View single post by AZKLMSR
 Posted: Tue May 1st, 2007 05:17 am
PM Quote Reply Full Topic
AZKLMSR

Mana: 
I've been stung with little pops so many times I can't count, but then again I've been diving the area every summer since about 1974.   My last really good stinging was about 8 years ago.  I got a lot of the digestive acid on me as well as the stingers.  It was a particularly bad summer.  Good news was that the scar was instance acceptance with the local native divers.  That and the fact that I free dive exclusively.  Bad news was that the scar took about a year to go away.  I will affectionally wear that one though!

My youngest son got popped pretty good when he was about 8 years old.  We ended up taking him to the doctor when we got back to Phoenix as the swelling had not gone down and had red coloring. They gave him a oral steroid and you could literally watch the swelling colapse.  Again, he thought it was cool, but he did scream a bit when he first got hit.

I watch the area closely, come up slow and circle, wear gloves and usually a jelly type of sun screen and I've really been pretty comfortable.

kurt