San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico Forums Home 

San Carlos Mexico Forum
Welcome to our forum. In order to post in our forums you must be registered. Please take a minute to register to enjoy the full benefits of the forum. Registration is FREE and your information is kept private. When registering, please make sure your email address is entered correctly-if incorrect, you will not receive your validation message. Please do not use your email address as your user name for your own privacy and security. Gmail account users should check spam or trash folders for our validation message after initial registration. We also suggest you add host@sancarlosmexico.com to your white list.

This message board requires you to register in order to post new topics, reply to topics started by other users, start polls, or vote on polls. As a registered user, you can edit your own posts, upload photos and view our photo gallery, and send private messages to other members of the board. Registered users can keep track of the topics they are interested in, and receive e-mail notifications when someone posts to one of those topics. Registered users can choose a theme and setup a profile, to include hometown, email & web address and avatar if desired.
We do ask that you post in the appropriate forum-look over the subjects and topics of all forums including the mercado section before making your first post. Posts in the wrong forum or not related to San Carlos may be moved or deleted without notice.
Please take a moment and register to enjoy all the benefits of the forum.
Bienvenidos!

Moderated by: bartmanaz Page:    1  2  Next Page Last Page  
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
Water Viz & Temp  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Fri Oct 12th, 2007 10:15 pm
  PM Quote Reply
1st Post
Vince Radice

Mana: 
The water temp today was 63 degrees in the thermocline and the viz was around 15 feet.

Looks like summer has abrutly come to an end.

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Posted: Sat Oct 13th, 2007 01:09 am
  PM Quote Reply
2nd Post
bombero

Mana: 
If this is true, bad news to us coming down next week for some free diving,  WoW

Posted: Sat Oct 13th, 2007 01:12 am
  PM Quote Reply
3rd Post
bombero

Mana: 
Forget it, just found out what thermocline is, not a factor to my free diving experience, thanks anyway!

Last edited on Sat Oct 13th, 2007 01:28 am by bombero

Posted: Sat Oct 13th, 2007 11:11 pm
  PM Quote Reply
4th Post
Vince Radice

Mana: 
Dove the outside of Martini again today viz was again 15 feet and the temperature was between 63 degrees and 72 degrees depending on depth. Don't know what San Pedro Island was.  Water looks like chocolate soup on the coast.  Hopefully it  will get cold fast and clear up.

Posted: Fri Oct 19th, 2007 03:57 pm
  PM Quote Reply
5th Post
ACWAMAN

Mana: 
Vince,

Will be down early next week, hoping to go Spearing one day, an Yellowtail around yet?

Figuring on bringing my 5 MM suit, do you concur?

Fancy coming out with us, let me know, it'll be either Monday or Tuesday.

Thanks!

Seamus

Posted: Fri Oct 19th, 2007 05:11 pm
  PM Quote Reply
6th Post
Vince Radice

Mana: 
I suspect the 5mm should be fine, Looks like the viz has improved a bit to. I know some of the commercial boys were knocking down yellowtail last week but not sure where.

Would love to go out if I don't have to go do that four letter word thing called work!!!!

give my a buzz when you know when your going.

gracias

V

Posted: Fri Oct 19th, 2007 06:11 pm
  PM Quote Reply
7th Post
ACWAMAN

Mana: 
After sending out the post, I checked the Buoy weather and it looks dismal for the days I would come down.

Going to moniter that for any change, as have found it is sometimes not that accurate on the longer term forcast.

Regards

Posted: Fri Oct 19th, 2007 06:56 pm
  PM Quote Reply
8th Post
Master98

Mana: 
We are coming down next week for 5-6 days. Any idea on the surface temperature around Martini cove or the other coves for snorkeling? Visibility overall not too good even in the coves? Thanks!

Posted: Sat Oct 20th, 2007 05:23 am
  PM Quote Reply
9th Post
1stLadyofPairaDYCE

Mana: 
We are planning on heading to San Carlos next weekend. Maybe it will improve by then?

Posted: Sat Oct 20th, 2007 02:49 pm
  PM Quote Reply
10th Post
ACWAMAN

Mana: 
Master 98, Martini Cove was mid 70s last week, at the surface.

