View single post by Ian948
 Posted: Sat Nov 9th, 2019 08:30 am
PM Quote Reply Full Topic
Ian948

Mana: 
You need to determine how quickly you want to sell and know your lowest number you would accept.

If you monitor the mls you can watch similar properties and how long sometimes it takes to sell , I have seen properties sit for years ......

On a hands on example , I determined we would sell in Sept 18 , priced very aggressively , excellent agent , good marketing , many showings - but no firm offers. First offer in Feb 19 - so low I chocked on my coffee , however ended up dickering to a mid point and sold.

Point is , We were moving to Spain and wanted to clear everything quickly - so we took a large hit, if time had not been my main issue then we would have held out longer and taken a smaller hit !

Everyone will have different criteria , remember a property is only worth what someone will pay for it . We have no regrets as we had 10 wonderful years in SC , losses on real estate were just a cost of that enjoyment. Also we never viewed our purchases in Mx as investments fiscally , rather lifestyle cost.

:)