San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico Forums Home 

San Carlos Mexico Forum
Welcome to our forum. In order to post in our forums you must be registered. Please take a minute to register to enjoy the full benefits of the forum. Registration is FREE and your information is kept private. When registering, please make sure your email address is entered correctly-if incorrect, you will not receive your validation message. Please do not use your email address as your user name for your own privacy and security. Gmail account users should check spam or trash folders for our validation message after initial registration. We also suggest you add host@sancarlosmexico.com to your white list.

This message board requires you to register in order to post new topics, reply to topics started by other users, start polls, or vote on polls. As a registered user, you can edit your own posts, upload photos and view our photo gallery, and send private messages to other members of the board. Registered users can keep track of the topics they are interested in, and receive e-mail notifications when someone posts to one of those topics. Registered users can choose a theme and setup a profile, to include hometown, email & web address and avatar if desired.
We do ask that you post in the appropriate forum-look over the subjects and topics of all forums including the mercado section before making your first post. Posts in the wrong forum or not related to San Carlos may be moved or deleted without notice.
Please take a moment and register to enjoy all the benefits of the forum.
Bienvenidos!

Moderated by: bartmanaz Page:    1  2  Next Page Last Page  
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
Fishing Regulations & More  Rating:  Rating
AuthorPost
 Posted: Wed Apr 5th, 2006 08:20 pm
  PM Quote Reply
1st Post
bartmanaz
Administrator

Mana: 
Here you go-everything you wanted to know about Mexican fishing regs, licenses and permits in one easy to use web location.  Includes a downloadable application that can be used to request permits and licenses by postal mail.
Our newest page is Fishing Regulations
Check it out!

Bart

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Posted: Fri Apr 21st, 2006 03:35 pm
  PM Quote Reply
2nd Post
mexicomelklein

Mana: 
Great information and very enlightening.  Thank You!

MexicoMel

Posted: Fri Apr 21st, 2006 08:40 pm
  PM Quote Reply
3rd Post
hans

Mana: 
Only one rod or line with hook is permitted in the water, per person. that is written in th regulation.
so it seems that a lot of boats have more line per person in the water. specially on tornaments.
i am right or not ??
saludos hans

Posted: Fri Apr 21st, 2006 11:07 pm
  PM Quote Reply
4th Post
Stuart

Mana: 
Hans,

I have to say - there's the letter of the law, then there's the reality of what's enforced. Realistically, nobody I know trolls with only one line, even if they're fishing by themselves. I usually troll with 4 lines, even if there are only two of us aboard. 

Am I breaking the law? Well, technically, I suppose I am. Am I worried about being cited and going to jail over it? Well no, I'm not. They'd have to arrest nearly everybody that owns a sportfishing boat and trolls for tuna, dorado or marlin. It's simply the way trolling is done - you drop several lures to create the illusion of a school of baitfish following your boat.  

I think the spirit of the law is intended more for bottom fishing. One guy, one fishing rod. Of course, I'm far from being an expert on the matter or a Mexican lawyer. Simply my opinion. I've watched how the Mexicans fish and do it the same way they do.

Posted: Sat Apr 22nd, 2006 01:04 am
  PM Quote Reply
5th Post
hans

Mana: 
yes it looks like the other law.
no alcohol behind the wheel!  not one zip! or you are against the law!
That, how it is in mexico.
that means we are at all times , criminals .
dont take live tooooo serious and enjoy mexico!
saludos hans

Posted: Wed Dec 13th, 2006 09:22 pm
  PM Quote Reply
6th Post
Ash

Mana: 
Great information.   I have a question concerning the no cleaning on board.  Suppose I am on a cruising sailboat and plan to have dinner at sea with the just-caught fish?  This sounds illegal?

Thanks.

Posted: Thu Dec 14th, 2006 01:12 am
  PM Quote Reply
7th Post
bartmanaz
Administrator

Mana: 
Have dinner

Bart

Posted: Thu Dec 14th, 2006 04:37 am
  PM Quote Reply
8th Post
Dickrep

Mana: 
Like Bart says, "have dinner". That is another of the technical laws that is not enforced. Many or most of us clean our fish on the way back to the docks and get the fillets on ice quickly.

Posted: Sat Jul 21st, 2007 01:37 pm
  PM Quote Reply
9th Post
bahiatrader

Mana: 
...and onboard tacos pescado are the best in the world!

Attachment: fish tacos 2.JPG (Downloaded 1665 times)

Posted: Tue Jan 29th, 2008 12:16 pm
  PM Quote Reply
10th Post
bartmanaz
Administrator

Mana: 
Just got back from a trip and had a nice email from the folks at the pesca office in San Diego with updates.  I'll quote the email and will get the new info posted to the main site a bit later today.  When discussing permits, important to tmake the distinction between an import permit for the boat which is permission for it to be in Mexico and a fishng permit for the boat, which is no longer necessary.

