View single post by Vince Radice
 Posted: Tue May 30th, 2017 03:25 pm
PM Quote Reply Full Topic
Vince Radice

Mana: 
Flaco: You are correct, being our own Municipio is not a panacea and does not solve all of our problems. We will still have to deal with politicians and city council members who will not be beyond corruption, police who will certainly not be beyond inept. But we all ready have that scenario now. At least they will be our corrupt politicians and our inept police. It will be harder for them to get away with corruption in a smaller town where people care and actually pay attention to what is going on.

A few summers ago I traveled to the town of Orizaba in Vera Cruz. Orizaba is a beautiful valley located at the base of Citlatepetal, El Pico de Orizaba, the third highest peak in north america. When you descend from the central plateau you will enter a 25 kilometer long valley. Roughly the distance between San Carlos and Guaymas. Within this 25 kilometer valley there are 18 separate "Municipios". Yes 18 separate cities with their own police own courts. Why? I asked my friend who lives there why? The answer was simple.

People don't want others who do not live in their town deciding how their town will be run.