San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico Forums Home 

San Carlos Mexico Forum
Welcome to our forum. In order to post in our forums you must be registered. Please take a minute to register to enjoy the full benefits of the forum. Registration is FREE and your information is kept private. When registering, please make sure your email address is entered correctly-if incorrect, you will not receive your validation message. Please do not use your email address as your user name for your own privacy and security. Gmail account users should check spam or trash folders for our validation message after initial registration. We also suggest you add host@sancarlosmexico.com to your white list.

This message board requires you to register in order to post new topics, reply to topics started by other users, start polls, or vote on polls. As a registered user, you can edit your own posts, upload photos and view our photo gallery, and send private messages to other members of the board. Registered users can keep track of the topics they are interested in, and receive e-mail notifications when someone posts to one of those topics. Registered users can choose a theme and setup a profile, to include hometown, email & web address and avatar if desired.
We do ask that you post in the appropriate forum-look over the subjects and topics of all forums including the mercado section before making your first post. Posts in the wrong forum or not related to San Carlos may be moved or deleted without notice.
Please take a moment and register to enjoy all the benefits of the forum.
Bienvenidos!

Moderated by: bartmanaz Page:    1  2  Next Page Last Page  
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
Current Dive conditions??  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Wed Sep 30th, 2009 12:00 am
  PM Quote Reply
1st Post
Master98

Mana: 
Could someone give us some recent dive condition info for both local dives and San Pedro island? Water temperature, visability, safety issues related to post Hurricane Jimena damage/runoff, etc. Thanks!

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Posted: Wed Sep 30th, 2009 01:55 pm
  PM Quote Reply
2nd Post
Dakota

Mana: 
We were out at the Island Saturday snorkeling at the light house,  the vis was great, 50 feet. water temps were 87 F and lots of fish. Your local diving will depend on daily conditions and could be great today and bad tomarrow, so no comment on local diving other than the temps are between 87 to 92 F head out to the island as it is always a good dive!
Dakota Dave

Posted: Wed Sep 30th, 2009 04:34 pm
  PM Quote Reply
3rd Post
broereb

Mana: 
I post conditions on http://www.divesancarlos.net Also just added pictures of a shell collection. Absolutely fantastic ! Please enjoy, Johan.

Posted: Fri Oct 2nd, 2009 03:49 pm
  PM Quote Reply
4th Post
UsryTregre

Mana: 
Current dive condition -- wet!

Hee - sorry, I couldn't resist.

My dive computer registerd 86 the 25-29th of Sep.  Afternoons have rougher surf. 

Posted: Fri Oct 2nd, 2009 05:22 pm
  PM Quote Reply
5th Post
Master98

Mana: 
We ended up going to San Pedro Island yesterday. Cloudy weather but water was great, 84 surface and 82 at 40-60 feet deep. Visability was 40-50 feet. The sea lions were playful, more than usual with some possible mating rituals being observed. Fun! Then on the way back we got in a large pod of dolphin (100-150) jumping and playing all around the boat. Overall, a great day!

Posted: Tue Oct 6th, 2009 01:42 am
  PM Quote Reply
6th Post
gdaaym8z

Mana: 
Hello,

We are in San Carlos now and the dive conditions have been great. We have made 4 dives at San Pedro and the vis has been 60-80 and the temp right at 80. As far as the hurricane damage, they are still fixing the roads and there is still quite a lot of debris around but we have had no issues getting anywhere in town, they have some detours set up but no big deal.

Posted: Fri Nov 13th, 2009 09:52 pm
  PM Quote Reply
7th Post
UsryTregre

Mana: 
Bump!  Any updates?  Anyone diving in November?

Posted: Mon Nov 16th, 2009 03:18 pm
  PM Quote Reply
8th Post
azkellie

Mana: 
I am coming down next week, 11/21 -29 and hope to do a dive.  

Can anyone tell me if a 3/2mm wetsuit is suitable for this time of year? 

Thanks

Posted: Tue Nov 17th, 2009 02:19 pm
  PM Quote Reply
9th Post
broereb

Mana: 
I wear my 6.5 mil now. When you run into a thermocline it sure cools down. One diver in a farmer john got to hot, but that is double. In the local coves a 3 mil could still do, but 72F gets cold after a while. This time of the year it is a steady drop down. I would want to be ready for below 70. Last year  Nov 29 was the first time below 70. Dec 13 it was 66. For now 72 is my coldest and with my sensative skin I am to whimpy for just a 3 mil. Enjoy.

