San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico Forums Home 

San Carlos Mexico Forum
Welcome to our forum. In order to post in our forums you must be registered. Please take a minute to register to enjoy the full benefits of the forum. Registration is FREE and your information is kept private. When registering, please make sure your email address is entered correctly-if incorrect, you will not receive your validation message. Please do not use your email address as your user name for your own privacy and security. Gmail account users should check spam or trash folders for our validation message after initial registration. We also suggest you add host@sancarlosmexico.com to your white list.

This message board requires you to register in order to post new topics, reply to topics started by other users, start polls, or vote on polls. As a registered user, you can edit your own posts, upload photos and view our photo gallery, and send private messages to other members of the board. Registered users can keep track of the topics they are interested in, and receive e-mail notifications when someone posts to one of those topics. Registered users can choose a theme and setup a profile, to include hometown, email & web address and avatar if desired.
We do ask that you post in the appropriate forum-look over the subjects and topics of all forums including the mercado section before making your first post. Posts in the wrong forum or not related to San Carlos may be moved or deleted without notice.
Please take a moment and register to enjoy all the benefits of the forum.
Bienvenidos!

Moderated by: bartmanaz Page:  First Page Previous Page  1  2  3  Next Page Last Page  
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
FMM  Rating:  Rating
AuthorPost
 Posted: Sun Mar 6th, 2011 04:03 pm
  PM Quote Reply
21st Post
bartmanaz
Administrator

Mana: 
Just south of Bisbee, AZ. 

Bart

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Posted: Mon Mar 7th, 2011 12:16 am
  PM Quote Reply
22nd Post
taoswheat

Mana: 
I am sorry Bart- I did not ask the right question.  I have been through Naco a number of times, but  do not know where the Mexican office for leaving FMMs is located.  We usually wind up on a street that parallels the border fence and then turns right to cross the border if I remember correctly.  No obvious Mexican immigration office.

Posted: Mon Mar 7th, 2011 01:32 am
  PM Quote Reply
23rd Post
bartmanaz
Administrator

Mana: 
The office is immediately on the right just before you cross going back into the US, right under the awning over the border crossing.  You'll need to stop short and walk to it.

Bart

Posted: Mon Mar 7th, 2011 05:31 am
  PM Quote Reply
24th Post
Timothy B.

Mana: 
Good evening,

Sounds like Taoswheat is describing the AP-Douglas crossing even though he says Naco.

If you are actually crossing at Naco, Barts info is right. If you are crossing at AP then that is different.

Timothy B.

Posted: Mon Mar 7th, 2011 12:58 pm
  PM Quote Reply
25th Post
taoswheat

Mana: 
Thanks Bart and Timothy,
I had a senior moment because we did use AP once.  Naco was my real interest and Bart answered my question.

Posted: Mon Mar 7th, 2011 01:21 pm
  PM Quote Reply
26th Post
MARIGOT

Mana: 
On the border, crossing into Douglas, AZ, in the USA.

Posted: Mon Mar 7th, 2011 03:52 pm
  PM Quote Reply
27th Post
bartmanaz
Administrator

Mana: 
Marigot

The crossing at Douglas is from Agua Prieta, not Naco.  The Naco crossing is between A-P and Cananea and is opposite Naco, AZ, just south of Bisbee.

For details on these crossings, see http://www.riosonora.com

Bart

Posted: Sun Mar 13th, 2011 03:32 am
  PM Quote Reply
28th Post
justgeorge

Mana: 
we drove in 5 months ago and will return before the 180 days are up, but will be busing out of the country on the overnight Tufesa.  do you know if it stops at km21? If that is "sometimes:, is there a place in Guaymas to turn it in?

Posted: Sun Mar 13th, 2011 01:29 pm
  PM Quote Reply
29th Post
MARIGOT

Mana: 
Bart-
Sorry I 'mis-wrote' in my post. 
I have crossed at Naco, so I know where it is. But because I drove straight to Douglas after crossing, and the distance was so short, my memory put Douglas right across the border from Naco.

