View single post by frankie
 Posted: Mon Aug 19th, 2019 01:45 pm
PM Quote Reply Full Topic
frankie

Mana: 
Bullshipper wrote:
In fact sometimes the owner will place a micro switch under a pad so that the pumps only steal when the test flask is on top of the switch turning it on to position the second steal gear with fewer teeth pushing the the piston measuring pump.

really? that would require a solenoid that is attached to a remote control or direct contact switch, to engage the gears! the remote control would require a radio transceiver and antenna. 
* the Arco station here has 4 islands servicing on each side, 8 pump spigots for regular, 8 pump spigots for premium, 8 metered gauges!
* the remote would also have to have 8 different signals for the 8 different gauges
* seems very complicated and something that would be easily seen!
i guess anything is possible, if it's all about the pesos for profit!

P.S. since the owner does not pump the gas ALL the attendants would have to be in on the scam! there goes the profit! most the attendants in town take the bus to work!
i have no doubt these where once common unscrupulous  practices, hopefully those practices will be a thing of the past!

i have a trip meter on my 2001 cherokee, i know how many miles i have traveled and how they where traveled. when i arrive the station i take out my calculator and KNOW EXACTLY how much fuel i will use and how much i will pay!!!! it works perfect every time!!!!

Last edited on Mon Aug 19th, 2019 03:48 pm by frankie