San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico Forums Home 
San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico Forums > Topical Forums > San Carlos Forum > Border closing to US visitors to Sonora

San Carlos Mexico Forum
Welcome to our forum. In order to post in our forums you must be registered. Please take a minute to register to enjoy the full benefits of the forum. Registration is FREE and your information is kept private. When registering, please make sure your email address is entered correctly-if incorrect, you will not receive your validation message. Please do not use your email address as your user name for your own privacy and security. Gmail account users should check spam or trash folders for our validation message after initial registration. We also suggest you add host@sancarlosmexico.com to your white list.

This message board requires you to register in order to post new topics, reply to topics started by other users, start polls, or vote on polls. As a registered user, you can edit your own posts, upload photos and view our photo gallery, and send private messages to other members of the board. Registered users can keep track of the topics they are interested in, and receive e-mail notifications when someone posts to one of those topics. Registered users can choose a theme and setup a profile, to include hometown, email & web address and avatar if desired.
We do ask that you post in the appropriate forum-look over the subjects and topics of all forums including the mercado section before making your first post. Posts in the wrong forum or not related to San Carlos may be moved or deleted without notice.
Please take a moment and register to enjoy all the benefits of the forum.
Bienvenidos!

Moderated by: bartmanaz Page:  First Page Previous Page  1  2  3  4  5  Next Page Last Page  
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
Border closing to US visitors to Sonora  Rating:  Rating
AuthorPost
 Posted: Sat Jul 4th, 2020 03:11 pm
  PM Quote Reply
61st Post
johnmoore

Mana: 
Thank you for the screaming effort to, once again discredit a poster, and to avoid a serious question. My point is/was, their are many opinions out there...and many experts with varying opinions. Then it is left to the common person to opt as to which expert opinion to accept...this can all be done without screaming...at least by most people.

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Posted: Sat Jul 4th, 2020 03:33 pm
  PM Quote Reply
62nd Post
Jimmy

Mana: 
frankiej wrote: johnmoore wrote: Some people are manic on their position, screaming all the time..sad. some of us are RESPONSIBLE for our actions, and ABIDE by the laws/rules/ regulations!

others are driven by a maniacal selfish inconsiderate agenda, WHOSE SOLE INTENT APPEARS TO ENABLE AND TO BE DISRUPTIVE!

it is what it is, a divided camp of informed and MISINFORMED!  

the informed want to see the light at the tunnel, the MISINFORMED are only extending that vision, by disregarding the enforced rules and enabling misconduct!!!!!!!!

Your Conceit is showing.....Who is the ""Informed"" and who is the ""MISINFORMED"" In your ""Opinion""?? --- It's Obvious that the Dr Fausi of San Carlos is the ""Informed"" ---He is the one who Posts the most??   My suggestion is to Take Care of Yourself and Your Loved Ones as you see fit and let others Take care of themselves as they see fit...As has been said on another Thread ""there is a lot of Misinformation going around""

Last edited on Sat Jul 4th, 2020 03:46 pm by Jimmy

Posted: Sat Jul 4th, 2020 03:45 pm
  PM Quote Reply
63rd Post
frankiej

Mana: 
Jimmy wrote: My suggestion is to Take Care of Yourself and Your Loved Ones ""there is a lot of Misinformation going around""

i do!! but when i see disregard to to prescribed rules, which could affect me directly, it is of concern!
every new visitor will be entering places i may or the full time residents go! 

Posted: Sat Jul 4th, 2020 03:51 pm
  PM Quote Reply
64th Post
Bullshipper

Mana: 
johnmoore wrote: Bullshipper, It is my opinion that any responsible person would adhere to prophylactic measures recommended by experts. Why not error on the side of caution? I find any travel, especially between Az and Son, north south should be avoided unless it be life threatening necessary. Anyone on here sage enough to describe "informed and misinformed", as it applies to this virus?, without losing it and screaming??

Agreed. 

In line, the SC police gave 4 masks to a group of guys in front of me after stopping everyone for a virus check in SC. I passed them  less than a minute later, all laughing, none wearing masks.

Pissed me off, but what more can they do, put heavy fines on offenders? But that would be against AMLO policy of hugs with no enforcement.

Yesterday while he had the nerve to give a speech about lower crime rates in Mexico, 4 guys went into a drug rehab center, told everyone to lay down, then killed 26 women and teenagers.

The Guaymas city controller was assassinated about 3 months ago, and yesterday they promised to kill his replacement.

