuff ; using a real old system

Last edited on Sun Apr 24th, 2016 12:35 am by Ron & Karen

Posted: Sun Apr 24th, 2016 12:40 am
  PM Quote Reply
54th Post
frankiej

Mana: 
post #53 what i can understand of your post, is specific clarified dollar amounts!i agree with you 100% !!! a persons salary isn't what you are paying out for that employee, you need to add all the legally required benefits required by law to know the the pay out is for each individual! i have been asking for years at my home HOA for clarity and every year i am promised an audience with the account, i have as yet had my audience!!

Posted: Sun Apr 24th, 2016 02:36 pm
  PM Quote Reply
55th Post
aligato

Mana: 
http://www.sancarloscountryclub.com/This link will take you to the San Carlos Country Club HOA site, just click on financials and all the info is there, between this site and the AGM not sure what more can be done to show HOA members how the money is being spent.

Posted: Sun Apr 24th, 2016 04:41 pm
  PM Quote Reply
56th Post
frankiej

Mana: 
thanks aligato. i am also a member there!! they have the best and only web site i am a where of in town! very innovative thinking when that site was up!!!!

Posted: Sun May 1st, 2016 02:41 am
  PM Quote Reply
57th Post
Righton

Mana: 
#55 Aligato. Please explain why the San Carlos CC stated in their Feb. 2014 annual minutes they can not legally collect dues or enforce the alleged by-laws and are still collecting dues. Illegal is illegal.

Posted: Mon May 2nd, 2016 01:49 pm
  PM Quote Reply
58th Post
frankiej

Mana: 
i would assume the fees collected are to maintain the on going expenses the SCC has, they are vital to maintain services provided, right or wrong!

Posted: Mon Mar 20th, 2017 02:09 pm
  PM Quote Reply
59th Post
frankiej

Mana: 
HOA's so by now most have attended the annual HOA meeting how did yours go?

Posted: Mon Mar 20th, 2017 08:50 pm
  PM Quote Reply
60th Post
frankiej

Mana: 
i went to 2! one disorganized in denial! the other structured and efforts being made to restructure! 
i saw 2 different interpretations on how to conduct meetings and 2 interpretations on sonora law!
i learned from both, unfortunately neither of the boards are aware of the others conducts and what could usefully be used by each!

Current time is 06:50 pm Page:  First Page Previous Page  1  2  3  4  Next Page Last Page    
San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico Forums > Topical Forums > San Carlos Forum > san carlos HOA's in chaos Top

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2014 Data 1 Systems