San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico Forums Home 

San Carlos Mexico Forum
Welcome to our forum. In order to post in our forums you must be registered. Please take a minute to register to enjoy the full benefits of the forum. Registration is FREE and your information is kept private. When registering, please make sure your email address is entered correctly-if incorrect, you will not receive your validation message. Please do not use your email address as your user name for your own privacy and security. Gmail account users should check spam or trash folders for our validation message after initial registration. We also suggest you add host@sancarlosmexico.com to your white list.

This message board requires you to register in order to post new topics, reply to topics started by other users, start polls, or vote on polls. As a registered user, you can edit your own posts, upload photos and view our photo gallery, and send private messages to other members of the board. Registered users can keep track of the topics they are interested in, and receive e-mail notifications when someone posts to one of those topics. Registered users can choose a theme and setup a profile, to include hometown, email & web address and avatar if desired.
We do ask that you post in the appropriate forum-look over the subjects and topics of all forums including the mercado section before making your first post. Posts in the wrong forum or not related to San Carlos may be moved or deleted without notice.
Please take a moment and register to enjoy all the benefits of the forum.
Bienvenidos!

Moderated by: bartmanaz  
AuthorPost
Tex L. Horn

Mana: 
We are looking to buy real estate in SC. I inquired about title insurance from an American title company and our realtor said a title policy was not necessary because the notorio would take care of the search. Also, is an attorney necessary ? Any information on the subject is appreciated.

Last edited on Wed Dec 9th, 2015 12:16 pm by Tex L. Horn

Hook

Mana: 
I have no personal experience but I have had a few individuals tell me that the loopholes/exclusions in these policies make them all but useless.

Jimmy

Mana: 
Don't invest in Mexico more than you can afford to loose.

bombero

Mana: 
"Invest", is the key word here. Jimmy says don't.....in Mx. Probably decent advise. Jimmy where would you have us "invest"? I know your home, is probably one of the biggest outlays of money in your lifetime, but that does not mean, it is an investment. One that is designed to earn money, of course that is ideal, but living where your want, at some point in your life is more important.

Tex, my advise to you would be, surround yourself with a honest and competent real estate agent here in San Carlos. There are a few, ask around, look into some of the agents that advertise on this site.

Jimmy, when you find that great investment opportunity.....let me know.

RichD

Mana: 
I think the most security you have is the bank trust. The bank issuing the trust is not going to take chances. The part of the process that makes many uncomfortable is that you usually have to pay for the property before the trust is completed. I think it is a big advantage to buy a property that already has a trust. They are not transferable but you have a better chance of not having trouble. If anyone tells you that you don't need a trust, run as fast as you can.

Ian948

Mana: 
Tex - the process here is somewhat different , the Notario performs a variety of functions including checking the title . As the Notario is performing a function for the government many restrictions and quality issues apply - not just anyone can qualify !

Because of the need for foreigners to have a bank trust in order to own property in this area, you also have a second layer of security - the bank cannot issue a trust unless the notario's paperwork has been correctly executed.

There are some areas in mexico where title insurance applies - but from what I have seen they tend to be condos and developments in large tourist areas with very much more complex title issues.

The above from what I have seen and noted - not to replace professional advice !

Good professional advice locally is worth a lot , I know of 3 professionals who I would use to get accurate advice, pm if you want names.

Good luck and welcome !

Steve W.

Mana: 
As Jimmy said "Don't invest in Mexico more than you can afford to loose." You seem to have already made up your mind to buy. First off there is a law that non national can not own land within like 12 miles of the sea. Now does it say anything to you that so many people will tell you "but this is Mexico" there are ways to get around that. Well this is Mexico and there are so many way to lose that same land.

bombero

Mana: 
I know of northerners losing money here in Mx. but only because of buying high and selling low. How many of you commenting on this thread know of anyone losing their trust to a government take-back? If the Mexican escrow (esquitura/bad spell) is done correctly, taxes are paid, trust fees are paid, there appears to be no risk, as far as losing your property (dwelling) to the gov.,or trust holder (bank)

Ian948

Mana: 
Bombero 100% correct.

Need a thumbs up emoji !

