View single post by Wy Ynot
 Posted: Mon Oct 16th, 2017 04:57 am
PM Quote Reply Full Topic
Wy Ynot

Mana: 
Us about the same for water  on Av. A and Segunda. I was told I would need to install my own water line but they would tell me where to tap for my source. Even though my neighbor and his wife Gustavo Nunez received their water from a line running down the front of our lot, I could not tie into it, I would tie into a line approx. 200 yards to the North. I could only run a 3/4 inch line. I told them a line that long of 3/4 inch would not allow much pressure with any volume when it got to us. They told me that's they it is. Then they told me to go South approx. 200 yards to tie in. One day later it was that I could not put it in. They would install it after their normal work hours and gave me a price to do the work with materials. So they went about 30 yards East and started digging and tied into a neighbor there with half inch pvc and the rest is history. So Frank, you're not the only guy that got the "run around".? The only time we ever ran out of water was a few days after Jimena. The Marina actually delivered us water in a clean truck twice at no charge. That was with a single 500 liter tinaco and pressure pump. Still the same pump but several more tinacos. I have "sight glass" on them so we visually monitor our water. Just that most days when we get water, it is usually for a couple of hours late night to early morning. I have not kept records but would guess we get water from the street 3 or 4 times a week for a couple hours each. That means 3 or 4 days of the week, we get no water from the street. I really do not know how you would live here without storage. Ynot