View single post by Hook
 Posted: Thu Oct 10th, 2019 02:47 am
PM Quote Reply Full Topic


Joined: Wed Oct 26th, 2005
Location: Mexico
Posts: 3722
There are two types of TIPS. One is the 10-year permit that many RVs and boats are issued.

The other one that is also called a TIP is the one that most cars and trucks can get that are of a much shorter duration. They are tied to the length of your "visa" (temporary or tourist). They allow you to drive these vehicles outside of the hassle-free zones (generally all of Baja, northern Sonora and a small area along the Guatemala-Mexico border).

Here is a link from Sanborn's Insurance that specifically talks about dealing with Banjercito and getting this permit.