:)

aloha

Mana: 
interesting topic. following ~

Jimmy

Mana: 
bombero wrote: "Invest", is the key word here. Jimmy says don't.....in Mx. Probably decent advise. Jimmy where would you have us "invest"? I know your home, is probably one of the biggest outlays of money in your lifetime, but that does not mean, it is an investment. One that is designed to earn money, of course that is ideal, but living where your want, at some point in your life is more important.

Tex, my advise to you would be, surround yourself with a honest and competent real estate agent here in San Carlos. There are a few, ask around, look into some of the agents that advertise on this site.

Jimmy, when you find that great investment opportunity.....let me know.

What the (^^%$%$$##@) bonbero! Do you not understand my Point?

in·vest
inˈvest/
verb
verb: invest; 3rd person present: invests; past tense: invested; past participle: invested; gerund or present participle: investing

expend money with the expectation of achieving a profit or material result by putting it into financial schemes, shares, or property, or by using it to develop a commercial venture.

OK, Don't spend any money in Mexico that you can not afford to loose. I know of plenty of folks who lost money on their Mexico property when it sold years after they listed it. I know of folks who were cheated out of their property. I know folks who just walked away from their property.

Mexico is Not the US! It is corrupt. One does not have the same securities of property in Mexico they have in the US.

As far as a Trust goes,(you don't own the property) that can change with just a meeting of the Mexican Congress. Things have been Nationalized in Mexico in the past.

Questions? might talk to Craig the Iron Man, find out what he thinks about it.

Last edited on Wed Dec 9th, 2015 06:21 pm by Jimmy

bombero

Mana: 
rant

/rant/

verb

verb: rant; 3rd person present: rants; past tense: ranted; past participle: ranted; gerund or present participle: ranting

speak or shout at length in a wild, impassioned way.

What are you talking about?? Calm down.

Bullshipper

Mana: 
You have no choice but to use a notario in Mexico. He will check the old titles, check for leans, write the purchase agreement, hold the money for transfer, set up the bank trust, and get everything signed and registered and pay for city services.

Your real estate agent should have a written guide to walk you through the process.

kyacker

Mana: 
Tex if you are new to the area it might be a good idea to rent a place for a year to get a feel of what living in San Carlos and the surrounding areas is like, and then if you like the area then buy..You will be more informed on the pros and cons of the area.

azbandit66

Mana: 
I agree. The important thing is to have everything set up correctly before you buy. I own a couple properties in the states as well. But as  is anywhere, I don't really own them, the government does.
   Don't pay taxes for a few years or be subject to eminent domain and then tell me about how secure your US property is. My property is in the Bahia where many of my American national neighbors have lived there for 10, 20, 25 years already.

Bullshipper

Mana: 
To be clear, a notario en Mexico is a registered attorney.

bombero

Mana: 
Tex, back to your original question, and I am assuming all the other advise given above has been digested and perhaps done in advance...ie: rent for a year, so you know what you are getting yourself into..etc.

Best advise, spend sometime seeking out a honest/good real estate broker/agent, they will take you through the process, protect your interests, and see that all provisions of the contract and Mexican laws are legally adhered to. From what I see that is available out there, now is a good time to buy. Best of luck and welcome to San Carlos.

mrmikek

Mana: 
We just bought a house in San Carlos. There are a couple of attorneys in town. I would suggest you contact them. I would not venture in to a purchase without an attorney.

aloha

Mana: 
honest realtors? that's a contradiction in terms sorry to say. hire a real estate att'y. abagados do not have a much better rep,but at times are held to a higher standard and can be reported for mis-conduct. all said,you are in mexico. its a different ball game. WELCOME :)

Last edited on Fri Dec 11th, 2015 11:09 am by aloha

bombero

Mana: 
Any tips given to make the buying experience here pleasant, and on the up and up, should be considered. Aloha, yes, there are honest realtors here in San Carlos, in fact more honest ones, than dishonest ones. These realty agencies have and recommend Attorneys, Notaries, that they have to facilitate each contract and or trust, as sales to northerners can all be different. I am not a realtor, but I cannot stress enough, that there are honest realtors in SC. See the offices surrounding the "old Pemex", see the offices at Beltrones and Paseo Alegre, use the Realtors who are sponsors of this site.

