View single post by Bullshipper
 Posted: Fri May 20th, 2016 05:53 am
PM Quote Reply Full Topic
Bullshipper

Mana: 
barato wrote: Frankie and bullshipper, I DON'T think that more government intrusion or more criminal laws are the answer to litter. I hate it as much as you, but I come to Mexico to get AWAY from overbearing govt types (and self-appointed enforcers)....why would I want more of that?

once while staying at Caleta Julio villa, I picked up two whole 52 gallon contractor bags of trash. didn't say anything about it to the local guys from Hermo who were camping nearby....but they picked up all their trash when they left.....often, leading by example works better than Fiat From On High. IMHO.

Asking a couple of policemen to go to the public beaches for a couple of hours on sat and sunday afternoon to give a few tickets to the blatant offenders will make an immediate improvement, get the word out, and generate some dough for the towns coffers.
It will also improve the beauty, sanitary and environmental state of the beach, which is what draws people to our area.
I have no problem with anyone helping out with clean up, but these laws have been on the books with zero enforcement for years and the problem has grown instead of getting better despite the educational push on the TV and in schools.