View single post by odwyerpw
 Posted: Mon Jan 30th, 2017 11:15 pm
PM Quote Reply Full Topic
odwyerpw

Mana: 
I've been in contact with a guy who knows what's scheduled at the gates in PHX (Sky Harbour) and another who knows what's happening in TUS (Tucson) and both of them tell me they haven't seen any new developments for intl air service to to/from Guaymas. This has been their response for each of the advertised Oct, then Nov, then Dec Paradise-Air inaugural flights.

I would guess with his latest communication, he's bought another 3+ months (end of April / start of May) before his ticket holders start to pressure him again if they put any stock in the promise of the new un-named air service.

It's the mention of the 70pax Bombardier CRJ700 that has me puzzled. That's a big plane to fill for the route. A route that's had no service for years doesn't just start with a 70pax plane, especially when it was a grossly failed route that couldn't fill planes. It starts with something like a Part 135 service operator ( who's planes can make a max of 5 round trip charter flights a week w/ less than 30 pax.. but those round trips can be multi-stop) or a 19 pax prop.

Somewhat like JetSuiteX is trying to do w/ their newly acquired used ERJ-135s w/ a reduced pax count of 30 instead of 37 might be appropriate. Interesting concept.

Not a bad looking barbie-jet.

JetSuiteX Part135 Public Shuttle Service w/ Embraer ERJ-135 regional jets

JetSuiteX Website

Last edited on Mon Jan 30th, 2017 11:35 pm by odwyerpw