San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico Forums Home 

San Carlos Mexico Forum
Welcome to our forum. In order to post in our forums you must be registered. Please take a minute to register to enjoy the full benefits of the forum. Registration is FREE and your information is kept private. When registering, please make sure your email address is entered correctly-if incorrect, you will not receive your validation message. Please do not use your email address as your user name for your own privacy and security. Gmail account users should check spam or trash folders for our validation message after initial registration. We also suggest you add host@sancarlosmexico.com to your white list.

This message board requires you to register in order to post new topics, reply to topics started by other users, start polls, or vote on polls. As a registered user, you can edit your own posts, upload photos and view our photo gallery, and send private messages to other members of the board. Registered users can keep track of the topics they are interested in, and receive e-mail notifications when someone posts to one of those topics. Registered users can choose a theme and setup a profile, to include hometown, email & web address and avatar if desired.
We do ask that you post in the appropriate forum-look over the subjects and topics of all forums including the mercado section before making your first post. Posts in the wrong forum or not related to San Carlos may be moved or deleted without notice.
Please take a moment and register to enjoy all the benefits of the forum.
Bienvenidos!

Moderated by: bartmanaz Page:    1  2  Next Page Last Page  
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
2018 Yellowtail Tournament  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Mon Feb 26th, 2018 08:50 pm
  PM Quote Reply
1st Post
GOLDRING

Mana: 
I think it’s time you get a new feed going here this year hopefully it’s going to be a fun tournament that’s coming up in a couple weeks I believe Shots and Brian are going to be running the tournament 
Telamon will be in
We will bring the fishing luck for everyone LOL

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Posted: Tue Feb 27th, 2018 02:00 am
  PM Quote Reply
2nd Post
repsilon

Mana: 
Black magic?

Posted: Wed Feb 28th, 2018 05:09 am
  PM Quote Reply
3rd Post
chase

Mana: 
Adam has a point, now that I’m gone it will most likely be off the walls. Good luck everyone!!!

Posted: Wed Feb 28th, 2018 02:55 pm
  PM Quote Reply
4th Post
Angler Management

Mana: 
Well he was in New Orleans, so some form of Black Magic or special Voodoo Doll of Iron Man to summon the Yellowtail!!!!

Posted: Mon Mar 5th, 2018 10:02 pm
  PM Quote Reply
5th Post
fishRunner

Mana: 
How many boats are registered for this weekend. 

Posted: Tue Mar 6th, 2018 07:40 pm
  PM Quote Reply
6th Post
Costa Lotta

Mana: 
2018 Yellow Tail Tournament; The Catch A Lotta Team is in with sharp hooks and secret jigs see ya on the water AKA Costa Lotta    

Posted: Wed Mar 7th, 2018 02:47 am
  PM Quote Reply
7th Post
IronMan

Mana: 
Mike,
You need to kick butt and take names! I am actually in SC today and tomorrow, but gotta head back to the gristmill Thursday :-(

IronMan

Posted: Wed Mar 7th, 2018 10:55 pm
  PM Quote Reply
8th Post
Hook

Mana: 
Wouldn't a link to the pertinent information about the tournament, be timely at this point in the discussion? Aren't we about 36 hours from the start? Or am I mistaken?

Somebody set me straight. All I hear is hearsay in the bars.

Of course, not from CATCHA Lotta. No, he has sworn his crew to secrecy in the bars....... and complete radio silence on the water, as they pre-fish here and there.

And their secrets WOULD be safe; but for my stealthy use of a pair of Fujinon image-stabilizing binocs, feeding my smart phone, video recorder that records lat/long numbers. I even have the high-tech, lure-recognition software installed!

You can run, change your boat's name to CATCHA Lotta, but you can't hide, boys!

Posted: Thu Mar 8th, 2018 02:02 am
  PM Quote Reply
9th Post
repsilon

Mana: 
There is a Facebook page. Type in San Carlos Yellowtail Tournament. Decent trolling bite on the North end today. Pando sounded slow at least until midday. The fish I saw weren't that big. There are some 20#+ fish around the Seamounts. Maybe they were just off after the full moon. With your entry you get dinner, a shirt, and entry to the overall big fish jackpot. Only $20 additional entry for the daily big fish. I think the two of those was over $1000 last year. No one's forcing you to fish all day, both days, or as a team, so some of you 'lone wolfs' are welcome to enter.

Posted: Sun Mar 11th, 2018 01:39 am
  PM Quote Reply
10th Post
chase

Mana: 
Not sure who got what today but I heard it was horrible. A few boats got one. And one boat got 7-8. Everyone else was skunked

Posted: Sun Mar 11th, 2018 03:12 pm
  PM Quote Reply
11th Post
Hook

Mana: 
Doesn't ANYONE here use Facebook? Maybe Brian posted results from yesterday over there.

