San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico Forums Home 
San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico Forums > Topical Forums > San Carlos Fishing Forum > 9th Annual San Carlos Yellowtail Tournament

San Carlos Mexico Forum
Welcome to our forum. In order to post in our forums you must be registered. Please take a minute to register to enjoy the full benefits of the forum. Registration is FREE and your information is kept private. When registering, please make sure your email address is entered correctly-if incorrect, you will not receive your validation message. Please do not use your email address as your user name for your own privacy and security. Gmail account users should check spam or trash folders for our validation message after initial registration. We also suggest you add host@sancarlosmexico.com to your white list.

This message board requires you to register in order to post new topics, reply to topics started by other users, start polls, or vote on polls. As a registered user, you can edit your own posts, upload photos and view our photo gallery, and send private messages to other members of the board. Registered users can keep track of the topics they are interested in, and receive e-mail notifications when someone posts to one of those topics. Registered users can choose a theme and setup a profile, to include hometown, email & web address and avatar if desired.
We do ask that you post in the appropriate forum-look over the subjects and topics of all forums including the mercado section before making your first post. Posts in the wrong forum or not related to San Carlos may be moved or deleted without notice.
Please take a moment and register to enjoy all the benefits of the forum.
Bienvenidos!

Moderated by: bartmanaz Page:  First Page Previous Page  1  2  3  4  5   
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
9th Annual San Carlos Yellowtail Tournament  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Wed Mar 25th, 2015 07:01 am
  PM Quote Reply
81st Post
Fly-Poppa

Mana: 
Awesome PQ, sounds like everyone here is in YT fiesta mode! Great to hear the fishing is good, and everyone had a blast at the tournament. Maybe if I get a chance, next one I will attend with the fly rod.

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Posted: Wed Mar 25th, 2015 02:33 pm
  PM Quote Reply
82nd Post
MIScott

Mana: 
PQ Almada wrote: BTW...had an afternoon / sunset charter today and the popper bite is still strong!
Only tres dias mas........

Posted: Wed Mar 25th, 2015 06:55 pm
  PM Quote Reply
83rd Post
PQ Almada

Mana: 
a few action shots from the tournament

Again, thanks to all.
Fernando PQ AlmadaCatch22 sportfishing mx

Posted: Wed Mar 25th, 2015 07:30 pm
  PM Quote Reply
84th Post
IronMan

Mana: 
I wish I had a scale to see how hard I was pulling on that big one to keep his head up! ;)

Posted: Wed Mar 25th, 2015 07:31 pm
  PM Quote Reply
85th Post
GOLDRING

Mana: 
Nice pics Fernando, great tournament everyone

Posted: Wed Mar 25th, 2015 09:25 pm
  PM Quote Reply
86th Post
Fly-Poppa

Mana: 
IronMan wrote: I wish I had a scale to see how hard I was pulling on that big one to keep his head up! ;)Strap a scale to the ground, tie your line on to it, get on higher ground and pull to the approximate bend!! Let us know how much lbs goes into pulling up the big ones!

Posted: Wed Mar 25th, 2015 09:51 pm
  PM Quote Reply
87th Post
IronMan

Mana: 
I use a scale to set my drag to start with - usually 40-50% on 50# mono, and 30-40% on 65# spectra, depending on which rod and reel I am using. I thumb the spool when that is not enough. If I am having to grab the spool too often, I crank another half turn of drag in. In this photo, I had already tightened down because it was taking both hands and my crotch to keep his head up, so I would guess it's at 22-25 pounds on the Saragosa 8000.

Last edited on Thu Mar 26th, 2015 12:02 am by IronMan

Posted: Wed Mar 25th, 2015 10:47 pm
  PM Quote Reply
88th Post
Fly-Poppa

Mana: 
That's pretty good amount of beating you're putting on them YT's, also your crotch as well. Really the IronMan. *bow down*

The fly rod should be able to take 18lbs safely and with the handle being short on them by design I won't be able to go higher without letting go of the rod. Great insight!

Posted: Thu Feb 9th, 2017 08:30 pm
  PM Quote Reply
89th Post
Costa Lotta

Mana: 
;)  It's 2017 Yellow-tail The Catch A Lotta Team is in         Mike - Pete - CW & Mike  

Current time is 03:24 pm Page:  First Page Previous Page  1  2  3  4  5     
San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico Forums > Topical Forums > San Carlos Fishing Forum > 9th Annual San Carlos Yellowtail Tournament Top

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2014 Data 1 Systems