All said, you are in Mexico, which is not to say, watch out, everyone is out to get you.........if you feel like that.........see ya!!

aloha

Mana: 
bombero,i have lived here full time for many many yrs. my experience,and that of many i know w/ realtors has been unpleasant. honest? have you looked at the price of homes on the mkt? even the ones sitting empty for yrs? really? ridiculously inflated.i feel bad for any newcomers when they see the existing mls/prices. as is typical anywhere 'forewarned is forearmed' hard to argue that,huh? but I digress. realtor shopping should have its own thread.

Last edited on Fri Dec 11th, 2015 02:10 pm by aloha

bombero

Mana: 
aloha, if your experience has been unpleasant, speak in specific terms, name names. Yes I have looked at prices, they go down, or they don't sell. Inflated prices are usually sellers saying if you will pay this much, I will sell, if not.......who cares.

aloha

Mana: 
agree to dis-agree. perspective~

bombero

Mana: 

Last edited on Sat Dec 12th, 2015 12:24 am by bombero

Richard Baca

Mana: 
Remember all, there are no REALTORS® in San Carlos. It's a registered and copyrighted term. NONE of the brokers and agents here can qualify regardless of what they tell you. There is no meaningful local association; no State Board monitoring ethics and acting on grievances; no regular testing to maintain proficiency standards and basically no supervision whatsoever! As for the overpriced market, yes unfortunately that's so. It's a result of that glitzy MLS system that uses listed prices as comparables to set prices on new listings! Sad but true and again, no State imposition of proper implementation! IMO, it's a disservice to sellers because they are given unrealistic sales expectations and a disservice to the buying public because of the sticker shock.
In choosing a r/e broker, I suggest choosing one with a long and proven track record; one with no lawsuit history and one with which all buyers have received their deed or trust as the case may be. I won't mention any names, but beware of the "dazzle 'em with brilliance, & baffle 'em with fancy talk"! Just ask around before plunging in.

bartmanaz
Administrator

Mana: 
Mr. Baca paints a picture of the real estate industry in San Carlos that differs a bit from the current situation as I understand it.  I invite your attention to the following links that are readily available online with a bit of due diligence.

http://www.sancarlosmexico.com/mls.html

http://mexico.realtyserver.com/

http://mexico.realtyserver.com/Member

http://mexico.realtyserver.com/DoOfficeSearch

Draw your own conclusions from the membership requirements, training and ethics requirements and list of those firms/agents who are members.

Bart

Richard Baca

Mana: 
Thank you Bart for posting those links. My issue with the San Carlos r/e business community is that the local version of MLS uses existing MLS listings as comparables in setting prices of new listings. I think they are "massaging" themselves instead of letting the market seek it's own level. They razzle and dazzle the seller and give what is in many cases, an unrealistic price expectation. From the purchasing public's point of view, many listed prices give some potential buyers "sticker shock". I don't think it's fair to either side. The way that I suggest prices is based on what is known as the "cost replacement method" of appraisal. I have studied r/e appraisal and am experienced in performing it. Others here are also trained and experienced so it's doable and IMO should be the preferred method of arriving at professionally suggested prices.

bartmanaz
Administrator

Mana: 
Again a bit of basic research shows the method you propose probably is more relevant to schools, churches and other real estate which does not enter the resale market often.
See:
The sales comparison approach is commonly used in valuing single-family homes and land. Sometimes called the market data approach, it is an estimate of value derived by comparing a property with recently sold properties with similar characteristics. These similar properties are referred to as comparables, and in order to provide a valid comparison, each must:
Be as similar to the subject property as possible;Have been sold within the last year in an open and competitive market andHave been sold under typical market conditions.