Brian did sound rather disappointed with the results during the 8am lines OUT call. But he was still sounding positive about today.

Wind is supposed to be up more, today. But not as bad as originally predicted. 15 knots max, or so they say. We are already getting gusts to 8-10 out of the north in the Ranchitos.

Last edited on Sun Mar 11th, 2018 03:35 pm by Hook

Posted: Sun Mar 11th, 2018 03:17 pm
  PM Quote Reply
12th Post
bartmanaz
Administrator

Mana: 
My wife has Facebook and I just checked that page-results posted are zero-there are no posts except the flyer. So Brian did not post it here or there.

Posted: Sun Mar 11th, 2018 03:37 pm
  PM Quote Reply
13th Post
repsilon

Mana: 
That was probably Jon on the radio. I was out on a cruise, but I think it was Fins up (????) who caught six in the morning with one going 26#. They weren't in the jackpot though. Zancudo had a 22#. Warpath 14#. Shasta 4.6#. Not sure of the total boat count. 

The water is turning over in places. There is also an insane amount of bait in places. I can't believe that it's mostly crab in close. I bet it is very small baitfish. I guess the 'big fish' marks that I tried at the Seamounts and later San Antonio were just barracuda - based on one last pass catch. I heard one report that a huge school of yellowtail was off San Antonio last week. The same thing happened last year. Good numbers will show soon. Just pray for those out today that may be cursing God, rather than thanking him for the joyful pain of jigging all day, the fresh breeze warmer than its origin up north, and the hope that a fish will bite.

Posted: Sun Mar 11th, 2018 04:54 pm
  PM Quote Reply
14th Post
Hook

Mana: 
Yeah, it was 85F at 0930 this AM.

Posted: Sun Mar 11th, 2018 05:38 pm
  PM Quote Reply
15th Post
repsilon

Mana: 
The sun is strong. Showed 72 in the afternoon in the middle on Terrafin. Looks like a few rounds coming in off the Pacific though. The fronts are back.

Posted: Mon Mar 12th, 2018 06:19 am
  PM Quote Reply
16th Post
repsilon

Mana: 
Fins Up took 1st overall with about 151#. They may have had two today. They had the big fish today also, but Telamon won at 18# the jackpot. Theirs was 20#. 7 fish caught today. I believe Zancudo was second with two fish. Definitely by far the lowest catches ever.

A friend said he talked to some guys from White Rock area that boasted that they netted 200 tons last year - like 30,000 fish. Sounds unbelievable. I'm still sure those sardine boats net millions of babies.

Posted: Mon Mar 12th, 2018 06:50 pm
  PM Quote Reply
17th Post
Hook

Mana: 
repsilon wrote: Fins Up took 1st overall with about 151#. They may have had two today. They had the big fish today also, but Telamon won at 18# the jackpot. Theirs was 20#. 7 fish caught today. I believe Zancudo was second with two fish. Definitely by far the lowest catches ever.

A friend said he talked to some guys from White Rock area that boasted that they netted 200 tons last year - like 30,000 fish. Sounds unbelievable. I'm still sure those sardine boats net millions of babies.

Yet, I assume that netting that many fish is legal. Nothing to stop them from doing it. Heck, even if it was ILLEGAL, there's nothing to stop them from doing it.

There is a good chance those net boats up by White Rock could be based out of El Colorado or Japonese. Those are the two closest significant panga operations. I had hoped that all the pesos that gringos spend up there for conservation would somehow prevent this kind of thing from happening.

But if it is legal, there's nothing they could do, anyway.

Posted: Mon Mar 12th, 2018 07:04 pm
  PM Quote Reply
18th Post
Jimmy

Mana: 
We can tell our great grandchildren that we saw the beginning of the end of fish in the Sea of Cortez.

Posted: Mon Mar 12th, 2018 08:13 pm
  PM Quote Reply
19th Post
repsilon

Mana: 
Buying a fishing license on this side is an absolute waste of money, if it doesn't even contribute to less enforcement.

Posted: Mon Mar 12th, 2018 08:32 pm
  PM Quote Reply
20th Post
Hook

Mana: 
Yeah, areas of Baja are much more in-tune with conservation. And there IS enforcement over there.

Current time is 08:36 pm Page:    1  2  Next Page Last Page    
San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico Forums > Topical Forums > San Carlos Fishing Forum > 2018 Yellowtail Tournament Top

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2014 Data 1 Systems