1st lady, the Buoy Weather web site that I subscribe to, only forcasts up to 7 days, but I've found it not to be that reliable more than 3, probably due to the constant chaging of weather paterns in the Sea of Cortez.

I've seen conditions change over night in SC, this weekends dismal report has no reflection on what next weekend will be, I'm sure it'll lay down and you'll have a great trip!

Good luck!

Posted: Mon Oct 22nd, 2007 05:48 am
  PM Quote Reply
11th Post
DakotaDave

Mana: 
Check Terrifin (Satelite that gives you the surface temp and chlorophyll) last night It was 81 degrees 35 miles out to the west, 30 degrees to the south and north. I had some friends at Tortuga Saturday and this hit 83 degrees with great vis. This may move back to put you back in a Lycra. or not. Good luck... Dakota Dave

Posted: Mon Oct 22nd, 2007 06:32 pm
  PM Quote Reply
12th Post
JZ

Mana: 
My prediction is that it's gonna be very windy by tomorrow.  It's already quite windy now and it's going to get worst.

Santa Anna's are pounding SoCal.  They started Sunday.

Posted: Tue Nov 20th, 2007 01:03 pm
  PM Quote Reply
13th Post
divemode

Mana: 
Dave- I'm coming to San Carlos for the first time on the 21st-25th... I don't know much about the area. Where is the best diving spots you would recommend?  I'm bringing video gear so the viz is important!

Posted: Tue Nov 20th, 2007 03:27 pm
  PM Quote Reply
14th Post
DakotaDave

Mana: 
The best vis will be at San Pedro Noglasco Island about 16 miles out. There are lots of sealions as well as sea life. The yellow tail are at south point and would it would be great to film them if you can get close enough with scuba. Here is a link to some video that I shot last summer
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GwOaZIMxWbE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ocMPfjCEx4 

The water surface temp is about 69 to 73 so bring a wet suit. You can contact me through my website http://www.dakotacharters.com if you would like help with anything.  

Posted: Tue Nov 27th, 2007 01:01 am
  PM Quote Reply
15th Post
gus055

Mana: 
Dove Friday the 23 and Saturday 24. Water temp at the Island At the light house 68* down to 70 feet viz 15 -20 Feet. The waterfall was the same. The aquarium temp 68* viz 15 feet at best. Outside Martine cove the same.

Posted: Tue Nov 27th, 2007 01:07 am
  PM Quote Reply
16th Post
gus055

Mana: 
To Divemode

I would like to know if you got any video of the biggest of the 5 whales I did not get a picture of the big one. Also did you get to the island Saturday or did the boat turn around.

by the way I am the guy with the dual strobed camera.

Posted: Sun Jan 6th, 2008 07:30 am
  PM Quote Reply
17th Post
1stLadyofPairaDYCE

Mana: 
Anybody know what the visibility is like in January? We are thinking of coming down next weekend and don't know wether to pack the dive gear or not.

Posted: Wed Jan 9th, 2008 09:57 pm
  PM Quote Reply
18th Post
MOBILE MIKE

Mana: 
   Try asking on the fishing forum. I think you will find your answer a lot faster.  Mike;)

Last edited on Thu Jan 10th, 2008 09:43 pm by MOBILE MIKE

Posted: Wed Jan 9th, 2008 10:08 pm
  PM Quote Reply
19th Post
sueltame

Mana: 
It should be good at the island I was there two days ago and at 50 feet I could see the bottom. Inshore it is terrible it looks like coffee. bring the gear

Lalo

Posted: Thu Jan 10th, 2008 10:09 pm
  PM Quote Reply
20th Post
1stLadyofPairaDYCE

Mana: 
sueltame wrote: It should be good at the island I was there two days ago and at 50 feet I could see the bottom. Inshore it is terrible it looks like coffee. bring the gear

Lalo

What about the temp? How was the dive? Anything good?

Current time is 01:39 am Page:    1  2  Next Page Last Page    
San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico Forums > Topical Forums > San Carlos Diving Forum > Water Viz & Temp Top

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2014 Data 1 Systems