View single post by Vince Radice
 Posted: Thu Jan 4th, 2007 03:58 am
PM Quote Reply Full Topic
Vince Radice

Mana: 
Hey Matt, I have shot yellow tail right at the point, San Antonio that is, many times. I have also chased the boils so you know how it is. I have also had great luck at the sea mount as well. I will be around in a few weeks and I am in pretty bad shape to so we can make plenty of excuses if we get skunked.

As far as scuba and spearfishing I have taken workshops with Conapesca so I am quite familiar with what the law is here. It is not permitted to scuba and spearfish at the same time. Perhaps it is a typo on the fishing permitt. In fact all the mexican pangeros that you see around the area that are using compressors for commerical diving are not legal either. The compressor divers here go after pretty much everything from octopus to lobster to clams to callo de hacha. These guys even spear fish with the compressor. They have been doing it for so long that Conapesca simply doesn't care anymore and looks the other way. They have their hands far to busy dealing with the illegal shrimp and dorado trade to even worry about the riberenos who use compressors for commercial fishing.

There are some americans down here who still spear fish with tanks and I am sure you know some of them but I still think you have a better chance to shoot something free diving. Especially yellowtail since they move so fast.

Hasta pronto