View single post by JZ
 Posted: Wed Jan 10th, 2007 02:58 am
PM Quote Reply Full Topic


Joined: Wed Oct 26th, 2005
Posts: 1676
You can spot them most times.  So when you do, just don't get in the water there or that day.

Sometmes they are too small to spot. But in that case the sting is very minor.  It just causes some itching.

I've been stung many times and it is not a big deal at all.  Only once did I get stung by a big one.  It hurt a little, but not super painful.  It creates a whip like pattern that can itch a lot for several days. 

I swim alot in the summer.  I might get stung 3 or 4 times a year (none last year) by a little one, maybe 1 out of 15-20 times swimming or so.  That's my experience anyway.