View single post by milosgirl
 Posted: Thu Jun 7th, 2007 02:51 pm
PM Quote Reply Full Topic


Joined: Thu Jun 7th, 2007
Posts: 1
We were stung by small jellyfish in the summer of 2003.  We weren't in the water for 5 minutes before my sister and niece started saying that they felt something.  We all came ashore, and all 7 of us had been stung.  It burned, but it was not unbearable.  My sister got the worst of it.  I think she may have been stung by a larger jellyfish.  She had large marks across her thighs, that returned a month after they had disappeared.  She had to get medication for it.

The funny thing was that the locals did not believe us when we told them we were stung.  The said that there weren't any jellyfish at that time of year.

The next day we were sailing, and we could see millions of small jellyfish everywhere.