View single post by Sumner
 Posted: Wed Nov 30th, 2011 04:24 pm
PM Quote Reply Full Topic
Sumner

Mana: 
matthepp wrote: Sumner,
I'm sure your vehicle would be fine......
I enjoyed your shots from Hite.  Can't wait to do a trip down there next fall.  It's pretty close to us (relatively).
Thanks and when you go to Hite and come thru Blanding on 191 look us up.  We are easy to find, just across from the Super 8. 

We were driving up to Monticello the other day and it was so clear that we could see the mountain range just to the east of 550 between Ouray and you, 80-90 miles away.  I'd taken Ruth over there a couple years ago and pointed that out to her.

The other thing is that if we are home when you go we might be able to ferry your vehicle for you between say Hite and Halls Crossing.  We put in down at Page and then had a friend take our tow vehicle home and we called him when we got to Halls and he brought it back out and picked us up. 

We still want to finish our 'sail the length of Lake Powell' deal and might do that next fall if things work out, but I've promised Ruth a road trip and she wants to do the length of 191 from Mexico to Canada.  I've done a lot of it at different times here and there, but never the whole route.  Tons of things to see on 191 in AZ, Ut, Wyo. and MT,

Sum

Our Endeavour 37

Our Trips to Utah, Idaho, Canada, Florida

Our MacGregor S Pages

Last edited on Wed Nov 30th, 2011 04:25 pm by Sumner