San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico Forums Home 

San Carlos Mexico Forum
Welcome to our forum. In order to post in our forums you must be registered. Please take a minute to register to enjoy the full benefits of the forum. Registration is FREE and your information is kept private. When registering, please make sure your email address is entered correctly-if incorrect, you will not receive your validation message. Please do not use your email address as your user name for your own privacy and security. Gmail account users should check spam or trash folders for our validation message after initial registration. We also suggest you add host@sancarlosmexico.com to your white list.

This message board requires you to register in order to post new topics, reply to topics started by other users, start polls, or vote on polls. As a registered user, you can edit your own posts, upload photos and view our photo gallery, and send private messages to other members of the board. Registered users can keep track of the topics they are interested in, and receive e-mail notifications when someone posts to one of those topics. Registered users can choose a theme and setup a profile, to include hometown, email & web address and avatar if desired.
We do ask that you post in the appropriate forum-look over the subjects and topics of all forums including the mercado section before making your first post. Posts in the wrong forum or not related to San Carlos may be moved or deleted without notice.
Please take a moment and register to enjoy all the benefits of the forum.
Bienvenidos!

Moderated by: bartmanaz Page:  First Page Previous Page  1  2   
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
Public Ramps in San Carlos/Guaymas  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Mon Jun 4th, 2012 11:57 pm
  PM Quote Reply
21st Post
ezmony

Mana: 
Whatever happened to Just Jim? Trailer?

I'd just love to hear "the rest of the story".

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Posted: Tue Jun 5th, 2012 12:05 am
  PM Quote Reply
22nd Post
barato

Mana: 
my recollection is that the short version was something along the lines of he was coming in late at night, possibly had a few, made the turn too sharp coming into the bahia, impaled his boat on what has become known as the "boat on the rocks rock" that now has the sporadically-working light on it, went back to the US and tried to arrange salvage from there, while the boat was systematically stripped of parts.  there was some debate on the precise facts, but he was not happy and lost his entire investment in the boat.

Posted: Tue Jun 5th, 2012 12:13 am
  PM Quote Reply
23rd Post
ezmony

Mana: 
No No No-----we get all that, I mean the whole rest of the story---you know. Where and what happened to the borrowed trailer---the old wood boat was worth---well-----not much, but it made good kindle for the brickmakers. Does ol Jimbo come back down? You know the rest of the story.

Not trying to mess up anyones carma but this story is worth retelling. Damn let's write a book.

It's going to be a long summer.

PS---I love the "boat on the rocks---rock" I'll not forget that one anytime soon.

Last edited on Tue Jun 5th, 2012 12:15 am by ezmony

Posted: Tue Jun 5th, 2012 12:52 am
  PM Quote Reply
24th Post
Ian948

Mana: 
This was one of the first stories I read before ( 2 years later ) finally getting to San Carlos - love to know the "rest of the story" !!

I always remember that rock coming in from the north - it can be easy to miss with a little inattention !

Jim, are you out there ......

Posted: Tue Jun 5th, 2012 02:58 am
  PM Quote Reply
25th Post
bartmanaz
Administrator

Mana: 
The last I heard was a year or so after the event and the buddy was looking for Jim to get compensated for the loss of his trailer. Not sure of any further developments after that.

Current time is 02:11 pm Page:  First Page Previous Page  1  2     
San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico Forums > Topical Forums > San Carlos Sailing Forum > Public Ramps in San Carlos/Guaymas Top

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2014 Data 1 Systems