San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico Forums Home 

San Carlos Mexico Forum
Welcome to our forum. In order to post in our forums you must be registered. Please take a minute to register to enjoy the full benefits of the forum. Registration is FREE and your information is kept private. When registering, please make sure your email address is entered correctly-if incorrect, you will not receive your validation message. Please do not use your email address as your user name for your own privacy and security. Gmail account users should check spam or trash folders for our validation message after initial registration. We also suggest you add host@sancarlosmexico.com to your white list.

This message board requires you to register in order to post new topics, reply to topics started by other users, start polls, or vote on polls. As a registered user, you can edit your own posts, upload photos and view our photo gallery, and send private messages to other members of the board. Registered users can keep track of the topics they are interested in, and receive e-mail notifications when someone posts to one of those topics. Registered users can choose a theme and setup a profile, to include hometown, email & web address and avatar if desired.
We do ask that you post in the appropriate forum-look over the subjects and topics of all forums including the mercado section before making your first post. Posts in the wrong forum or not related to San Carlos may be moved or deleted without notice.
Please take a moment and register to enjoy all the benefits of the forum.
Bienvenidos!

Moderated by: bartmanaz Page:  First Page Previous Page  1  2   
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
6-17-17 Fishing Report  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Wed Jun 21st, 2017 05:11 am
  PM Quote Reply
21st Post
repsilon

Mana: 
Cantina Cup '06. That was a good report!

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Posted: Wed Jun 21st, 2017 05:17 am
  PM Quote Reply
22nd Post
chase

Mana: 
It's a opinion. 

Posted: Wed Jun 21st, 2017 04:30 pm
  PM Quote Reply
23rd Post
sundevil

Mana: 
and here I thought the results from the Rescate tournament were pretty impressive. 175 bill fish released by 25 boats over two days. that is almost 4 per boat per day. also, the results from the LIFT were not as impressive but a lucky lady did land a 300 lb blue.

Posted: Wed Jun 21st, 2017 05:28 pm
  PM Quote Reply
24th Post
repsilon

Mana: 
The fish came in that week. The top 4-5 boats averaged 20+ releases. There were a ton of small dorado around. There were bigger ones that Thursday, then it seemed like they got their fill off more bait and life than I've ever seen offshore. It's been a type of fish vacuum like that for a few years. Things started late. Even larger dorado showing in the Easy Cape reports. They said their water was 5-6 degrees cooler. One report showed their first marlin catch of the year.

Posted: Fri Jun 23rd, 2017 02:48 pm
  PM Quote Reply
25th Post
diver45

Mana: 
This is a interesting topic. I have been spearfishing here for at least 35 years, my family have been here for many years. Maybe I can give my perspective on sea life under the water. We used to spear grouper and sardineros off punta doble and window rock in the 80's into early 90's. Those days are long gone. Once in awhile we see grouper at a spot near deer island and isla san pedro. Even  san pedro can be spotty sometimes. We have a couple dive spots that are kind of a secret, but guess who knows our secret?  That's right.....The pangas. The overfishing here is definite. I agree that Dorado and billfish is somewhat cyclical. Lets face it, the pangas have made a impact. Never the less, I love diving and spearfishing here.

Posted: Fri Jun 23rd, 2017 09:00 pm
  PM Quote Reply
26th Post
Crawdad

Mana: 
Heading down Monday to fish for a week!  Anyone been doing or seeing anything in the last week or so?
Thanks!

Posted: Sat Jun 24th, 2017 03:20 am
  PM Quote Reply
27th Post
repsilon

Mana: 
Today was the first fishable day of the week. I think the Horseshoe was a nada. Maybe we'll try 200 tomorrow.

