San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico Forums Home 

San Carlos Mexico Forum
Welcome to our forum. In order to post in our forums you must be registered. Please take a minute to register to enjoy the full benefits of the forum. Registration is FREE and your information is kept private. When registering, please make sure your email address is entered correctly-if incorrect, you will not receive your validation message. Please do not use your email address as your user name for your own privacy and security. Gmail account users should check spam or trash folders for our validation message after initial registration. We also suggest you add host@sancarlosmexico.com to your white list.

This message board requires you to register in order to post new topics, reply to topics started by other users, start polls, or vote on polls. As a registered user, you can edit your own posts, upload photos and view our photo gallery, and send private messages to other members of the board. Registered users can keep track of the topics they are interested in, and receive e-mail notifications when someone posts to one of those topics. Registered users can choose a theme and setup a profile, to include hometown, email & web address and avatar if desired.
We do ask that you post in the appropriate forum-look over the subjects and topics of all forums including the mercado section before making your first post. Posts in the wrong forum or not related to San Carlos may be moved or deleted without notice.
Please take a moment and register to enjoy all the benefits of the forum.
Bienvenidos!

Moderated by: bartmanaz Page:  First Page Previous Page  1  2  3  4   
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
Is this more than the limit?  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Thu Jun 22nd, 2017 12:04 am
  PM Quote Reply
61st Post
repsilon

Mana: 
No showing of Mobula Rays this year. The videos of the tens of thousands up north was cool from a couple years ago. I definitely sensed some learned behavior from the inshore marlin there the last few Fall/winters. Not sure of the conscious decisions of fish, but I was intrigued to hear about how there are dolphin that work to prevent inbreeding in groups. Maybe we will never understand women or fish.

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Posted: Thu Jun 22nd, 2017 10:07 pm
  PM Quote Reply
62nd Post
Bullshipper

Mana: 
Do you know how smart a chicken is Brian? He is a genius compared to a fish.

Posted: Thu Jun 22nd, 2017 10:51 pm
  PM Quote Reply
63rd Post
repsilon

Mana: 
Those chickens don't get the credit they deserve!
The fish are going to follow the bait, and it's one BIG ocean!

Posted: Wed Jun 28th, 2017 07:33 am
  PM Quote Reply
64th Post
Vince Radice

Mana: 
repsilon wrote: I just thought that the point had been made. Jeremy certainly has learned his lesson 

Really what lesson might that be? Don't post pictures of rape and pillage on Facebook, oh yea he certainly learned his lesson there. LOL
Don't see any formal apology's from him anywhere on this forum or anywhere else, did I miss something? Or are you his formally appointed apologist? 

Posted: Wed Jun 28th, 2017 02:17 pm
  PM Quote Reply
65th Post
nightwing28

Mana: 
I must agree and empathize with all said here. This happens all too often by fisherman from both sides of the border. Hard to condemn commercial fishing when some sports fishers do this. Good examples need to be set.  Kind of reminds me of the story from the swordfish and tuna commercials in the Atlantic when someone spoke out against such abuse. The reply was "Nobody saved any buffalo for me, let's fish".

Posted: Wed Jun 28th, 2017 05:55 pm
  PM Quote Reply
66th Post
Vince Radice

Mana: 
nightwing28 wrote:  Kind of reminds me of the story from the swordfish and tuna commercials in the Atlantic when someone spoke out against such abuse. The reply was "Nobody saved any buffalo for me, let's fish".

Boy Ain't that the truth on baffalo, good analogy!! Billfish are next on the list for the sport fishing industry. Let's see how much noise the sport fishing industry makes as those numbers start to dwindle. The silence from San Carlos will be deafening. 
It will be a perpetual el nino that is to blame!

Posted: Thu Jun 29th, 2017 03:59 pm
  PM Quote Reply
67th Post
Catch-22

Mana: 
Buffalo Populations are doing well in North America, I know they have Huntable Populations in these States, Maybe more.  
Arizona , New Mexico, Colorado , Utah , Texas, North & South Dakota, Alaska, Nebraska , Idaho, Wyoming, Kansas, Iowa, Oklahoma

Posted: Thu Jun 29th, 2017 05:16 pm
  PM Quote Reply
68th Post
nightwing28

Mana: 
Yes, I had a resident, but very "domestic" herd across from my house in Wyoming (but long ago, ha ha). We need to be thankful for the species the have been preserved by careful conservation. But the point was about the attitude. The future of our exploitable  wild stocks depends upon realistic concerned human stewardship, not hopeful passivity. But reality is "dinero habla".

