San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico Forums Home 

San Carlos Mexico Forum
Welcome to our forum. In order to post in our forums you must be registered. Please take a minute to register to enjoy the full benefits of the forum. Registration is FREE and your information is kept private. When registering, please make sure your email address is entered correctly-if incorrect, you will not receive your validation message. Please do not use your email address as your user name for your own privacy and security. Gmail account users should check spam or trash folders for our validation message after initial registration. We also suggest you add host@sancarlosmexico.com to your white list.

This message board requires you to register in order to post new topics, reply to topics started by other users, start polls, or vote on polls. As a registered user, you can edit your own posts, upload photos and view our photo gallery, and send private messages to other members of the board. Registered users can keep track of the topics they are interested in, and receive e-mail notifications when someone posts to one of those topics. Registered users can choose a theme and setup a profile, to include hometown, email & web address and avatar if desired.
We do ask that you post in the appropriate forum-look over the subjects and topics of all forums including the mercado section before making your first post. Posts in the wrong forum or not related to San Carlos may be moved or deleted without notice.
Please take a moment and register to enjoy all the benefits of the forum.
Bienvenidos!

Moderated by: bartmanaz Page:    1  2  Next Page Last Page  
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
Poseidon's misstress  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Mon Mar 22nd, 2010 11:20 pm
  PM Quote Reply
1st Post
Feliza

Mana: 
6 divers, 2 professinal divers and 4 staff from El Mar Diving Center went out today March 22 to look for the Poseidon's misstress, this boat sank during hurricane Juliette in Sep. 2002, and guess what? They found it!, Our boat Piesquita still at the site, the group will came back to dock tomorrow night, we will share you coordinates, information, etc. we know so far it is a new good spot for diving, lots of fish!

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Posted: Tue Mar 23rd, 2010 12:09 am
  PM Quote Reply
2nd Post
Matt Blair

Mana: 
Wow! Congratulations! That's really exciting. Please keep us posted.

Matt

Posted: Tue Mar 23rd, 2010 12:28 am
  PM Quote Reply
3rd Post
bartmanaz
Administrator

Mana: 
Very cool, Feliza and welcome to the board-would really be interested in specifics.

Bart

Posted: Tue Mar 23rd, 2010 03:07 am
  PM Quote Reply
4th Post
IronMan

Mana: 
I found this:

http://www.cdnn.info/industry/i011002a/i011002a.html

Big Boat!

Posted: Tue Mar 23rd, 2010 04:35 am
  PM Quote Reply
5th Post
gus055

Mana: 
I want too know how it was found in one day?

Posted: Tue Mar 23rd, 2010 05:53 pm
  PM Quote Reply
6th Post
Feliza

Mana: 
Piesquita is on the way back, will be at the marina at 1:30 this afternoon, we collect the info and share with you later, my staff is exciting, they said is beatiful place to dive!

Posted: Wed Mar 24th, 2010 05:25 am
  PM Quote Reply
7th Post
ACWAMAN

Mana: 
gus055 wrote: I want too know how it was found in one day?

I know the group involved, have been researching the PM's where abouts for a long time, including talking to local fishermen whom have gotten nets tangled up on something in the search area.

No fluke, but a little luck always helps, along with side scanning sonar.

Who wants to go?

Regards

Seamus

Posted: Wed Mar 24th, 2010 03:20 pm
  PM Quote Reply
8th Post
gus055

Mana: 
I dont remember the name of the captain on the PM when she went down. Is he part of the group who has been looking?

Posted: Wed Mar 24th, 2010 04:02 pm
  PM Quote Reply
9th Post
ACWAMAN

Mana: 
gus055 wrote: I dont remember the name of the captain on the PM when she went down. Is he part of the group who has been looking?

Ramon was the Captain when she went down, but was not part of the search group.

Giram (Pato), the Captain aboard Piesquita that made the search trip, was a crew member on the PM when she went down and drifted for 36 hours I believe, prior to being picked up.