Had I the option of deleting my post, believe me, I would have deleted it rather than appear the idiot.

Posted: Mon Oct 24th, 2011 06:08 pm
  PM Quote Reply
30th Post
Shipwreck

Mana: 
Last visited SC three weeks ago entered thru K21.

I filled out the FMM for 4 days and it was issued for 7 free of charge, the officer said, so long as I didnt stay longer it was ok.

She insisted I return to K21 to hand in my FMM when leaving or I could be refuse entry and a heavy fine next time. She stamped my passport and when I left I returned the FMM and my passport was stamped exit.

When you return at K21 you have to cross the road and go to the office that stamped you out, then cross the road again to head north.

no problemo less than 2 minutes.

Posted: Thu Dec 29th, 2011 05:47 pm
  PM Quote Reply
31st Post
maryt

Mana: 
We entered 3 days ago after Christmas in Phoenix. Did not turn in our FMM when we left Mexico. Stopped at K21 and got new ones because our old ones would have expired before we are ready to leave again. No problem getting new ones even though we had not turned in the old. Only problem for me was that this time they were processing the FMM's and taking the money in the immigration office and when he directed me to the line further ahead I misunderstood and went to the bank. That was a long line of people waiting to get vehicle permits. After a while, I discovered my error, returned to the proper line and got the paperwork stamped and paid my money. I believe they were doing it this way to make it go faster for people who only needed visas and not vehicle permits.

Posted: Thu Sep 5th, 2013 04:01 pm
  PM Quote Reply
32nd Post
Blaker

Mana: 
Bart
After 180 days if you choose to stay can you renew for another 180 days ???

Posted: Thu Sep 5th, 2013 07:25 pm
  PM Quote Reply
33rd Post
bartmanaz
Administrator

Mana: 
No-you have to return to the border, turn in the expiring one and get a new one.

Posted: Thu Sep 5th, 2013 10:10 pm
  PM Quote Reply
34th Post
Blaker

Mana: 
I understand ... however 180 turn i .......180 turnin
what is the limit to live there
tks Bart

Posted: Fri Sep 6th, 2013 01:15 am
  PM Quote Reply
35th Post
bartmanaz
Administrator

Mana: 
I'm sorry but do not understand ur question

Posted: Thu Sep 12th, 2013 07:42 pm
  PM Quote Reply
36th Post
Blaker

Mana: 
Bart

after getting FMM for 180 days and wanting to stay another 180 or a total 1yr is this possible Im looking to lease condo for a year and try living San Carlos to see like it
thanks
Blake

Posted: Fri Sep 13th, 2013 12:47 pm
  PM Quote Reply
37th Post
bartmanaz
Administrator

Mana: 
Yes you can get another 180 day FMM but you have to return to the border to turn the old in and get a new one.

Posted: Fri Sep 13th, 2013 08:09 pm
  PM Quote Reply
38th Post
Blaker

Mana: 
Tks Bart !!

Posted: Thu Feb 27th, 2014 03:08 pm
  PM Quote Reply
39th Post
CJ

Mana: 
Question: If you return to the US during the 180 day validity period once per month for 3-4 days and return to San Carlos, do you turn in your FMM and then retrieve it where??? Or are you required to purchase a new FMM every time you come and go? We are property owners new to San Carlos and business requires us to return to the US for a few days each month.  We are attempting to seek out proper sources for the most up tp date information for our FMM and what cannot be brought into Mexico. Thanks.

Posted: Thu Feb 27th, 2014 03:20 pm
  PM Quote Reply
40th Post
Ian948

Mana: 
When we were in same situation we used one FMM for 180 days and just went up and back without handing in or getting new.
Worked fine
:)

Current time is 01:58 pm Page:  First Page Previous Page  1  2  3  Next Page Last Page    
San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico Forums > Topical Forums > San Carlos Forum > FMM Top

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2014 Data 1 Systems