San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico Forums Home 
San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico Forums > Topical Forums > San Carlos Forum > Humidity will say 'adios' on Monday

San Carlos Mexico Forum
Welcome to our forum. In order to post in our forums you must be registered. Please take a minute to register to enjoy the full benefits of the forum. Registration is FREE and your information is kept private. When registering, please make sure your email address is entered correctly-if incorrect, you will not receive your validation message. Please do not use your email address as your user name for your own privacy and security. Gmail account users should check spam or trash folders for our validation message after initial registration. We also suggest you add host@sancarlosmexico.com to your white list.

This message board requires you to register in order to post new topics, reply to topics started by other users, start polls, or vote on polls. As a registered user, you can edit your own posts, upload photos and view our photo gallery, and send private messages to other members of the board. Registered users can keep track of the topics they are interested in, and receive e-mail notifications when someone posts to one of those topics. Registered users can choose a theme and setup a profile, to include hometown, email & web address and avatar if desired.
We do ask that you post in the appropriate forum-look over the subjects and topics of all forums including the mercado section before making your first post. Posts in the wrong forum or not related to San Carlos may be moved or deleted without notice.
Please take a moment and register to enjoy all the benefits of the forum.
Bienvenidos!

Moderated by: bartmanaz
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
Humidity will say 'adios' on Monday  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Fri Oct 23rd, 2020 03:51 pm
  PM Quote Reply
1st Post
Hook

Mana: 
As one of the first real cold fronts of the year makes its way through the western US over the next few days, it will finally bring an end to the elevated humidity levels of the summer season in San Carlos.

By Monday, daytime humidity levels will finally drop below the 60% threshold and the overnight levels will drop below 80%. The last couple nights have been upwards of 95%. Drip, drip........that's the sound of condensation off the air conditioner. And off your armpits.

A noticeable cooling trend will develop Monday, accompanied by what might be the first WNW wind episode of the "winter". It is a rather weak episode that should only carry through about Thursday.

At that point, temps will again rise to around 90F during the day. But the monsoon-season-like humidity appears to be over for the foreseeable future. Nighttime lows begin to finally reach the 60s F.

If you were wondering when to return to San Carlos, based on more comfortable weather (reduced heat and humidity), next week looks to be the first opportunity.

The SST (sea surface temperature) site I use is indicating that water temps are between 84-86. Can anyone confirm this via a temp gauge?

My weather station suffered a 90 day period of downtime this summer, probably from an interrupted land line signal from Telmex. But, based on other stations in town (my God, there are so few PWS now, compared to only 2-3 years ago!) this appears to have been the DRIEST summer season since at least 2008. Residents say this is the brownest October they can remember.

A new "season" is about to begin in San Carlos. I suspect it will be like no other. 

Last edited on Fri Oct 23rd, 2020 03:52 pm by Hook

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Posted: Fri Oct 23rd, 2020 06:44 pm
  PM Quote Reply
2nd Post
Kiwi

Mana: 
Thanks Hook. Was wondering when this high humidity would get the heck out of dodge - it is thick today.

Posted: Sat Oct 24th, 2020 02:52 pm
  PM Quote Reply
3rd Post
Hook

Mana: 
I am showing 66 F this AM, though the RH is still 83%. That's not so bad.

Low 90s still predicted for today.

Some moderation is temp/RH levels will start occuring on Sunday.

Still wondering about water temps. I know it was a rather rough day on the water, yesterday.

Posted: Sun Oct 25th, 2020 04:59 pm
  PM Quote Reply
4th Post
Hook

Mana: 
Cold front now expected to drop the temps in San Carlos into the mid 70s F on Tuesday. Three mornings with lows in the 50s possible; Tu, We, Thur mornings.

Posted: Mon Oct 26th, 2020 02:04 am
  PM Quote Reply
5th Post
Bullshipper

Mana: 
Thanks for the good news!

Posted: Mon Oct 26th, 2020 04:39 pm
  PM Quote Reply
6th Post
Caroline

Mana: 
Wow, what a nice change this morning. I am so looking forward to being chilly (not cold, just chilly). It has been a very long hot summer and this is what I have been waiting for. The great part of SC summers is that they do end and let cooler weather arrive just in time. Hook, we love your reports. Keep it up.

Posted: Tue Oct 27th, 2020 10:19 pm
  PM Quote Reply
7th Post
Kiwi

Mana: 
The temp is great, the wind is horrible.

Posted: Tue Oct 27th, 2020 11:45 pm
  PM Quote Reply
8th Post
Hook

Mana: 
Kiwi wrote: The temp is great, the wind is horrible.

I dont see anything registering over 5-7 knots.

Lemme guess;  you are either on the Caracol or maybe along Algodones Bay?

Now, yesterday was WINDY!!!!

Posted: Wed Oct 28th, 2020 02:27 am
  PM Quote Reply
9th Post
Bullshipper

Mana: 
YOU NAILED THE FORECAST !

Posted: Wed Oct 28th, 2020 02:35 am
  PM Quote Reply
10th Post
Kiwi

Mana: 
Yup, in one of those places - From noon until 3PM we had 25-30 mph gusts. 
As Bullshippper said your forecast is right on - keep up the good work and Thank You

Current time is 07:40 am  
San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico Forums > Topical Forums > San Carlos Forum > Humidity will say 'adios' on Monday Top

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2014 Data 1 Systems