San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico Forums Home 
San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico Forums > Topical Forums > San Carlos Sailing Forum > Bringing my boat to San Carlos next year?

San Carlos Mexico Forum
Welcome to our forum. In order to post in our forums you must be registered. Please take a minute to register to enjoy the full benefits of the forum. Registration is FREE and your information is kept private. When registering, please make sure your email address is entered correctly-if incorrect, you will not receive your validation message. Please do not use your email address as your user name for your own privacy and security. Gmail account users should check spam or trash folders for our validation message after initial registration. We also suggest you add host@sancarlosmexico.com to your white list.

This message board requires you to register in order to post new topics, reply to topics started by other users, start polls, or vote on polls. As a registered user, you can edit your own posts, upload photos and view our photo gallery, and send private messages to other members of the board. Registered users can keep track of the topics they are interested in, and receive e-mail notifications when someone posts to one of those topics. Registered users can choose a theme and setup a profile, to include hometown, email & web address and avatar if desired.
We do ask that you post in the appropriate forum-look over the subjects and topics of all forums including the mercado section before making your first post. Posts in the wrong forum or not related to San Carlos may be moved or deleted without notice.
Please take a moment and register to enjoy all the benefits of the forum.
Bienvenidos!

Moderated by: bartmanaz
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
Bringing my boat to San Carlos next year?  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Sun Sep 11th, 2016 03:47 pm
  PM Quote Reply
1st Post
bobwalden

Mana: 
hi folks;
First off wanted to express sympathy for anyone affected by Newton. Looks like it really walloped SC hard. Ironically it's how I found this forum--saw pics on Facebook posted from here. Hope everyone's people, boats, properties, etc are OK.
I live in the SF area in California and I'm beginning the process of converting my racing Cal 39 back into a cruiser. Hoping to do the Baja Ha-Ha in '17, and wind up in December of '17 in San Carlos. So I'm doing a little research now.  This question is mainly aimed at folks who are doing the same thing: i.e., keeping a boat in marina seca and using it a few times a year.
First off, wondering if anyone has recommendations on which of the dry storage yards to use. Looks like Marina SC's dry yard got hit hard by Newton with several boats going over. Does anyone know why this happened? Being "out of the hurricane belt" is a big reason I was thinking about SC, and dry storage on top of that I thought would be a plus. Newton is making me think about that again. 
After the boat is there, initially we'd probably come down to use it for a week or two at a time from November through April, depending on vacation plans, etc. Not at all from May through October, probably. So we'd probably have it launched once in November, again in December, and then maybe once more in March each winter. After the last launch we'd strip the sails and otherwise prep it for hurricane season.
Second question: how dirty do the boats get in marina seca? do you have to spend a lot of time cleaning? Or do the folks doing the launch provide cleaning, maybe as an extra fee?
Any other tips or things you wish someone had told you before you brought your boat to SC would be appreciated. 
Thanks folks! Looking forward to hearing from you.
Bob Waldenbob@bobwalden.com

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Posted: Sun Jan 15th, 2017 06:15 pm
  PM Quote Reply
2nd Post
Steverhnm

Mana: 
I have been wondering about Marina Real for quite awhile. There are times when I come back down I have the black spot crap on my boat from storage at Marina Seca. Anybody really know what that is? I heard mold, I heard "something from when they treat sewage at the nearby plant..." Not sure what to think. I have the the boat buffed and waxed which is not cheap when they have to use the "acido" to get the crap off the boat. Not sure what kind of damage the Acido is doing to my finish as well... What are people's experiences storing their boat at Marina Real? Do they ever have boats go over in the hurricanes as well? How is their dry storage? Is it clean and safe, any problems anyone is aware of? If you don't want to say it on the forum, please send me a private message, I will keep your confidence.

Back To Top PM Quote Reply

Current time is 04:44 pm  
San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico Forums > Topical Forums > San Carlos Sailing Forum > Bringing my boat to San Carlos next year? Top

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2014 Data 1 Systems