Posted: Thu Jun 29th, 2017 07:41 pm
  PM Quote Reply
69th Post
repsilon

Mana: 
I can only imagine the number of juvenile fish that are caught by these sardine boats daily and turned into catfood and fertilizer. Though their fish may be smaller, they propably take 99-99.9% of the number the entire sportfishing fleet in the Sea of Cortez takes.

Posted: Thu Jun 29th, 2017 11:29 pm
  PM Quote Reply
70th Post
Bullshipper

Mana: 
Only 99.99% Brian?

Posted: Fri Jun 30th, 2017 12:23 am
  PM Quote Reply
71st Post
repsilon

Mana: 
Well, currently 99.99. I see a lot of boats headed up. They probably don't even bother filleting the 1-2# dorado. I know that friends get burlap sacks full of sierra. I think they let 70-90% of their catch just rot to make oil and fertilizer.

Posted: Sat Jul 1st, 2017 02:39 pm
  PM Quote Reply
72nd Post
Hook

Mana: 
Very poor dorado numbers from the Chivato tournament last weekend. I dont have exact numbers but most boats caught nothing. Top three fish were supposedly 22.2 lb, 11 lb, and two fish tied for third at 9 lb. About 20 boats entered.

Let the spin begin.

Posted: Sat Jul 1st, 2017 09:28 pm
  PM Quote Reply
73rd Post
Bullshipper

Mana: 
The Sardine Fleet has operated in Guaymas for over 50 years so nothing has changed in the small area with the way they work and their season is over in the early summer when the fish roll in. 
I believe its large foriegn and local boats along with more sporties specifically targeting dorado during their migration and spawning seasons with long lines starting in Ecuador all the way north to Puerto Penasco and Ensenada. Its what you see in the markets.

Posted: Sun Jul 2nd, 2017 09:19 pm
  PM Quote Reply
74th Post
Maniaco

Mana: 
Ok gays l don't now watt your smoking butt it's really not the right stuff.frist you net too said the trud the are invited thing frist the shrinp boats are the ones do most the damage bicuse they drag in the bottom of the ocean so they collect everiting end by the time you collect the shrinp all the little specie's are ded end they go too waste second the sardine boats don't Target Dorado not because they want too respect siple the are end to deep of water but they do Target yellowtail white sea bass Sierra tird sorry brotherthe pelagic sargso they collect to make different tipes of creams end make up end ader shiet end four the people in that boat was having a good time gat carless so it's better actually too get 50 smoll ones then one big female to

Posted: Mon Jul 3rd, 2017 04:42 am
  PM Quote Reply
75th Post
IronMan

Mana: 
As always, Juan comes through as "The Voice of Reason and Knowledge"! Bravisimo Juan!

Posted: Mon Jul 3rd, 2017 05:52 am
  PM Quote Reply
76th Post
repsilon

Mana: 
Maybe the sardine boats I see are on pleasure cruises.

Posted: Mon Jul 3rd, 2017 06:33 am
  PM Quote Reply
77th Post
Hook

Mana: 
Just a few years ago, there were some high profile busts of shrimpers and/or sardine boats that were caught with huge hauls of dorado off the East Cape and the Gordo Banks. Literally thousands of dorado and marlin in their hold. They were boats from Mainland Mexico, not foreigners. They would deploy pangas that would set multiple longlines, leave for a few days and then come back and haul in the catch.

Supposedly, this type of operation was finally going to be reprimanded heavily because they were forced to appear in court in La Paz instead of the more lenient (easily bribed) courts on the mainland. Boats were supposed to be confiscated. Surprise! The Baja courts caved, too. They walked with an undisclosed fine and left with their boats.

Posted: Tue Jul 4th, 2017 02:29 am
  PM Quote Reply
78th Post
Jimmy

Mana: 
IronMan wrote: As always, Juan comes through as "The Voice of Reason and Knowledge"! Bravisimo Juan!
HaHaHaHa, What I read into his post is....It is OK to take as much as you can from the Ocean. 

Pura Cano.

Current time is 05:40 am Page:  First Page Previous Page  1  2  3  4     
San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico Forums > Topical Forums > San Carlos Fishing Forum > Is this more than the limit? Top

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2014 Data 1 Systems