San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico Forums Home 
San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico Forums > Topical Forums > San Carlos Forum > Sonora makes Face masks mandatory

San Carlos Mexico Forum
Welcome to our forum. In order to post in our forums you must be registered. Please take a minute to register to enjoy the full benefits of the forum. Registration is FREE and your information is kept private. When registering, please make sure your email address is entered correctly-if incorrect, you will not receive your validation message. Please do not use your email address as your user name for your own privacy and security. Gmail account users should check spam or trash folders for our validation message after initial registration. We also suggest you add host@sancarlosmexico.com to your white list.

This message board requires you to register in order to post new topics, reply to topics started by other users, start polls, or vote on polls. As a registered user, you can edit your own posts, upload photos and view our photo gallery, and send private messages to other members of the board. Registered users can keep track of the topics they are interested in, and receive e-mail notifications when someone posts to one of those topics. Registered users can choose a theme and setup a profile, to include hometown, email & web address and avatar if desired.
We do ask that you post in the appropriate forum-look over the subjects and topics of all forums including the mercado section before making your first post. Posts in the wrong forum or not related to San Carlos may be moved or deleted without notice.
Please take a moment and register to enjoy all the benefits of the forum.
Bienvenidos!

Moderated by: bartmanaz Page:    1  2  Next Page Last Page  
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
Sonora makes Face masks mandatory  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Thu Oct 8th, 2020 08:27 pm
  PM Quote Reply
1st Post
Xicotencatl

Mana: 

The Congress at Sonora State has made mandatory the use of face masks in all public places, incluing roads starting today.

I have been observing an increase in face masks users in Guaymas/San Carlos, most public places are restricting entrance without face masks, however is important to note that they maye get very  serious  if you are still moving around without them.

use google translate to read statement below :

“El uso de cubrebocas es obligatorio para todas las personas que se encuentren en territorio del estado de Sonora, en vías y espacios públicos o de uso común y en el interior de establecimientos ya sea de comercio, industria o servicios, centros de trabajo de cualquier ramo, o centros comerciales considerados como esenciales o no esenciales, así como para usuarios, operadores y conductores de los servicios de pasajeros y transportes de carga”, detalló el diputado Luis Armando Colosio, en la lectura de la iniciativa.

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Posted: Fri Oct 9th, 2020 04:56 pm
  PM Quote Reply
2nd Post
asjogren

Mana: 
Perhaps we can ask the Comisario for an interpretation about some activities that are difficult to do with a mask like trail running, mountain biking, and other outdoor exercise alone or in a very small group.

Washington State has these types of exemptions. The governor early in the pandemic suggested biking as a relatively safe way to get exercise.

Posted: Fri Oct 9th, 2020 07:19 pm
  PM Quote Reply
3rd Post
Bullshipper

Mana: 
There is no exception in this regulation, as written.

Posted: Sat Oct 10th, 2020 01:10 am
  PM Quote Reply
4th Post
lasninas

Mana: 
This is good news. If we are ever going to get our arms around this virus we need to act right. 

Posted: Sat Oct 10th, 2020 04:22 am
  PM Quote Reply
5th Post
Wy Ynot

Mana: 
Seems as if swimming, snorkeling, scuba, showering might be exceptions? Or maybe I'm all wet, LOL? Few masks can be seen in Arbolitos and Coralito as of today. Observed seating is certainly not segregated? Ynot

Posted: Sat Oct 10th, 2020 04:22 am
  PM Quote Reply
6th Post
Hook

Mana: 
Perhaps we can find some proof that this is the law on the internet. Anyone got a link?

I suspect it will be like many laws passed in Mexico. Good intentions, but zero enforcement.

Posted: Tue Oct 13th, 2020 06:25 am
  PM Quote Reply
7th Post
Hook

Mana: 
Well, we just went through a Saturday night. Was the crowd at Hammerhead's wearing masks?

Posted: Tue Oct 13th, 2020 03:44 pm
  PM Quote Reply
8th Post
Wy Ynot

Mana: 
Few to no masks on the streets. Lots of folks and lots of traffic and obviously few air strainers. Another unenforced law similar to speeding cars and dump trucks on Beltrones? Stop signs that mean mostly nothing?

Posted: Tue Oct 13th, 2020 09:45 pm
  PM Quote Reply
9th Post
Xicotencatl

Mana: 
The regulation that makes mandatory the use of face masks in Sonora will be voted Oct 20, where a fine of a minimum 2,200 pesos (about 100 USD) will be included.

Apologies as The regulation was reported in force but was not voted still. The city will be very very happy to cash out those fines, as their current philosophy is to get money out of any reason possible from locals and visitors. Really doubt they will forgive that opportunity to get $$

Posted: Tue Oct 13th, 2020 10:59 pm
  PM Quote Reply
10th Post
Hook

Mana: 
So, where IS this mysterious news story that led you so wrong?

Posted: Tue Oct 13th, 2020 11:02 pm
  PM Quote Reply
11th Post
Xicotencatl

Mana: 
Hook wrote: So, where IS this mysterious news story that led you so wrong?

Learn Spanish, read  the newspaper and get yourself informed. I won’t make your secretary job amigo.this notes are for those who in good faith takes an advise. 