Source:  http://www.investopedia.com/articles/realestate/12/real-estate-valuation.asp

So there is nothing wrong with the comparative market approach as practiced by the San Carlos MLS members as you insist.  
The article goes on to discuss the cost approach.  I was struck by the following:
"The cost approach makes the assumption that a reasonable buyer would not pay more for an existing improved property than it would cost to buy a comparable lot and construct a building that is comparable in terms of desirability and usefulness. This approach is useful when the property being appraised is a type of property that is not frequently sold and is not an income-producing property. Examples include schools, churches, hospitals and government buildings."
Bart

long time resident

Mana: 
The information about the bank trust not being transferable is incorrect. Many of the property transfers that take place in the restricted zone are the bank trusts being transferred from the seller to the buyer. When the buyer receives their bank trust documents with their name on it, the original party that initiated the bank trust will be listed also, right at the beginning, and the trust document will have the entire history of the property with-in its' body. Notarios are lawyers that have been appointed by the governor to represent them legally in the state. One then would be required to go to Notario college to make sure that they understand all of their duties. Being held to a higher standard? Some of the real estate agents in San Carlos are licensed by the state of Sonora, and have a better understand and fiduciary duty then most lawyers I know. If you ask around, the bad lawyers and the bad agents will be mentioned over and over again in conversation, but there are some that are honest, educated, and held to the highest standard in their profession. Ask around, ask questions, be informed. The client also has a duty to become educated in what is required to purchase real estate in Sonora. It is not rocket science, but without a reputable agent or broker to walk then through it, it is a lot more difficult. There is a lot of literature out there, on buying in Mexico. Many have done it very successfully.

long time resident

Mana: 
Having just read Mr Bacas statement, I have to disagree. There are a few real estate professionals in San Carlos that are members of the NAR. They could not be a member without being a Realtor. Some are licensed currently in the United States as well as the State of Sonora. Some claim to be, and are not. It is not difficult to check online who has a valid license and who claims to and doesn't.
As far as the value of a property, we use current comps (will go back 6 mod max), and price per sq foot seems to be a good place to start. If the property doesn't get any showings, then the seller is asked to lower their price. It only takes one person who wants to buy a property at the price being asked, to make it worth that price.

RichD

Mana: 
I did not know you could transfer a trust, thanks for that information. Makes it even better to look for a property with an existing trust. Using actual selling price of recent sales is just common sense but I did not think the information is available. Where do you find comparable sales information?

Richard Baca

Mana: 
RichD, there is no sold & closed price data available which is why the MLS prices based on listed price comparables is ludicrous. The only way to arrive at current FMV is via valuation using the "cost replacement" appraisal method. Mexican licensed appraisers are good at this.

aloha

Mana: 
long time resident,i did my homework. I was beyond dis-appointed w/ the 6 realtors I communicated with. I was beyond satisfied w/ my att'y, notario (who is respected and well known thru out Sonora) and my banker. I purchased thru a private party. a gamble? perhaps. but no more than dealing w/ a realtor. an intelligent person can go the un -conventional route. its not rocket science.there are almost more houses empty here than occupied. not a solid advertisement for the realtors in this community.

maryt

Mana: 
Richard is right that there is no info on what the houses actually sold for. In my opinion that is the only way to truly know the market value. I wish there was a way for that info to be disseminated.

bombero

Mana: 
Richard and Long Time Res, are the only two posters, that I know, posting on this thread that are/have been involved, in San Carlos Real Estate. I would tend to draw from their experience and expertise. As advised, I would also do my due diligence to assure that I was being represented and kept informed by the best available. As for sales and comps, I would have to take the word of Richard and LTR, but most of us know what people are asking for their homes, and what they actually sell for, at least in the sector where we/pl live. Those of us that have been here for many years do not experience the same sales fears, as those who have purchased in the past 10-15 yrs. Time has appreciated these long held properties and losing money is not a concern. I do know of many that bought high, and either have, or will lose money when they sell. So many of these lose situations come from what I call "rash buying", those that show up in SC for a weeks vacation, or visit, fall in love, and just have to have their piece of the pie. These are the folks, all sellers want showing up. I have seen it many time, they do not last, and morph into serious complainers when their house does not sell, and they take the proverbial bath. Buyer, know what you want, make sure, you really want it, and then, always....beware.

Bullshipper

Mana: 
The public registar lists all deeds with details, including what the homes sold for if you want to go downtown.

