San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico Forums Home 

San Carlos Mexico Forum
Welcome to our forum. In order to post in our forums you must be registered. Please take a minute to register to enjoy the full benefits of the forum. Registration is FREE and your information is kept private. When registering, please make sure your email address is entered correctly-if incorrect, you will not receive your validation message. Please do not use your email address as your user name for your own privacy and security. Gmail account users should check spam or trash folders for our validation message after initial registration. We also suggest you add host@sancarlosmexico.com to your white list.

This message board requires you to register in order to post new topics, reply to topics started by other users, start polls, or vote on polls. As a registered user, you can edit your own posts, upload photos and view our photo gallery, and send private messages to other members of the board. Registered users can keep track of the topics they are interested in, and receive e-mail notifications when someone posts to one of those topics. Registered users can choose a theme and setup a profile, to include hometown, email & web address and avatar if desired.
We do ask that you post in the appropriate forum-look over the subjects and topics of all forums including the mercado section before making your first post. Posts in the wrong forum or not related to San Carlos may be moved or deleted without notice.
Please take a moment and register to enjoy all the benefits of the forum.
Bienvenidos!

Moderated by: bartmanaz
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
Water pump repair shop in Guaymas?  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Mon Nov 3rd, 2014 04:44 pm
  PM Quote Reply
1st Post
Hook

Mana: 
Our pressure pump for our house water system needs rebuilding. Is anyone aware of a shop that does this?

Not looking for a plumber or a plumbing supply place that will simply take it to the shop. I'd like to take it there myself and cultivate some kind of relationship with them.

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Posted: Thu Nov 6th, 2014 07:43 pm
  PM Quote Reply
2nd Post
Hook

Mana: 
No one aware of a pump rebuild shop?

Maybe I ought to check the cruisers net in the AM. Somebody will know.

Posted: Sat Nov 8th, 2014 07:29 pm
  PM Quote Reply
3rd Post
RichD

Mana: 
There is a place on Lopez that rewinds starters etc.  Might be worth a try if you cannot find another place.  They are mainly automotive electrical.  Give me a call if you want directions.

Another place to try is the tool store on the highway before the Miramar turnoff.  Big Makita logo painted on the building.  They rewind electical tools and put brushes in. 

Last edited on Sat Nov 8th, 2014 07:31 pm by RichD

Posted: Sat Nov 8th, 2014 07:51 pm
  PM Quote Reply
4th Post
Hook

Mana: 
Thanks, Rich.

How is your water situation at the house?

Posted: Sat Nov 8th, 2014 07:56 pm
  PM Quote Reply
5th Post
RichD

Mana: 
More water than I have had in years.  But just in case, donĀ“t get rid of 'our' tinaco. 

Posted: Sat Nov 8th, 2014 08:07 pm
  PM Quote Reply
6th Post
Hook

Mana: 
What tinaco?

I am now starting our second week of waiting for the repair of my pressure pump by the plumber everyone raves about in town. It came back yesterday from the repair shop, NOT WORKING.

I have a bypass valve around the pressure system to use the "city" pressure. But it's not enough to run the shower or do a good job of watering with the irrigation system.

Ah, Mexico.............

Posted: Mon Nov 10th, 2014 12:22 am
  PM Quote Reply
7th Post
RichD

Mana: 
RE: What tinaco?
Good one.

I think it is time you listen to your wife and quit screwing around and get a 'guy' to fix it. Get a new pump and keep the old one as a backup when you get it fixed. That way you can have plenty of time to bond with a pump repairman.

Posted: Mon Nov 10th, 2014 01:58 am
  PM Quote Reply
8th Post
Hook

Mana: 
I am going to shop for a new replacement tomorrow. I'll probably find that the supposedly crappy orange Evans pumps are cheaper than my repair.

Ah, Mexico.........

Posted: Mon Nov 10th, 2014 03:39 pm
  PM Quote Reply
9th Post
squiggy

Mana: 
go get the Orange one= +/- 700.00 pesos and you will have a constant source of parts should it ever give out !! A happy Wife is a Happy Wife...

Posted: Mon Nov 10th, 2014 04:43 pm
  PM Quote Reply
10th Post
Hook

Mana: 
"A happy Wife is a Happy Wife..."

So I've heard. Has anyone actually ever SEEN one???? LOL!

I must get Diogenes on this......if he is done looking for an honest man.

Just kidding, DEAR!!!

Posted: Mon Nov 10th, 2014 06:25 pm
  PM Quote Reply
11th Post
Hook

Mana: 
squiggy wrote: go get the Orange one= +/- 700.00 pesos and you will have a constant source of parts should it ever give out !! A happy Wife is a Happy Wife...
Just got back from Ferreteria Industrial. A one horse Evans pump is 4300 pesos + tax. 

Posted: Mon Nov 10th, 2014 06:42 pm
  PM Quote Reply
12th Post
RichD

Mana: 
That seems like a lot. Try the place I think is called AquaTek. On the way to the old Soriana on the left side about where the IMSS offices are on the right.

Posted: Mon Nov 10th, 2014 07:31 pm
  PM Quote Reply
13th Post
Hook

Mana: 
F.I. has always been pretty reasonable on other items. They sure beat the pants off the other ferreteria in town and HD.

I will try the other place.

How long has it been since you bought one, Rich?

Posted: Mon Nov 10th, 2014 08:03 pm
  PM Quote Reply
14th Post
RichD

Mana: 
A long time.  I still have the original Italian pump (Petrollo) from Home Depot but it got rewound last year.  1 hp is a lot for a home system.  Should be able to get a 3/4 hp for a little over 2,000 pesos in a good brand like Rotoplas.  Maybe you are looking at the whole system with bladder tank, controller etc?

If you are cruising Guaymas, the tile store downtown (big Porcenalite sign but the business is called Construcciones de Guaymas) has a complete line of Rotoplas equipment. 

Good luck

Posted: Tue Nov 11th, 2014 03:37 pm
  PM Quote Reply
15th Post
Manuel0822

Mana: 
RichD wrote: Another place to try is the tool store on the highway before the Miramar turnoff.  Big Makita logo painted on the building.  They rewind electical tools and put brushes in.  
You may want to check on "Distribuidora 66" all the way down on "la calzada"???, on the left arm of the fork starting around armida's by the water fountain. Probably about a 1/2 mile from there, on the left side of the road.

We have been using them a lot here and found their prices to be way better than anyone else's in town.

One of the last items I bought from them was a makita chop saw and they sure were about $750-900 pesos cheaper than all the other places, including HD and the place referenced above.
HTH

Posted: Tue Nov 11th, 2014 05:31 pm
  PM Quote Reply
16th Post
Hook

Mana: 
Gracias, Manuel. I am going by today.

Current time is 05:05 pm  
San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico Forums > Mercado (The Marketplace) > Servicio (Services) > Water pump repair shop in Guaymas? Top

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2014 Data 1 Systems