View single post by RichD
 Posted: Sat Jan 12th, 2019 08:19 pm
PM Quote Reply Full Topic


Joined: Wed Dec 7th, 2005
Posts: 2130
The bank trust is called a fideicomiso and you will have to get one. Sometimes you can assume an existing trust but they expire so it depends on how much time is left. Realistically, you need a notario to handle the transaction. A notario publico in Mexico is a big deal, not like in the US where every bank clerk is a notary. A notario is a lawyer that specializes in real estate. You may be tempted to take short cuts to avoid some of this expense. Most people that have lost everything in Mexico tried to take short cuts.

A related article.