But they also reported that they froze over $950M dollars in suspect bank accounts, so I am sure some of us will end up paying for that. 

Last edited on Sat Jul 4th, 2020 03:55 pm by Bullshipper

Posted: Sat Jul 4th, 2020 03:53 pm
  PM Quote Reply
65th Post
Jimmy

Mana: 
Stay Home --- Ware your Mask --- Wash/Sanitize your hands constantly --- If you must go out stay 6" apart from others --- I suggest that if you must go out you carry Hand Sanitizer and use it profusely... STAY HOME-STAY HOME-STAY HOME!!!!! 

And Ya'll are constantly talking about being ""Out and About"" and seeing this or seeing that when the #1 order is to STAY HOME!!!! PLEASE....JUST STAY HOME!!!!! 

Last edited on Sat Jul 4th, 2020 03:59 pm by Jimmy

Posted: Sat Jul 4th, 2020 03:55 pm
  PM Quote Reply
66th Post
johnmoore

Mana: 
"every new visitor will be entering places i may or the full time residents go!" Another expert opinion, contradicting themselves..how hard do you think it would be for me to find you screaming and telling everyone to stay at home?, not too hard..

Posted: Sat Jul 4th, 2020 04:03 pm
  PM Quote Reply
67th Post
Jimmy

Mana: 
Ya'll are constantly talking about being ""Out and About"" Ya'll post about going here and going there and seeing this or seeing that in your travels, when the #1 order is to STAY HOME!!!! PLEASE....JUST STAY HOME!!!!

Last edited on Sat Jul 4th, 2020 04:07 pm by Jimmy

Posted: Sat Jul 4th, 2020 04:54 pm
  PM Quote Reply
68th Post
IronMan

Mana: 

Posted: Sat Jul 4th, 2020 04:54 pm
  PM Quote Reply
69th Post
IronMan

Mana: 

Posted: Sat Jul 4th, 2020 04:58 pm
  PM Quote Reply
70th Post
Hook

Mana: 
Frankie, I understand your concern about people who don't abide by the rules, but when van loads of people are being dropped off at the San Carlos hotels, when people can fly into Mexico for recreational reasons, the hypocrisy of it starts to burn people up.

One of my biggest fears in all this covid phobia (admittedly, it's a warranted phobia) is that jobs are being deemed essential and non-essential and people are going to be deemed essential or non-essential for no logical reason.

I am particularly concerned with how representatives of big business are getting more rights/freedoms than the rest of us. It's been growing for years. We need an updated Bill of Rights that protects us from losing rights to big business, too.

Posted: Sat Jul 4th, 2020 07:39 pm
  PM Quote Reply
71st Post
Bullshipper

Mana: 
Thanks Ironman. Thase photos speak volumes

Posted: Sat Jul 4th, 2020 10:02 pm
  PM Quote Reply
72nd Post
DocD

Mana: 
As Many as 80 Percent of People with COVID-19 Aren’t Aware They Have the Virus For COVID-19.. data to date suggest that 80% of infections are mild or asymptomatic, 15% are severe infections, requiring oxygen and 5% are critical infections, requiring ventilation.

Researchers say anywhere from 40 percent to 80 percent of people with COVID-19 are unaware they have the virus. 

This allows the novel coronavirus to spread more rapidly throughout a community.
Experts say these carriers without symptoms make it even more important for people to wear face masks in public.

I am no Dr Fauci... He is a brilliant man and at the top of his field. However I am a Doctor and I listen to what he says and I trust what he says. Also, I read what he and other experts write in the medical Journals. 

There are two groups of people.Thank God that the largest group, probably 70-75  percent of the population, cares about other people. They don't want to put others at risk. They will do whatever it takes to protect themselves, their family , friends, neighbors and even people they don't know. They will do whatever they personally can do to stop the spread of this virus.
They will wear masks.
They will Social distance.
They will Not travel for NON essential reasons.

Then there is the second group. Much smaller but deadly. This is the group that is spreading the virus . They are the reason the virus is spreading out of control. Many of these people are the superspreaders.
They Refuse to wear a mask.
They Refuse to social distance.( they go to crowded bars , restaurants, churches, beaches and pools)
To them a vacation or weekend getaway is essential travel. Others be damned!
Asymptomatic spreaders pass the disease along without realizing the damage they are causing. 
This is the group that is literally killing people,  (modern day Typhoid Mary's)
Most likely they will not change their behavior until Covid 19 harms or kills someone close to them.

