View single post by bartmanaz
 Posted: Thu Jan 6th, 2011 05:45 pm
PM Quote Reply Full Topic

Joined: Wed Oct 26th, 2005
Location: Sierra Vista, Arizona USA
Posts: 3452
All visitors to Mexico are required to obtain a tourist card, properly a Forma Migratoria Multiple (FMM).  These forms are available at border crossings on the Mexican side. Look for the Imigracion or Migracion office.  The fact that you may get a green light from customs or even waved on after a customs inspection does not relieve you of the responsibility to get your FMM. 

The FMM is valid for a maximum of 180 days and cannot be renewed.  It can be used for multiple visits to Mexico within the validity period.  Upon departure or expiration, the forms must be turned in at a border Imigracion office.

There is no charge for the FMM for visits of 7 days or less.  From 8 - 180 days, there is a fee that is about $22-23 dollars depending on exchange rate.

To assist you in completing and understanding the form, we have posted it online in a document format with instructions in English that you can open, print and take with you to help fill out the form.  Click Here to open the document.