But when buying any home, its easier to demand to see the escrituras and bank trusts for said properties before you even make an offer to determine if their paperwork is complete and in order through your notary or real estate agent, that you are buying from the bonafide owner of the property, and to see what they paid for it.

Lots of times, the owners do not have paper work, and they and their agent will always try to convince you that the sale can proceed normally, which is BS, of course.

bartmanaz
Administrator

Mana: 
If you want to see numbers on sales averages from the MLS through 3d qtr of 2015 visit
http://www.remax-firstchoice-sancarlosmexico.com/images/remaxnews0915.pdf  
Pay attention to the note at the bottom that shows a very high end condo sale which skewed the condo numbers.

Look at the averages and ask yourself if the sales price are out of line in a seaside resort community where current homes list for anywhere from $30K to well into seven figures.  Wonder what the prices are like in seaside communities in California....

Also note you can subscribe to this newsletter at 
http://www.remax-firstchoice-sancarlosmexico.com/news.html

Actual MLS sales figures are available-you can either do as Bullshipper suggests or you can ask your realtor.  Oh wait, your realtor is not an MLS member...maybe you should ask them why not.
Bart

aloha

Mana: 
bombero~we do not know each other,nor do you know what my experience with buying/selling real estate has been, except for what I have shared above. so to say that there are only 2 people posting that have a clue is a little presumptuous and insulting on your part. but I do not get insulted that easily. I do not think you are the authority regarding how to buy and sell r.e. in san carlos. I manage my affairs quite successfully without your input. no drama,fuss or hassle. thx~

Last edited on Sun Dec 13th, 2015 08:12 pm by aloha

Richard Baca

Mana: 
Bullshipper, the sales price in a recorded deed or trust is known as the "contraprestación" and it is there as the basis used in arriving at the capital gains tax. It may or may not be the sales price but in any event, it's converted to pesos at the exchange rate at the time of the transaction. A purchaser today will most likely be buying in US dollars, so depending how long ago that peso number was recorded, converting it to today's dollars is probably not going to reflect reality notwithstanding the fact that the recorded number was put there for CG tax purposes back when the transaction was originally consummated. As for deed or trust clean or not, just pay the recorder's office for a "certificate of no liens" It will tell you whether there is a clean title or not. The recorder's office is just beyond Ley's in Guaymas, across from the Burger King. They have parking in back and below.As for published sales prices remember, most sellers don't want that published, so take any published claims of sales data with a grain! 

repsilon

Mana: 
Well, having been an agent here, the few true professionals are too busy to respond here, or they just don't want to get caught up in the rambling. Being a member of the MLS allows you to see recorded sales prices. Most all of those should be able to be taken as accurate, yet not all recorded prices here are the true sales price. Most agents here can give you a pretty accurate market price. The buyers often bleed a seller even lower. Most sellers don't follow advice and suffer. It is what it is, so learn to understand it. It's kind of like buying from the street vendors, so get some impartial professional advice from a MLS agent that advertises on this site. Good people don't want to be associated with crooks.

bombero

Mana: 
Aloha, I wrote: "Richard and Long Time Res, are the only two posters, that I know, posting on this thread that are/have been involved, in San Carlos Real Estate"

You wrote :"bombero~we do not know each other,nor do you know what my experience with buying/selling real estate has been, except for what I have shared above. so to say that there are only 2 people posting that have a clue is a little presumptuous and insulting on your part"

You may not need my help in house hunting, but you could use some help in "comprehension", perhaps studies of the English language and interpretation.

........and yes, you do not know me, but if I ever feel the need to have grumpy friend......I'll look you up.

aloha

Mana: 
haha perpective y igualmente!

Last edited on Mon Dec 14th, 2015 12:20 am by aloha

bombero

Mana: 
Forgive me aloha, I left out spelling "perpective", and with that there is nothing more I can help you with, so I'm out..

aloha

Mana: 
regardless of the typo,you got the point...

Jimmy

Mana: 
Seems to me that School Teacher Bombero is more interested in correcting and criticizing spelling and grammar than what the poster means. Get over it Professor.