For those of you who still think this is just like the flu you are gravely mistaken. I am not talking about death rates.
 The flu is a respiratory disease. 
Covid 19 starts as a respiratory disease damaging the lungs and spreads from there. It affects and damages the Heart, blood vessels, brain( think seizures, strokes etc.) , kidneys.
Even though people recover they could be dealing with major lifelong problems.

Young children from 6 months old to 15 years old ) have been diagnosed with a condition similar to Kawasaki disease.  Which is an inflammatory disease affecting the blood vessels which then affects other organs. Again, possibly a lifetime of problems.
One last difference I will mention is that no pregnant woman with the flu has given birth to a child with the flu. However, Infants are being born with Covid 19!  No one has a clue what the consequences of that will be for the child.
 Six months of study around the world by the top minds out there, and still not enough is yet known.  Except how bad it is.

Researchers in Florida have found that the virus has already mutated to a much more contagious form. Luckily not deadlier but much more infectious. But who knows what the next mutation will be. That's what viruses do. Constantly changing . 

Something closer to home... I had my first grandchild born in Dec. I was planning to go north to Arizona in March to see her but covid 19 hit. I am dying to see my son and his wife and meet my granddaughter. Even though I would like to consider it essential travel, I know that it's not.  More importantly,  I would never want to put them at risk if I should unknowingly be infected.

Another thing....People like Frankie, Bullshipper , Bart and many others on this board are only trying to help people.  They care. They  give current information, ask the right questions and  repeat important information so that  maybe, just maybe, it will sink into some slightly thicker skulls. They don't deserve to be attacked.

Covid 19 is with us and will be until everyone does their part. Remember....WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF THE FIRST WAVE.!!!!!
Come October, November. Well, It's going to be ugly.

Be smart, Be safe

Last edited on Sat Jul 4th, 2020 10:06 pm by DocD

Posted: Sat Jul 4th, 2020 11:21 pm
  PM Quote Reply
73rd Post
Benito_Villa

Mana: 
Hear, Hear for DocD, Frankie, Bullshipper, Bart and the others trying to help people. You may have saved a life or two.

Posted: Sun Jul 5th, 2020 12:11 am
  PM Quote Reply
74th Post
TrueBlue

Mana: 
Very good post, DocD.

The following is relevant to SC/Guaymas from the standpoint of complacency.

I'm a gym rat. Went everyday in So Cal until they closed the gyms due to COVID.

The gyms opened a few weeks ago while there was no statewide mask mandate. I stayed away, as the last place I want to be is in a gym with people without masks.

A couple weeks ago the governor announced a mask mandate. There is also a local mask mandate. It applies to gyms.

First I went to Planet Fitness. The one near me is usually pretty empty, so I thought I would feel safer there. They assured me on the phone beforehand that masks were required "unless they interfered with a member's workout". I figured I'd give it a try. Checked in, went to where I had a view of the cardio area. 10 people doing cardio, breathing heavily, ZERO wearing masks. Looked at the weight area. About 15 people, 40% wearing masks. Cancelled my membership, then left.

24 Hour Fitness now makes you set an appointment for an hour long workout. Then they close up and clean for 30 minutes until the next session. Made an appointment, got there ahead of time, about 20 people waiting, all wearing masks (which were required to enter). As soon as people checked in, about 40% of them removed their masks. I complained to the manager, who said that members were free to remove their masks if it interfered with their workout. I left.

Tried a different, bigger 24 Hour Fitness the next day. 25 people, only 3 of us wearing masks once inside. And this was during "senior hour", where people at higher risk were working out. I immediately left.

So I read the other day that LA County is now requiring people working out in a gym to wear gloves and a mask, and they mean business. LA County is only 6 miles away, so I went there. The 24 Hour Fitness required masks, and they were strict about it, but did not require gloves. There were only about 7 people inside yesterday, and I was the *only* one inside today. I'm okay with people skipping the gloves....I wipe down the equipment before and after I use it with sanitizing spray.

So complacency is a problem. There's a July 4th block party going on in the next block over. Few masks, no distancing, lots of drinking.

This is why California is exploding with new cases. The same is true for all the other states having problems. The same will happen to anywhere in Mexico where people get tired of the restrictions, become complacent, think it won't happen to them, etc. You have to be vigilant at all times to beat this thing. As DocD pointed out, this is not the flu. I'd prefer to live my final years in comfort, not with the myriad of problems that may result from COVID.