"

Dear Sir,

I am attaching for your information, and for the benefit of those that visit your website, updated information regarding the need for Mexican fishing licenses and current fees, as the information presented in your website is out of date.

Due to recent changes in Mexican law, starting January 2008 a boat fishing permit is no longer needed for vessels carrying fishing equipment in Mexican waters; however, a fishing license is still required, as usual, for every person aboard the boat.  I am attaching a copy of the government's gazette, Diario Oficial de la Federacion, where Article 191-D, which specified boat permit fees, was repealed.

I am also attaching a copy of the fishing license application form so you may update you website in regards to the current fees and application form.  You may also redirect your visitors to our website at http://www.conapescasandiego.org, where the latest form is available.

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact our office.

CONAPESCA/Oficina de Pesca en San Diego
619.233.4324"

I will post his attachments and update the fishing regs page a bit later this morning.
Thanx
Bart

Posted: Fri Jul 25th, 2008 08:53 pm
  PM Quote Reply
11th Post
Lip-Stretcher

Mana: 
I was thinking about bringing my boat down from Tucson to the Sea of Cortez to chase of few Dorados, but I don't know if you still need a boat permit to cross the border?  Also, does everyone aboard need a fishing license or just the boat owner?

Is there anywhere to find out the sea conditions down there?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Posted: Fri Jul 25th, 2008 11:42 pm
  PM Quote Reply
12th Post
IronMan

Mana: 
Lip-Stretcher wrote: I was thinking about bringing my boat down from Tucson to the Sea of Cortez to chase of few Dorados, but I don't know if you still need a boat permit to cross the border?  Also, does everyone aboard need a fishing license or just the boat owner?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

need a boat permit to cross the border?
No, you only need to get the import permit if you plan to leave the boat in Mexico.

does everyone aboard need a fishing license?
Yes, everyone is supposed to have a fishing permit

Go to the homepage http://www.sancarlosmexico.com, click on Tide/Solunar data and there is a link to the free two day Buoyweather forecast.

Last edited on Tue Jul 29th, 2008 01:32 pm by bartmanaz

Posted: Tue Dec 9th, 2008 12:46 am
  PM Quote Reply
13th Post
Aaron

Mana: 
I have purchased licenses through Vagabundos in the past, is there a place in San Carlos where they can be purchased?

Posted: Tue Dec 9th, 2008 12:59 am
  PM Quote Reply
14th Post
IronMan

Mana: 
On the Marina boardwalk at BY TAG Sportfishing.

Posted: Tue Dec 9th, 2008 01:23 pm
  PM Quote Reply
15th Post
bartmanaz
Administrator

Mana: 
Also available at the Convention and Visitors office-on your right on the lateral before the old Black Horse nightclub

Bart

Last edited on Mon Dec 23rd, 2013 07:26 pm by bartmanaz

Posted: Wed Jan 21st, 2009 08:24 am
  PM Quote Reply
16th Post
naree

Mana: 
Thank you very much bartmanaz, for useful information !!!
http://www.discountboatpropellers.com

Posted: Sun Mar 1st, 2009 08:00 pm
  PM Quote Reply
17th Post
Alibi

Mana: 
We will be cruising around the sea of cortez in our boat. The daily permits were difficult to get (the ones for being in the marine parks area) because we didnt always get to shore. Last year I heard they made this permit easier by issuing a yearly permit. Does anyone know if this permit can be bought on line or can it be purchased in San Carlos?

Posted: Sat Dec 5th, 2009 10:11 pm
  PM Quote Reply
18th Post
nicknack2

Mana: 
I just took my boat a 21' Stamas to San Carlos, I did that three times this summer and in my first trip I did have to get a boat permit (temporary importation which is good for 10 years)

Last edited on Sat Dec 5th, 2009 10:12 pm by nicknack2

Posted: Fri Jan 22nd, 2010 06:11 pm
  PM Quote Reply
19th Post
jimbrooks12

Mana: 
Hi,

Thank you so much for your great information! It helped me a lot!

Jim Brooks

Posted: Thu Oct 11th, 2012 07:33 pm
  PM Quote Reply
20th Post
iceman714

Mana: 
I have purchased my license on line the last few years with no problemos.

https://www2.ebajacalifornia.gob.mx/Pesca/

Current time is 12:38 am Page:    1  2  Next Page Last Page    
San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico Forums > Topical Forums > San Carlos Fishing Forum > Fishing Regulations & More Top

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2014 Data 1 Systems