San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico Forums Home 

San Carlos Mexico Forum
Welcome to our forum. In order to post in our forums you must be registered. Please take a minute to register to enjoy the full benefits of the forum. Registration is FREE and your information is kept private. When registering, please make sure your email address is entered correctly-if incorrect, you will not receive your validation message. Please do not use your email address as your user name for your own privacy and security. Gmail account users should check spam or trash folders for our validation message after initial registration. We also suggest you add host@sancarlosmexico.com to your white list.

This message board requires you to register in order to post new topics, reply to topics started by other users, start polls, or vote on polls. As a registered user, you can edit your own posts, upload photos and view our photo gallery, and send private messages to other members of the board. Registered users can keep track of the topics they are interested in, and receive e-mail notifications when someone posts to one of those topics. Registered users can choose a theme and setup a profile, to include hometown, email & web address and avatar if desired.
We do ask that you post in the appropriate forum-look over the subjects and topics of all forums including the mercado section before making your first post. Posts in the wrong forum or not related to San Carlos may be moved or deleted without notice.
Please take a moment and register to enjoy all the benefits of the forum.
Bienvenidos!

Moderated by: bartmanaz
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
Lake Fishing near Hermosillo  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Wed Oct 24th, 2007 08:44 pm
  PM Quote Reply
1st Post
pacer99

Mana: 
Hello all,

I visit San Carlos around twice each year. Love the fishing and the locals.

I noticed on a downloaded MapQuest map that there is a somewhat large lake about 25 miles NE of Hermosillo. No name was given and I can't find it.

Does anyone know the name of the lake and if there are any fish to be had?

Thanks in advance,

Larry Pace

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Posted: Wed Oct 24th, 2007 09:57 pm
  PM Quote Reply
2nd Post
AcuDoc

Mana: 
I've never fished it but have always wondered about Lake Obergon

http://www.mexicanlakes.com/Lake_Obregon.htm

Will try next spring when I am here again.

Love to hear from any bass fisherman on where to go also...

tnx in advance - larry

Posted: Thu Oct 25th, 2007 12:04 am
  PM Quote Reply
3rd Post
bartmanaz
Administrator

Mana: 
Larry, the lake you are referring to is El Novillo and it is dynamite bass lake-more than 25 miles I'm afraid-anything you saw closer on a map is seasonal and may not have any water in it.  Obregon is also good.

Bart

Posted: Thu Oct 25th, 2007 05:21 am
  PM Quote Reply
4th Post
repsilon

Mana: 
I haven't fished Novillo yet but have heard some great reports. I hear mixed reports, with gillnetting always the culprit, but hey ... it's bass fishing. I never did near as good as the reports said in AZ. I fished Obregon/Oviache twice last year and caught about fifty a day on brown power worms, Senkos, and shad raps. All fat fish. I didn't get too far up to where there were probably less nets and bigger fish. Biggest was five, but they were averaging 2-4# at times. I loved it and it's close. I bet Novillo is already cool and busting. I'm going to go to the tournament in November (18th?) if anyone wants to join me. Will consider joining or taking someone anytime. It's a great experience!

Bryan

Posted: Thu Oct 25th, 2007 08:36 pm
  PM Quote Reply
5th Post
hans

Mana: 
Yes there is a "lake" next to Hermosillo and they there are some Fish in it  (its a Man Made lake and after quiet some Years we have again Water in it.).

About Novillo. I have lived in that Region for about 5 Years  (Placer Mining). And Yes it is a beautifull Place to Fish  (Bass and Catfish , big ones).
The Road is Paved to get there but some steep and curved Mountainroad.
The Valey of "el Novillo" is like Paradise.

From Sancarlos about 3.5 Hours. You can check it out first and you dont need a SUV or 4 Wheel Drive.
There are Places to Park a Mobile Home or Trailer.
Saludos Hans

Posted: Thu Oct 25th, 2007 11:45 pm
  PM Quote Reply
6th Post
pacer99

Mana: 
Thanks to all of you that have recponded to my question. Lake Novillo sounds like a great place to do some bass fishing.

If you know the roads from Hermosillo please let me know. I cant find it on MapQuest. We have a 33 foot motor home and tow a 13 foot aluminum boat. Is the route driveable with this set up?

If anyone can suggest a good place to camp and where  to fish please let me know.

Our next trip down south will be during the first week of March and I would like to combine the bass fishing with San Carlos tuna fishing. Anything wrong with this plan?

Thanks,

Larry

Posted: Fri Oct 26th, 2007 01:00 am
  PM Quote Reply
7th Post
hans

Mana: 
The Road to "El Novillo" . From Hermosillo to Mazatan  (not Mazatlan),  Rebeico,
El Novillo,  Sahuaripa.

Easy to find. You will have no Problems.

Right after the bridge crossing  Rio Yaqui  (where you could canoeing and washing Gold on the Side of the River) on the left Hand Side you can Camp.

saludos Hans

Last edited on Fri Oct 26th, 2007 01:03 am by hans

Current time is 11:19 am  
San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico Forums > Topical Forums > San Carlos Fishing Forum > Lake Fishing near Hermosillo Top

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2014 Data 1 Systems