San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico Forums Home 

San Carlos Mexico Forum
Welcome to our forum. In order to post in our forums you must be registered. Please take a minute to register to enjoy the full benefits of the forum. Registration is FREE and your information is kept private. When registering, please make sure your email address is entered correctly-if incorrect, you will not receive your validation message. Please do not use your email address as your user name for your own privacy and security. Gmail account users should check spam or trash folders for our validation message after initial registration. We also suggest you add host@sancarlosmexico.com to your white list.

This message board requires you to register in order to post new topics, reply to topics started by other users, start polls, or vote on polls. As a registered user, you can edit your own posts, upload photos and view our photo gallery, and send private messages to other members of the board. Registered users can keep track of the topics they are interested in, and receive e-mail notifications when someone posts to one of those topics. Registered users can choose a theme and setup a profile, to include hometown, email & web address and avatar if desired.
We do ask that you post in the appropriate forum-look over the subjects and topics of all forums including the mercado section before making your first post. Posts in the wrong forum or not related to San Carlos may be moved or deleted without notice.
Please take a moment and register to enjoy all the benefits of the forum.
Bienvenidos!

Moderated by: bartmanaz
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
Catch 22 Fishing Report  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Tue Mar 20th, 2018 04:34 am
  PM Quote Reply
1st Post
PQ Almada

Mana: 
After a few slow weeks with only a few fish being caught, the fishing is looking better with some great catch numbers in the the last few trips. The best of the yellowtail season is coming in the next few weeks. Don't miss out! Book your trip and get ready to jig and pop 'till you drop!!

Fernando Almada
Catch22 Sportfishing Mx

Last edited on Tue Mar 20th, 2018 04:35 am by PQ Almada

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Posted: Tue Mar 20th, 2018 03:21 pm
  PM Quote Reply
2nd Post
Snuffy

Mana: 
Very Nice. Look forward to fishing with you in April.

Posted: Tue Mar 20th, 2018 05:06 pm
  PM Quote Reply
3rd Post
zancudo

Mana: 
Well that looks better!!  Heading back down today!

Posted: Tue Mar 20th, 2018 10:28 pm
  PM Quote Reply
4th Post
IronMan

Mana: 
I'm not fishing, so I hate you! LOL!

Posted: Fri Mar 23rd, 2018 08:05 am
  PM Quote Reply
5th Post
fast eddie

Mana: 
Where's Walt?

Posted: Thu Mar 29th, 2018 04:42 am
  PM Quote Reply
6th Post
quagmire

Mana: 
Will be down next week with some new jigs I picked up in Hawaii. Full moon or not, there's gonna be some terrified yellowtail out there!

Posted: Thu Mar 29th, 2018 09:00 pm
  PM Quote Reply
7th Post
barato

Mana: 
you got the 87 ounce jigs and you're going to brain them???

still, I think they appreciate the variety and creativity in the flailings of us surface primates. I usually give em a laugh rather than terror.....

Posted: Fri Mar 30th, 2018 04:56 am
  PM Quote Reply
8th Post
PQ Almada

Mana: 
quagmire wrote: Will be down next week with some new jigs I picked up in Hawaii. Full moon or not, there's gonna be some terrified yellowtail out there!

What kind of jigs did you get??

I will see you out there!

Posted: Fri Mar 30th, 2018 06:10 am
  PM Quote Reply
9th Post
IronMan

Mana: 
Barato arises from the deceased! Hola amigo!

Posted: Sat Mar 31st, 2018 03:07 am
  PM Quote Reply
10th Post
quagmire

Mana: 
I got the Live Deception Jigs from Ahi. http://www.ahiusa.com. The guys in Hawaii really like these things for jigging and casting. They'll be scared because these things really look like bait. 

Posted: Sun Apr 1st, 2018 03:51 pm
  PM Quote Reply
11th Post
repsilon

Mana: 
I thought Borato Bruce had sunk on his Port-a-boat?

