View single post by John S
 Posted: Sun Sep 16th, 2007 03:42 am
PM Quote Reply Full Topic
John S

Mana: 
verBoatin;

With all due respect to your online research on US 'sailing boards' there is no substitute for going San Carlos and see for yourself that dealing with Charlie, Marisa and Joanne is one of the best experiences you will ever encounter. And of you end up finding a sailboat and buying it- even better!

I am a licensed and bonded yacht broker in California and have done a number of boat transactions with San Carlos Yachts. You will not find a more professional, honest and downright efficient group anywhere. And I speak from experience, having just returned from a trip to the US capital of boating- Fort Lauderdale, Florida.

The cost of boat transport has risen dramatically in the last few years due to the rising costs of fuel. Still, if you do your homework, you should be able to find a boat transport service in your budget.

You will find it difficult to find a more efficient storage operation anywhere in the world than Marina Seca San Carlos. They can store about 600 vessels with metal posts on each side for hurricane/storm protection. By contrast,  I was in Marmaris, Turkey last December and all the sailboats were stored with flimsy wooden logs propping them up.

There are two marinas at San Carlos to serve boaters' needs. You should not have a problem to secure a berth if you contact them in advance.

If you are still not convinced, I can perhaps send you a copy of an article I wrote for Latitude 38 April 2006 ("Marina San Carlos, The Story of a Marina and the Family That Built It") I have been a San Carlos visitor and aficionado since 1977, and wrote at least three articles about San Carlos in Latitude 38 since late 1990's.  I would be happy to give you any information that might help you get to San Carlos and/or Mexico and get a boat. And you will not need any Spanish at all.

Hope this helps you

(John Skoriak)