Posted: Sun Jun 25th, 2017 09:26 pm
  PM Quote Reply
28th Post
Bullshipper

Mana: 
1 small dorado in close for us, marli 23 and tuna 50 out for others

Posted: Sun Jun 25th, 2017 11:45 pm
  PM Quote Reply
29th Post
chase

Mana: 
Friends caught 3 nice dorado in close today, 3 diffrent large schools out there

Posted: Sat Jul 1st, 2017 03:48 am
  PM Quote Reply
30th Post
ChipGas

Mana: 
Jimmy and Chase, I have been fishing here since 1971 and the dorado fishing used to be better than what it has been the last few years. Because of that I believe we need to shut the fishing down in San Carlos permanently! Not! I don't remember the yellowtail fishing ever being much better than it is in the fall now. Yes I will agree the fish that take a longer time to mature and can easily be wiped out when they are aggregated to spawn have such as grouper have been hit hard. But even for grouper you can still go fishing out if cholla bay and make good catches of grouper and the occasional black sea bass and it gets fished hard to, but the bottom topography is better further north in the sea for bottom fishing. When you're talking about dorado, they are one of the fastest growing fish in the sea and probably the fastest growing sport fish. they also reproduce rapidly and take high fishing pressure about as well as any sport caught fish. Have you ever fished in Southern California? Nobody could ever argue that fishing pressure is light there, but they have experienced some of the best pelagic fishing there over the last couple of summers, even for larger model bluefin tuna. I would argue that the slim dorado pickings here in SC probably has more to do with the available forage species, but that is just a gut feeling, I don't have any empirical data to base that on. Repsilion is exactly correct though, these things are cyclical in nature. The end is not here yet do not despair.

Posted: Sat Jul 1st, 2017 08:59 pm
  PM Quote Reply
31st Post
Jimmy

Mana: 
Cyclical My A$$

I will let Knowledgeable Scientist make my case. Not some idiots making assumptions.
http://news.stanford.edu/news/2006/november8/ocean-110806.html

Last edited on Sat Jul 1st, 2017 09:08 pm by Jimmy

Posted: Sun Jul 2nd, 2017 12:33 am
  PM Quote Reply
32nd Post
Jimmy

Mana: 
Oh, BTW, To All of you prognosticators who don't give a Sh!@ and because you are Here NOW and you justify yourselves by the fantasy that the lack of fish is Cyclical, and in your mind you figure that there are copious fish in the ocean and their just somewhere else right now. And to Hell with your Prodigy .(Ie,Those who will come in The Future,,,)and that we can take all of them fish we can get now,,, or if your a poor Mexican---("I gotta to feed my Family").

Half way down in the Article is the Real Catch (Unless things Change) HA...That"s where you all come in...

Is anyone capable of stopping the Rape of the Sea of Cortez......NO....Remember Solient Green. That's our Great Grand Kids Future. Better get all you can get NOW.

Last edited on Sun Jul 2nd, 2017 11:02 am by Jimmy

Posted: Sun Jul 2nd, 2017 02:10 am
  PM Quote Reply
33rd Post
chase

Mana: 
We all have our opinions, I have only been fishing here for 5 years. Not nearly as long as you have. But I can honestly say Fishimg SUCKS. And I don't think it has to do with cycles. There is more demand for mahi mahi tuna Marlin ect. Than there has ever been. More enforcement. And strict enforcement.

Posted: Tue Jul 4th, 2017 09:43 pm
  PM Quote Reply
34th Post
chase

Mana: 
Went out today only about 2-4 miles. Found nothing around San Ant. Came back around on the Sea Mounts and saw a decent number of sails. No takers. Also found a larger peace of sea weed that was loaded with bait. No one was home or we just got to close.

Posted: Fri Jul 7th, 2017 08:35 pm
  PM Quote Reply
35th Post
chase

Mana: 
Went out today, just in close 1-2 miles. Came out of the harbor and headed to window rock. Dorado where everywhere, any piece of sea weed has bait on it. But they were full, they would chase our lures for a good 30 seconds before leaving. I would try a little chumming. Could pick up a few doing that. If anyone wants the exact location message me

Current time is 09:41 pm Page:  First Page Previous Page  1  2     
San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico Forums > Topical Forums > San Carlos Fishing Forum > 6-17-17 Fishing Report Top

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2014 Data 1 Systems