San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico Forums Home 

San Carlos Mexico Forum
Welcome to our forum. In order to post in our forums you must be registered. Please take a minute to register to enjoy the full benefits of the forum. Registration is FREE and your information is kept private. When registering, please make sure your email address is entered correctly-if incorrect, you will not receive your validation message. Please do not use your email address as your user name for your own privacy and security. Gmail account users should check spam or trash folders for our validation message after initial registration. We also suggest you add host@sancarlosmexico.com to your white list.

This message board requires you to register in order to post new topics, reply to topics started by other users, start polls, or vote on polls. As a registered user, you can edit your own posts, upload photos and view our photo gallery, and send private messages to other members of the board. Registered users can keep track of the topics they are interested in, and receive e-mail notifications when someone posts to one of those topics. Registered users can choose a theme and setup a profile, to include hometown, email & web address and avatar if desired.
We do ask that you post in the appropriate forum-look over the subjects and topics of all forums including the mercado section before making your first post. Posts in the wrong forum or not related to San Carlos may be moved or deleted without notice.
Please take a moment and register to enjoy all the benefits of the forum.
Bienvenidos!

Moderated by: bartmanaz
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
Furuno 1712 radar for sale  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Thu Dec 8th, 2016 04:20 pm
  PM Quote Reply
1st Post
Hook

Mana: 
This is a monochrome LCD radar with a 24 nm range. 2.2 kW. It originally sold at a MSRP of 1895.00, but you could usually find one new for around 1200.00 from a dealer. Nowadays, you cant find ANY radar for less than 1400.00, new. The 1712 replacement by Furuno, the 1715, sells at Defender for 1700.00+.

This radar has been off my boat for about four years. VG to XLNT condition. The radome isn't shiny bright like new, anymore. I tested it yesterday and it is still working. No issues whatsoever. No unusual noise from the radome. Hey, it's a Furuno. They never seem to fail. I have owned Furuno electronics (CRT fishfinders, LCD fish finders, stand-alone GPS units) since the 80s and I have NEVER had one fail. Made in Japan, not like the cheap Chinese stuff being produced for Raymarine these days. 

This radar comes with the 18" radome with mounting bolts, the 10 meter cable that interfaces with the LCD display, the 7" monochrome display, the mounting bracket for the display, the power cable and an NMEA interfacing cable. Original manual included.
The display is waterproof, so it could be installed in a wet location.

Here are the details from the Furuno site.

http://www.furunousa.com/Products/ProductDetail.aspx?product=1712

8000 pesos or 400.00 US.
226-1207.

Coming soon. Furuno 1650F GPS/Chartplotter/Fishfinder with an external GPS antenna, GPS mast, stainless steel mounting bracket for antenna, transom-mount 600w triducer (speed, temp, depth). Still a great color fishfinder and GPS, though the chart is out of date in SOME areas of Mexico. Works flawlessly. Available in January.

http://www.furunousa.com/Products/ProductDetail.aspx?product=GP1650F

I'll also be posting all this on the What's Up classified board, so it could go quick. But I wanted to give the fishing board brethren the first crack at it.

Last edited on Thu Dec 8th, 2016 04:21 pm by Hook

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Posted: Wed Jan 11th, 2017 10:11 pm
  PM Quote Reply
2nd Post
Hook

Mana: 
Price reduced on the radar. 350.00US or 7300 pesos.

Posted: Fri Mar 24th, 2017 08:35 pm
  PM Quote Reply
3rd Post
Hook

Mana: 
I now have only the radome. 18 inch, 2.2kw. Someone wanted just the head/display and paid full price.

So, if anyone you know has a faulty radome in this class radar, let me know.
EDIT: In checking on the Furuno tech support forum, this radome will work with only the 1712.

Last edited on Sat Mar 25th, 2017 06:57 am by Hook

Current time is 07:31 pm  
San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico Forums > Mercado (The Marketplace) > Equipesca (Fishing Gear) > Furuno 1712 radar for sale Top

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2014 Data 1 Systems