Regards

Seamus

Posted: Wed Mar 24th, 2010 04:03 pm
  PM Quote Reply
10th Post
Feliza

Mana: 
Hiram Razcon "Pato", was a mate on the Poseidon's Mistress, he is our boat captain on the Piesquita, he has the full history of this and will share with us today, we will have a conference with the local news, the government like to declare a official new wreck diving for San Carlos. We will share full information this afternoon with you, in advance would like to thanks Ric Johnson, Ray Gundy and my full staff from El Mar to make this happen they been working on this for a month and put a lot effort to find the boat.

Posted: Wed Mar 24th, 2010 04:07 pm
  PM Quote Reply
11th Post
ACWAMAN

Mana: 
Hiram!

When I use a J, they use a G, when I use G, they use an H, which I would have used to begin with, had I not been lead astray.

Feliza, please have all your staff spell their names frenetically.

Thanks

Seamus

Posted: Wed Mar 24th, 2010 09:08 pm
  PM Quote Reply
12th Post
Matt Blair

Mana: 
Well said Shaymous. Well said.

Posted: Wed Mar 24th, 2010 09:33 pm
  PM Quote Reply
13th Post
ACWAMAN

Mana: 
That's Shameless to you Matt.

Posted: Wed Mar 24th, 2010 10:25 pm
  PM Quote Reply
14th Post
IronMan

Mana: 
I thought you were from Tahiti, Chez Mousse?

Last edited on Wed Mar 24th, 2010 10:53 pm by IronMan

Posted: Wed Mar 24th, 2010 10:54 pm
  PM Quote Reply
15th Post
gus055

Mana: 
Ive been on PM, so I have probably met Pato, just dont remember. I lost touch with the owners of PM several years ago.

Posted: Thu Mar 25th, 2010 01:00 am
  PM Quote Reply
16th Post
Feliza

Mana: 
We had a meeting with all this people involve in the expedition and decide to keep the location of Poseidon's secret until we clear the area and we make sure is safe to dive, because the nets of the fishing boats and stuff around is very dangerous to penetrate now, and we are afraid people get too excited and do mistakes, we don't want accidents, but for sure we will do this ASAP and hopefully soon we all can go to the Poseidon, we do have the anchor at the shop and will keep there.

Posted: Thu Mar 25th, 2010 01:18 am
  PM Quote Reply
17th Post
bartmanaz
Administrator

Mana: 
Way to go, Feliza.  This is so cool.  Can you say depth of the dive at this point?

Posted: Thu Mar 25th, 2010 01:42 am
  PM Quote Reply
18th Post
Feliza

Mana: 
Depth is about 60 feet, like the Ferry boat, not too deep, but dangerous because the boat conditions, but as far we know, boat is complete, no brocken in parts, is going to be a very cool spot for diving!!

Posted: Thu Mar 25th, 2010 05:18 am
  PM Quote Reply
19th Post
pastrybarb

Mana: 
Hello Feliza and all who have responded to this post. I was the owner of Poseidon's Mistress and have just been informed of her discovery. It was a very sad day when I, in the US at the time, was told that she was going down. I was supposed to be on that trip, but rearranged my schedule at the request of the previous dive group. In spite of the circumstances that the passengers had to go though, I was relived to know they all had the strength to get to shore or were rescued. God was watching them that day. I subsequently made attempts to locate the boat, but to no avail. One of the the skiffs managed to float to Bahia Kino, where two of the on-board kayaks ended up as well. I still have the life-ring that was stationed on the side of the vessel, and that's the only tangible thing I have to remind me of that great dive boat and her adventures.

I had given up hope of the boat ever being found years ago, and was hopeful that it would become a great dive spot for a good wreck dive. At least that has come true. I hope I can someday visit her again. She has many stories to tell if you listen carefully when you visit...

And for those of you who did have the privilege of visiting, I remember you. I kept all the visitor logs. And notes. Lots of notes!!! :-D

Barb Wilson

Posted: Thu Mar 25th, 2010 05:22 am
  PM Quote Reply
20th Post
pastrybarb

Mana: 
One other thing. Pato was one of our crew members. And a great guy. Although he was listed on our despacho as "Hiram", like "the Walker drink." You guys are lucky to have him as a crew member. He's solid.

Current time is 12:16 am Page:    1  2  Next Page Last Page    
San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico Forums > Topical Forums > San Carlos Diving Forum > Poseidon's misstress Top

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2014 Data 1 Systems