San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico Forums Home 
San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico Forums > Topical Forums > San Carlos Forum > Where is the best place to buy shrimp?

San Carlos Mexico Forum
Welcome to our forum. In order to post in our forums you must be registered. Please take a minute to register to enjoy the full benefits of the forum. Registration is FREE and your information is kept private. When registering, please make sure your email address is entered correctly-if incorrect, you will not receive your validation message. Please do not use your email address as your user name for your own privacy and security. Gmail account users should check spam or trash folders for our validation message after initial registration. We also suggest you add host@sancarlosmexico.com to your white list.

This message board requires you to register in order to post new topics, reply to topics started by other users, start polls, or vote on polls. As a registered user, you can edit your own posts, upload photos and view our photo gallery, and send private messages to other members of the board. Registered users can keep track of the topics they are interested in, and receive e-mail notifications when someone posts to one of those topics. Registered users can choose a theme and setup a profile, to include hometown, email & web address and avatar if desired.
We do ask that you post in the appropriate forum-look over the subjects and topics of all forums including the mercado section before making your first post. Posts in the wrong forum or not related to San Carlos may be moved or deleted without notice.
Please take a moment and register to enjoy all the benefits of the forum.
Bienvenidos!

Moderated by: bartmanaz
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
Where is the best place to buy shrimp?  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Thu Dec 30th, 2010 06:29 am
  PM Quote Reply
1st Post
TheColoradoDude

Mana: 
I welcome all opinions and tips. Where is the best place to buy shrimp and scallops. Please tell me the prices your are paying as well. Alot of people recommend driving to Empalme, but factoring spending 10 dollars in fuel, I would think that maybe buying next to Santa Rosa's would be better.

Thoughts?

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Posted: Thu Dec 30th, 2010 01:39 pm
  PM Quote Reply
2nd Post
justme

Mana: 
Santa rosa is good there are also some guys walking around with it Tony the veggie guy usually has some and Alajandro in the red truck has them. a little cheaper in empalme but U R right unless you are already in GYM or are going to buy a bunch better to buy here I pay from 80 to 120 pesos a kilo depending on size I get them from a guy walking around with a black nylon cooler over his shoulder catch him around marina san carlos midday

Posted: Thu Dec 30th, 2010 03:47 pm
  PM Quote Reply
3rd Post
Eire

Mana: 
This guy (with the shoulder cold bag,crew cut) sold me a kilo and when I weighed them it was one pound not one kilo and the shrimp were not fresh.  I have never bought from him again. 

Alejandro in the red truck always has good fresh shrimp.  Bought some from a young man with freckles outside of Santa Rosa and they were all jumbos with the head off, delicious. Sometimes when you buy the small ones are hidden in the middle.

Last edited on Thu Dec 30th, 2010 03:49 pm by Eire

Posted: Thu Dec 30th, 2010 09:49 pm
  PM Quote Reply
4th Post
Jimmy

Mana: 
I think it is worth the drive to Empalme. Just as you cross the bay, and right before the RR tracks is a road to the Left. There are many vendors you can see selling fresh shrimp and crab meat. Go for the experience.

Last edited on Thu Dec 30th, 2010 09:52 pm by Jimmy

Posted: Sat Jan 1st, 2011 10:47 pm
  PM Quote Reply
5th Post
TheColoradoDude

Mana: 
Thanks to all for the helpful replies!

Posted: Sun Jan 2nd, 2011 10:32 pm
  PM Quote Reply
6th Post
Cristobal

Mana: 
If you go to Empalme...watch and be sure you are getting the correct amount of shrimp/fish.  Buyer Beware.

Posted: Sun Jan 9th, 2011 09:41 pm
  PM Quote Reply
7th Post
bobnliz

Mana: 
We have bought from the fellow with the shoulder bag a couple of times. There was as much ice as shrimp.
Alejandro is consistent and the fishmonger next to Sta Rosa is good, especially early on. Lizzy

Current time is 05:07 am  
San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico Forums > Topical Forums > San Carlos Forum > Where is the best place to buy shrimp? Top

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2014 Data 1 Systems