Last edited on Sun Apr 1st, 2018 03:52 pm by repsilon

Posted: Thu Apr 5th, 2018 03:08 am
  PM Quote Reply
12th Post
quagmire

Mana: 
Amazing fishing today. Fish we're everywhere in 80-150' of water. Birds were crashing the bait all day, I mean all day. I have never seen birds working so long in such a great area. The first fish we're small, 4-5# and went back in the water. It took a while, but a few 15-18# fish finally found their way onto the hooks of my new hot lures. I think even the guys trolling caught some fish:D. I found a weed line that held hundreds of small yellows and Fortune Jack's. Hours of catching instead of fishing today. They had large sardines and mackerel in their stomaches but only hit my small jigs. They wouldn't hit the poppers as they were too big. Go small. Sorry Craig, wish you could be here.:P

Posted: Thu Apr 5th, 2018 05:46 am
  PM Quote Reply
13th Post
IronMan

Mana: 
Saturday.. Jiggity, Jiggity!

Posted: Thu Apr 5th, 2018 03:17 pm
  PM Quote Reply
14th Post
repsilon

Mana: 
I've got a few bass rods ready today and some 1/4 oz. spoons. Good to hear about larger ones. I saw one pod of larger fish that was chasing a few flying fish. We had better fish the previous days, although a few 2#ers ( grouper snacks - released) on Tuesday. There are probably some cabrilla and Baya biting by now. Blue mackerel works, maybe as there is a ton of ballyhoo in areas. Otherwise, 10s and 15's with light leader.Jigs had to be super small. Blue water on the outside. Could be tuna 5 out or on the Horseshoe. Days of Southeast winds in the forecast. We'll see dorado and marlin real soon. A few decent Island reports. Haven't heard about Pando or Tortuga.

Posted: Fri Apr 6th, 2018 01:46 am
  PM Quote Reply
15th Post
quagmire

Mana: 
Sorry Craig, guess we caught all the fish yesterday. Today sucked. Loaded up on barracuda for my neighbor this morning hoping that the yellows would be underneath. They weren't. Dead slow along SA so I made a quick trip to the island in flat calm water. You know it is bad when the pangas are bottom fishing instead of tossing live bait. Didnt see anyone catch anything.i got one hook up and lost it to a sea lion. At least it was a nice ride back with the dolphins chasing schools of sardines. See ya Saturday. Jiggidy.

Posted: Fri Apr 6th, 2018 04:23 am
  PM Quote Reply
16th Post
IronMan

Mana: 
You done good! You da' man!

Posted: Fri Apr 6th, 2018 06:53 pm
  PM Quote Reply
17th Post
quagmire

Mana: 
Bring your bass rod. Most of the fish this morning we're 2-3#,  but there were a lot of them. biggest was 7#. Glad I filled the freezer a few days ago. Lots of barracuda.

Posted: Sat Apr 7th, 2018 08:55 am
  PM Quote Reply
18th Post
chase

Mana: 
Classic. Not there when the fish are biting. Maybe Brian is right? I’m bad luck

Posted: Fri Jun 1st, 2018 06:41 pm
  PM Quote Reply
19th Post
jdaddy50

Mana: 
Fished with you before. Would like to go two half days fishing on June 25th and 26th. How's the fishing? Just me and my wife but wouldn't mind sharing cost with anyone fishing those days. What are your rates? Please email at jdaddy50@yahoo.com. or you can reach me at 1-575-640-7303. Will be there from the 23rd to the 29th if you need to change dates. Thanks. Joe Alejandrez.

Posted: Thu Jun 7th, 2018 02:16 am
  PM Quote Reply
20th Post
PQ Almada

Mana: 
jdaddy50 wrote: Fished with you before. Would like to go two half days fishing on June 25th and 26th. How's the fishing? Just me and my wife but wouldn't mind sharing cost with anyone fishing those days. What are your rates? Please email at jdaddy50@yahoo.com. or you can reach me at 1-575-640-7303. Will be there from the 23rd to the 29th if you need to change dates. Thanks. Joe Alejandrez.

Just sent you a PM

Current time is 04:10 pm  
San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico Forums > Topical Forums > San Carlos Fishing Forum > Catch 22 Fishing Report Top

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2014 Data 1 Systems