BTW....for those that think wearing a mask is restrictive to breathing.....not really.  I got 20 minutes worth of cardio in today, and breathing was not a problem at all.  My face was hotter and I sweat *a little* bit more, but it was not inconvenient at all.  I only did cardio because I was the only person in the place.  I still would not have been comfortable in the cardio area from a safety standpoint if there were more than a couple people there, even masked.

Last edited on Sun Jul 5th, 2020 02:15 am by TrueBlue

Posted: Sun Jul 5th, 2020 01:19 am
  PM Quote Reply
75th Post
DocD

Mana: 
Your experiences nail it on the head. Here in San Carlos the visitors wear a mask to get in the stores, then drop them down to the neck.

30 years in practice having to wear a mask, gloves etc. . Never thought I'd have to wear one again every day. But you gotta do what you gotta do.

Before the gym here in town closed I would go 3 times a week and I really miss it. Not sure I'll go back if they ever reopen. At least for quite a while.
I have some dumbbells here at home and the workout bands so I do 90 minutes three times a week but it's definitely not the same thing.
Stay safe.

Posted: Sun Jul 5th, 2020 02:24 am
  PM Quote Reply
76th Post
Bullshipper

Mana: 
I read recently that the police are having a tough time searching out the "Renagde Gyms" that we operating under the radar in California.

Wearing a mask doing Cardio would be hard, so home exercising under the AC seems like the only viable option.

Posted: Sun Jul 5th, 2020 02:42 am
  PM Quote Reply
77th Post
TrueBlue

Mana: 
Bullshipper wrote: Wearing a mask doing Cardio would be hardNot hard.  Inconvenient, but not hard.

As for searching out the renegade gyms in California.....

This is a hot button issue for me.  I reported all of the gyms not complying with the mask orders to:
1.  Local Code Enforcement (2 different cities)
2.  Cal-OSHA (for the employees who are subjected to members without masks)
3.  City Manager (who referred me back to Code Enforcement or the Police, and I'm not going to bother the police with this when I know nothing will come of it)

I will add that it's been long enough so that if something was going to happen, it would have already.  The gubmt is MIA on this.

I asked the manager of the gym in LA County if OC gyms had gotten the same message from corporate, and I was told that she thought they had as of last Saturday when they got their message.  I noted that my attempts to visit the OC 24 Hour Fitness gyms were all after Saturday.  So either the message from corporate didn't exist, or the OC gym managers chose to ignore it (which I doubt, because who doesn't need their job right now?).

I also called another two gyms searching for something local where mask wearing was enforced.  Fitness 19 said they don't enforce if it interferes with a workout, while Chuze said their enforcement is pretty strong.

Last edited on Sun Jul 5th, 2020 02:56 am by TrueBlue

Posted: Sun Jul 5th, 2020 05:32 am
  PM Quote Reply
78th Post
TrueBlue

Mana: 
https://www.radarsonora.com/se-retorna-a-mas-de-600-vehiculos-en-distintos-filtros-de-sonora/

Posted: Sun Jul 5th, 2020 01:49 pm
  PM Quote Reply
79th Post
diver45

Mana: 
Let us not forget about the clueless, careless people who know better but still show a disregard for others. Quick point.  I work at a hospital. Yesterday a woman was in a car crash, not seriously injured. She only spoke spanish, she was tested for covid 2 days ago and was positive. Had some symptoms, bodyaches, fever, etc. She had to go to the bank, then had the accident. She exposed the police, and fire dept who responded and us at the hospital. She just did not get it. 

Posted: Sun Jul 5th, 2020 08:12 pm
  PM Quote Reply
80th Post
Benito_Villa

Mana: 
Clueless, careless or just does not care. They are all the same. There is no reason to be ignorant at this stage of the pandemic.

I was at a grocery store (name/city omitted on purpose) this morning and heard a deep cough in the worker area of the bakery. The lady that works there looks up and sees me looking at her and quickly pulls up her mask over her mouth. The other worker over in the food area was not concerned enough to even look that direction. The security guard was close enough to hear and did not care to investigate nor did the cashier. Nobody seemed to care. A few minutes later, I hear another cough coming from that area while checking out. There should be no reason anybody coughing in a grocery store does not get management/other employees immediate attention.

FYI, I did not notice any fresh baked goods out or anything being prepared in that area but still equally terrible.

Current time is 01:08 am Page:  First Page Previous Page  1  2  3  4  5  Next Page Last Page    
San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico Forums > Topical Forums > San Carlos Forum > Border closing to US visitors to Sonora Top

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2014 Data 1 Systems