Posted: Wed Oct 14th, 2020 03:25 am
  PM Quote Reply
12th Post
Bullshipper

Mana: 
Thisstory changes every time its reported.

https://heraldodemexico.com.mx/nacional/2020/9/3/diputado-de-sonora-propone-ley-para-hacer-obligatorio-uso-de-cubrebocas-204431.html

This reporter says that you only get a warning the first time, the second time you have to donate medical supplies, the third, a fine up to 2100 pesos. But if you thnk there is a data base to keep track of this that officers can check when they stop you, I would be surprised. This is not close to what was quoted as gospel by the previous news source.

The senator is a Morena party guy, and right now there is a huge infight for control over the party, so a yea vote is not a sure deal imo.

But it makes for interesting reading.

Posted: Wed Oct 14th, 2020 04:24 am
  PM Quote Reply
13th Post
Hook

Mana: 
Xicotencatl wrote: Hook wrote: So, where IS this mysterious news story that led you so wrong?

Learn Spanish, read  the newspaper and get yourself informed. I won’t make your secretary job amigo.this notes are for those who in good faith takes an advise. 

So, you'll act as our secretary to misinform us, but you wont act as our secretary to show how you "mistakenly" mislead us?

Strange.......

Posted: Wed Oct 14th, 2020 08:42 am
  PM Quote Reply
14th Post
Xicotencatl

Mana: 
Wondering on behalf of who else you speak for, except for yourself Hook. Keep thinking you are the center of the universe. I will keep posting here for my friends and I am glad I don't count you among them...DONT WEAR A MASK ! Pay no attention to any of my present or future posts, our third world city will not apply any fine or or may not even require CV19 protection as it may not even exist here! Be a happy gringo and do as you please by all means !!! Aprende español amigo,con esa actitud poca simpatía y ayuda vas a lograr aqui.

Posted: Wed Oct 14th, 2020 05:54 pm
  PM Quote Reply
15th Post
happy camper

Mana: 
Not many will follow those ridiculous nonsense rules, my self included.
I can agree when going to a store, but not on the street.

Posted: Wed Oct 14th, 2020 05:56 pm
  PM Quote Reply
16th Post
Hook

Mana: 
Xicotencatl wrote: Wondering on behalf of who else you speak for, except for yourself Hook. Keep thinking you are the center of the universe. I will keep posting here for my friends and I am glad I don't count you among them...DONT WEAR A MASK ! Pay no attention to any of my present or future posts, our third world city will not apply any fine or or may not even require CV19 protection as it may not even exist here! Be a happy gringo and do as you please by all means !!! Aprende español amigo,con esa actitud poca simpatía y ayuda vas a lograr aqui.

You'll keep misinforming your friends? Or deliberately misleading them, and not correcting yourself, with documentation? Good luck with that. 

And now, all because I have called you out on your misleading post (for lack of documentation), you have concluded that I dont support mask wearing, social distancing, etc., etc. 

Getting even stranger......I support all of that. But it does help to reveal you as a biased and prejudicial person. 

And then you play the "race" card. Calling me out as a dreaded "gringo"? And you assume that I am speaking for some larger group? 

I sure hope this world is working to put an end to bias and racial prejudice, such as you exhibit.

Posted: Wed Oct 14th, 2020 06:10 pm
  PM Quote Reply
17th Post
happy camper

Mana: 
Hook I have seen and read the same information somewhere else in Spanish, so something about it must be true. Like most everything else here, not many will comply.

Posted: Wed Oct 14th, 2020 06:17 pm
  PM Quote Reply
18th Post
Xicotencatl

Mana: 
My Friends has always appreciatte my statements, without the need of documentation to prove my saying.

They trust in my saying. And NO, I dont need to prove anything to you so keep looking at google, as your obtuse and limited view of the world makes anything other people says as false unless they prove it.You Will be the last human being I will share any document so you can enlighten the rest of Us, lesser forms of life, with your infinite wisdom...

Aprendi a hablar 4 idiomas, por necesidad de mi trabajo y como un acto de humildad con mis colegas y países en los que viví y hago negocios.

Brother, para que se te baje la cómica arrogancia en la que te mueves aquí a diario, a partir de ahora A TI en lo particular te voy a contestar en Español, nunca más en otra lengua, para que se te baje y te sirva de reality check .Te recomiendo que lo traduzcas, hoy me quede con las ganas de llamarte con los adjetivos que mereces pero a la próxima no me los voy a ahorrar.

Posted: Wed Oct 14th, 2020 06:35 pm
  PM Quote Reply
19th Post
happy camper

Mana: 
Congratulations on your 4 idiomas . I am having the same like you , still necesita un poco mas mejorar el espanol :P

Posted: Wed Oct 14th, 2020 06:37 pm
  PM Quote Reply
20th Post
MountainbikeVH

Mana: 
Xicotencatl - thank you for the information. I don’t know what peoples problems are with you updating the information as you saw there was additional information to be had. Misinformation is provided all the time by news sources in Mexico as well as the US and other countries too. Every person can take your topic and then do their own research to decide for themselves what they think. Keep posting the information you deem useful to your fellow expats here, thank you. Veronica 

Current time is 02:17 pm Page:    1  2  Next Page Last Page    
San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico Forums > Topical Forums > San Carlos Forum > Sonora makes Face masks mandatory Top

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2014 Data 1 Systems