View single post by Fairwind
 Posted: Tue Feb 14th, 2017 01:57 pm
PM Quote Reply Full Topic
Fairwind

Mana: 
Sempre Libra is a Lancer 28 built in 1978 (fiberglass). This is one of the largest trailerable sailboats made. She was last in the water in January 2013 and is currently on her trailer in Marina Seca, San Carlos Sonora, 250 miles south of Tucson on The Sea Of Cortez. She has a full keel, shoal draft (3’), roller furling, Lewmar self-tailing winches, fresh bottom paint, full sail inventory, 8hp long shaft electric start Mercury 4-stroke with remote controls and a power prop (2008 model). This engine will move the boat at hull speed, 7.5 knots, at full throttle. At half-throttle, cruising speed, she will motor along at 5.5 knots, burning 0.6 gallon an hour. The standing rigging was replaced in 2008.  Included is an Autohelm Tiller Pilot and a 8' hard dinghy and Sevylor inflatable. A 55 watt solar panel mounted on the stern rail keeps the battery charged...Asking $4000 USD but will consider any reasonable offer.  You can e-mail us at bandgmexico@yahoo.com

Sempre Libra, the dark side..This boat and trailer are 38 years old! Given that reality, they are both in remarkably good condition! To be made roadworthy, the trailer needs brakes, lights, wheel bearings and tires. Replacing the wooden bunks would not hurt either..But it's perfectly adequate to launch and recover at San Carlos the way it is..I will provide a bill of sale and a signed off Colorado boat registration. Colorado does not title boats. I have a title for the trailer. I believe you can obtain a new Temporary Import Permit through the marina in San Carlos.. PM me for more info....

Attachment: Libera at Poso.JPG (Downloaded 146 times)

Last edited on Sun Feb 19th, 2017 05:44 pm by Fairwind