Last edited on Mon Dec 14th, 2015 03:47 pm by Jimmy

bombero

Mana: 
Jimmy, sure sorry that is the way you perceived my posts. I would rather be a learner, than a teacher in many cases. And this is one of them. Thanks for making me aware of this.

long time resident

Mana: 
The information in the Remax Letter, is accurate. They give you the sales for the quarter, and the prices paid. They can not make up the numbers. The banking laws have made it very difficult to lie anymore. There has to be proof of all moneys spent. Bombero, you have lived here for over three decades, and have a good knowledge of how things go in San Carlos. I respect you opinion.
Bullshipper, if a property is listed with a real estate company in San Carlos, then there is an escritura in the listing agents possession. Otherwise, there would be no listing. It is required. Also, the agents make sure that it is the current escirtuura on the property at the registro publico. No guessing work there. They also make sure that there are no leans not he property that they are listing.

Bullshipper

Mana: 
long time resident wrote: The information in the Remax Letter, is accurate. They give you the sales for the quarter, and the prices paid. They can not make up the numbers. The banking laws have made it very difficult to lie anymore. There has to be proof of all moneys spent. Bombero, you have lived here for over three decades, and have a good knowledge of how things go in San Carlos. I respect you opinion.
Bullshipper, if a property is listed with a real estate company in San Carlos, then there is an escritura in the listing agents possession. Otherwise, there would be no listing. It is required. Also, the agents make sure that it is the current escirtuura on the property at the registro publico. No guessing work there. They also make sure that there are no leans not he property that they are listing.

This was not the case in 2 of the 4 properties I wanted to make offers on. On the Solimar condo I did buy, I found out a week before closing that the seller did not have escrituras or a bank trust in his name. Everything was still in the previous owners name, and that person had passed away, leaving a power of attorney. The power of attorney sent to me was not complete, etc, etc, so I would disagree with your comments due to 1st hand recent experience.
If I was not a Mexican citizen, and did not have a very competent notary, the deal would have been impossible to close, and the real estate agent did not "mention" this for months.

Richard Baca

Mana: 
Bullshipper, yours is most definitely a case that illustrates my main underlying point: Use an experienced,competent and bilingual broker with a clean and proven track record where every buying client has gotten their trust or deed and none have lost a single peso! And yes, there are a few such in San Carlos. Just ask around.

aloha

Mana: 
longtimeresident,why do you always write with such authority? and your facts are usually dis-puteable. as seen on this thread. do you not feel an accountability for your words and intent? maybe you should write IMHO or something. there are newbies that read this and may believe all you write. nothing is written in stone here. for every fact,there is somebody that had a totally different experience.

Bullshipper

Mana: 
It would appear that the realtors here have no full disclosure forms, or laws, like we have in the states requiring sellers to provide all the paperwork and information needed to do property transactions. Follow this with a lack of title companies, and you will find that the "rules" are constantly changing, which is common to this country in all other forms of business also.I can only imagine how difficult it must be for the realtors to have to try to memorize all the details and answer questions on when there are over 900 listings in this area with no building or zoning laws to eliminate the variables. It took me 3 months just to find out what the true monthly HOA dues at Marina Real, and it turned out they were 3x what was advertised, this, on a buiilding that has been operating for 20 years.
So everyone's different experience and opinion makes for great fodder on the forums, even for those of us that have a long experience in Mexico and are completely bilingual.
So yes, get yourself a good notary to protect your investment with legal backup, buy cheap enough so that you will not lose too much when you sell, and have a great time in the meantime.

Last edited on Wed Dec 16th, 2015 10:55 pm by Bullshipper

aloha

Mana: 
nicely said :)

Hielo

Mana: 
O.K. ...enough. Someone has to tell the truth. Baca is a member of the San Carlos "Family". Talk to somebody that has dealt with him.He does not use his knowledge to enhance his clients position. He has some kind of a god-given right to screw gringos. Beware!

