View single post by dolphin007
 Posted: Wed Jan 2nd, 2019 08:31 pm
PM Quote Reply Full Topic
dolphin007

Mana: 
There was "NEVER" a chance that this little ( sliver of GUAYMAS, San Carlos ) was ever going to be considered for such a title!!!!
San Carlos, unfortunately, does not even meet the criteria to participate.
We are NOT our own City, We are NOT a HISTORICAL landmark nor do we possess significant Historical Monuments. These rules have been established for many years.
Whatever little get together that occurred between a few People here and in Guaymas was nothing more than smoke ~n~ mirrors. They may have had good intentions???? But It was well Know between the who's who That this was NEVER GOING TO HAPPEN..

This deception isn't new or unique!!
Happens all the time. We are so blind to the reality it's shocking to me.
We are spoon fed BS about San Carlos all the time.

I'm sure to take much heat over my comment. But it's the cold hard truth.
On an up note maybe someone will convince THE STATE OF SONORA to start its OWN little program?

Then again, maybe the State of Sonora will BEGIN TO seriously consider REBUILDING THE INFRASTRUCTURE FOR THIS ONCE quaint vibrant clean little town.
Pueblo Magico it is NOT!

Could it be? Who knows, I'm 58 and may live long enough to see that day.

I'd be happy to GET BACK (A.) consistent runnning water THAT WE PAY FOR EVERY MONTH WHETHER WE RECEIVE IT OR NOT! and (B.) consistent garbage pick!
Bottom line, San Carlos is driven by the fact that there are VERY FEW PLACES THIS CLOSE TO THE USA THAT ONE CAN COME LIVE OR VISIT FOR PENNIES ON THE DOLLAR.
MOST OF ALL LIVE ON OR NEAR THE OCEAN.
Whether the State takes a proactive stance in San Carlos r NOT the people will continue to come for the reasons I just mentioned.

We can't have it both ways..... If your financially vested in this town, you want to see the growth... If a person is a homeowner and or Snowbird, they really would like to see San Carlos stay small and quaint. The powers that run the city in Guaymas most likely are NOT going to vest into San Carlos. This town is kept small for a reason. BEING ON THE RADAR IS NOT IN SOME PEOPLES BEST INTEREST.
Does any of you watch NETFLIX? Lots of very interesting documentaries on the State of Sonora.
One could just type in Sinaloa Cartel.
FYI: Most of the windshield washers and juggling entertainment ACTS at the stop lights are NOT there for THE REASONS as you might think!

Crime is bad in the USA, Mexico and Many other countries. SO I guess one must just put all that aside and enjoy living by the Ocean for CHEAP.

There's a reason San Carlos isn't a GREAT BIG TOURIST TOWN. It's not even its own city....
It's the best kept little secrete...be careful what we wish for!!
HAPPY 2019 TO ALL.. :o)

Ps. I will continue to WISH WE HAD the consistent ground running water THAT MOST OF US pay for!!! This no water /No trash is BS!! I'm no longer interested in all the excuses! It is what it is!