Posted: Tue Nov 17th, 2009 05:40 pm
  PM Quote Reply
10th Post
azkellie

Mana: 
Thanks for the info!  I will probably leave my 3 at home and just rent a warmer one :)

Posted: Wed Nov 18th, 2009 01:31 pm
  PM Quote Reply
11th Post
UsryTregre

Mana: 
Ashley of Desert Divers of Tucson says the water is 75 degrees F.

Posted: Mon Nov 30th, 2009 05:29 pm
  PM Quote Reply
12th Post
rmor

Mana: 
Just got back from Thanksgiving in San Carlos.  Did a couple of boat dives with Sonora Sports Center (Vince Radice), good service good boat Captain, thoroughly enjoyed it.  Water was generally 72 F with vis around 20 ft, altho we did one dive off the end of Deer Island where the surface temp was 80 F, but still 72 F at 40-50 ft.  Uneventful drive down and back to Tucson.

Posted: Fri Dec 11th, 2009 04:16 pm
  PM Quote Reply
13th Post
UsryTregre

Mana: 
Anyone want to post an update?

Posted: Fri Dec 11th, 2009 07:15 pm
  PM Quote Reply
14th Post
broereb

Mana: 
Hola, 71 F at sixty feet . Visibility around 25 feet.  There are some stronger currents around. Nothing extreem, just dive against it first. Do not count on 80 F. Dress up and bring a sweater. We have seen big schools of jumping Manta's. Lets see if we can top last weekend. Orca's, Dolphins, Manta's , lots of eals, a little Halibut etc. etc. Enjoy ! See you on the bottum, Johan.

Posted: Tue Dec 15th, 2009 08:59 pm
  PM Quote Reply
15th Post
UsryTregre

Mana: 
Wow - Friends diving this weekend 12-13 Dec says the water temps are still 71-72.

<sigh> :)

Posted: Fri May 21st, 2010 03:42 pm
  PM Quote Reply
16th Post
UsryTregre

Mana: 
Does anyone wish to post an update for those of us coming down for Memorial Day?  :)

Posted: Sun May 23rd, 2010 04:44 pm
  PM Quote Reply
17th Post
divesancarlos

Mana: 
Well, the shorty's have come out the closet. We enjoyed 72-75 in Lalos Cove. The Kelp is still standing and there are lots of fish in it. Yesterday I found a guitar fish and we saw a big diamond stingray. It was at least 4 ft across and with the tail 8 ft long. We like to swim on the edge of the kelp forest rather than barging through it or we swim just over the top. Visibility has been around 25-30 ft and that is good enough for me. Last week I still found 66 F on a deep dive at the Island but the shallow was also 72. Clearly the water is warming up and once that has started it keeps going. Very soon we will be seeing 80's. Life is a beach and I dive. Johan.

Posted: Sat Jun 19th, 2010 03:56 pm
  PM Quote Reply
18th Post
azkellie

Mana: 
We are coming down next week. Is a 3mm necessary or will a shorty be more than enough?

Posted: Sun Jun 20th, 2010 12:06 am
  PM Quote Reply
19th Post
Master98

Mana: 
We dove last Sunday at Eagles Nest and San Antonio, local dive spots. The bottom Temp. was 78 on both dives. We wore 3 or 4mm but everyone is different and it will get warmer too. Good luck.

Last edited on Sun Jun 20th, 2010 12:06 am by Master98

Posted: Mon Jun 21st, 2010 01:13 am
  PM Quote Reply
20th Post
gus055

Mana: 
Dove June 18, made three local dives. Eagles, Window rock & Dos Gringos. Viz 25 Ft. at best, lots of fish and Water temp 82*- 76* down to about 85 Ft. Wind has been blowing in from the south, so the jelly fish are showing up, every one I talked too has seen one this week. I only saw one jelly.
June 19 at the North Point of Island. Viz 30-50 Ft. and water temp was 84* but 74* around 90 Ft. Had a fantastic time Diving and no problems driving to San Carlos from Phoenix.

Last edited on Mon Jun 21st, 2010 04:28 pm by gus055

Current time is 01:44 am Page:    1  2  Next Page Last Page    
San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico Forums > Topical Forums > San Carlos Diving Forum > Current Dive conditions?? Top

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2014 Data 1 Systems