Richard Baca

Mana: 
Beggin yer pardon there "iceman", but do you know something I don't know? Who pray tell, have I EVER screwed, (metaphorically speaking of course)? And yes, aren't we all part of the San Carlos "Family"?

johnmoore

Mana: 
aloha
Richard Baca, is a person involved in real estate here and in the U.S. for many years. Long Time Resident is a person who had been here for 30+ years, she had also been involved in real estate and banking for most of these years. Do you know who long time resident is? She speaks with authority, because she has the experience to do so, and many people here in SC are thankful for the knowledge and assistance on many many occasions. You, on the other hand are in the shadows, I do not know who aloha is, therefore who are you to speak with the tone of authority? Why would you accuse LTR for the speck in your eye?

Ian948

Mana: 
Any "handle" outside of those of us who use our real names , is obviously anonymous , so whilst John may know LTR and their qualifications , many of us do not.

Anonymous comments are just that ~ anonymous 

You can take 'em or leave 'em  :)

Of course does not only apply to LTR....

long time resident

Mana: 
Bullshipper, we would love to know who your agent was. The broker is held responsable for their agents. Most of the brokers in San Carlos, take this very seriously, and work very hard to ensure that the transfer of rights is done correctly. The offices that I know are members of the MLS, make is mandatory for a copy of the escritura, before they take a listing. I am sorry that you were involved with someone who didn't do this. It is not the norm anymore. Back in the day, many things were done on the sly, but since Sonora requires that everyone have a Real Estate License to do business here, the laws have changed, and so has the integrity of the business. I will not mention names, but some have not kept their license current.

long time resident

Mana: 
Ian, no offense taken. Richard Baca has called me by name many times, so I am surprised that it is not common knowledge. Have a great holiday season, I know I will.

johnmoore

Mana: 
Ian, I have respect for anonymity, and ones right to invoke it. With it, in my opinion, comes responsibility to not use it with impunity, or to have the ability to slander or abase others whilst (I like that) stealthing.

aloha

Mana: 
 I have lived here long enough to know whose word to respect and ignore.I do not post to gain anybodys approval. I know who all the players on this forum are. and I know their reputations in the community etc etc. I have interacted with some. really? that I choose to remain 'anonymous',and that you choose to use your name, are both personal issues.its a forum. read by stalkers,creeps,naysayers,hackers. its the tech age. if you want to put your personal history on line to prove a point go for it. I read and post to gather info. and I am amused at those that want to be respected for their word when their reputation proceeds them. you jm and ian,may feel confident in accepting some of the posters advice. I do not, and I have the right to express my opinion,just as they express theirs with such authority. take it or leave it.  salud~

Last edited on Thu Dec 17th, 2015 03:27 pm by aloha

Ian948

Mana: 
John - I did not intend to imply being anonymous was wrong , or inappropriate - simply you made a value judgement based on knowledge you have which other readers may not.  I may know several of the aliases but that is not relevant to the discussion.
I also agree completely with your sentiments , lovely turn of phrase , as well,

Aloha ~ I am not sure I completely understand , but I do not accept anything on a board such as this; either by anonymous posts or named posts,unless I am familiar with the poster outside of the "virtual" world and have respect for their knowledge.  My point was not intended to validate named posters - and certainly not in this debate , where my knowledge is insignificant by comparison !

Back to regular programming :)

Sandman

Mana: 
We purchased a house in the CC last year. We just received our Trust after a few glitches. The most important thing to me would be the trust and the cost of the trust. We first were going to assume the trust for XX$, then found out there were only 7 years left. The trust was with HSBC, they are no longer writing. So we had to get a new trust. The house is on two lots, they wanted to charge us two trusts, when the old trust included the two lots. We had to pay for a new survey, combine the lots to get one trust. When it was all said and done, the cost skyrocketed to $4600 USD. So get all your ducks in a row and ask a lot of questions.

Richard Baca

Mana: 
Sandeman, sounds like you and/or your agent got a bit of a run around. It pays to use the services of someone that is both bilingual, experienced in Mexican Article 27 based trusts and their 20 year extensions, lot line adjustments and very importantly, well connected downtown.

johnmoore

Mana: 
Could not agree more "well connected downtown", I am amazed Richard got away with that one, but it's true. Gladly if you are the beneficiary of that relationship, sadly if you are the victim of that relationship.......and that's all I'm saying....

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2014 Data 1 Systems