San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico Forums Home 

San Carlos Mexico Forum
Welcome to our forum. In order to post in our forums you must be registered. Please take a minute to register to enjoy the full benefits of the forum. Registration is FREE and your information is kept private. When registering, please make sure your email address is entered correctly-if incorrect, you will not receive your validation message. Please do not use your email address as your user name for your own privacy and security. Gmail account users should check spam or trash folders for our validation message after initial registration. We also suggest you add host@sancarlosmexico.com to your white list.

This message board requires you to register in order to post new topics, reply to topics started by other users, start polls, or vote on polls. As a registered user, you can edit your own posts, upload photos and view our photo gallery, and send private messages to other members of the board. Registered users can keep track of the topics they are interested in, and receive e-mail notifications when someone posts to one of those topics. Registered users can choose a theme and setup a profile, to include hometown, email & web address and avatar if desired.
We do ask that you post in the appropriate forum-look over the subjects and topics of all forums including the mercado section before making your first post. Posts in the wrong forum or not related to San Carlos may be moved or deleted without notice.
Please take a moment and register to enjoy all the benefits of the forum.
Bienvenidos!

Moderated by: bartmanaz
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
water line repair  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Fri Jun 26th, 2020 11:00 pm
  PM Quote Reply
1st Post
frankiej

Mana: 
subdivisions west of the Bahia will be without water until Sunday! there is a leak on the main 10 inch line that is being repaired.

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Posted: Sat Jun 27th, 2020 02:02 pm
  PM Quote Reply
2nd Post
frankiej

Mana: 
Saturday 7:00 am i have full street water pressure!

Posted: Wed Jul 15th, 2020 12:27 pm
  PM Quote Reply
3rd Post
frankiej

Mana: 
OUCH, 3,477 peso water bill. average bill during the year 340 pesos.

* on 3 occasions during the last water bill cycle, we where without water service for 1 to 3 days.
* my water use is conservative, several years ago i took out my lawn and replaced it with gravel because of a billing of around 1,800 pesos.
* i received my water bill yesterday it was for almost off the chart, 3,477 pesos!!
* they say i used 110 cubic meters, that approximately 29,058 gallons of water???
* i immediately checked my meter to see if any of the dials on the meter where moving to indicate a leak, they where not.
* i made a physical inspection from the meter at the street to my cisterns, no leaks.
* this has happened before, here at my home and once at my office.
* my solution was to speak will CEA, i go to the office make a complaint.
* i waited patiently to be attended to.
* we agreed that i would not be charged for 2 more billing cycles to make a judgement on the over billing.
* each time i was vindicated and only charged the average of a 4 month bill cycle.
* they where fair and just.
* now i have to subject myself to the interview, wait to be attended, only to enter an office to make my complaint, during a pandemic where people are now not being allowed in the building. 
will see what happens.

Attached Image (viewed 492 times):

20200715_050118.jpg

Last edited on Wed Jul 15th, 2020 02:52 pm by frankiej

Posted: Wed Jul 22nd, 2020 06:58 pm
  PM Quote Reply
4th Post
frankiej

Mana: 
so i came back today Wednesday as i was told to do. i knew it would be in vain as i know that CEA did not come to my home to inspect the meter system.
the first thing that Yiya said was the system was down to come back Friday.i ask can i give you my number so i don't have to come needlessly, she said they don't do that. she assured me they check the meter, i told her i didn't think  it was the meter but probably the pressure relief valve, "JUNK". she told me not to change it. until they came.

so here i am again playing their game, and now being told she has to charge what the system is asking. leaving me to believe they will not give me the benefit of the obvious doubt, and i will be charged the full amount.

Posted: Wed Jul 22nd, 2020 07:40 pm
  PM Quote Reply
5th Post
MARIGOT

Mana: 
I feel your pain, Frankiej, but, as you know, you can’t fight City Hall — or CEA!
Dealing with CEA has to be the most frustrating part of living in Mexico, in my experience.

Posted: Fri Jul 24th, 2020 12:50 pm
  PM Quote Reply
6th Post
stephenjay

Mana: 
Yes CEA is difficult to deal with, so 4 years ago I become independent of them, I buy my water from a truck, much better system for me, I now have happy water.

Posted: Fri Jul 24th, 2020 02:08 pm
  PM Quote Reply
7th Post
frankiej

Mana: 
here it is friday, they still have not come for an inspection.

Posted: Fri Jul 24th, 2020 02:30 pm
  PM Quote Reply
8th Post
johnmoore

Mana: 
Stephen, what kind of storage do you have, capacity, and frequency of filling? Also, are you a full time resident, and if you don't mind, how many in your family? Thanks you.

Posted: Fri Jul 24th, 2020 02:40 pm
  PM Quote Reply
9th Post
frankiej

Mana: 
those are all great questions for the practicality of having water hauled in.

Posted: Fri Jul 24th, 2020 04:14 pm
  PM Quote Reply
10th Post
long time resident

Mana: 
When I sold my place, CEA told me that I had a back bill that had not been paid (going back a few years) where they charged me over 1000 pesos a month, because meter wasn't working. (I still paid them each month the amount it normally was) They figured I owed them $2000 dlls, and if I wanted to fight it, I could write a letter, and it would go to Guaymas, and then they would decide if they wanted to forgive the higher fees or not. I was closing on my house, and my realtor refused to help out with the water company (not her job) so I had to pay then and there. It is a rip off, always has been, always will be. Sad but true. Too bad realtors don't give better service for their clients when they are making a lot of money in commissions.

Posted: Fri Jul 24th, 2020 06:06 pm
  PM Quote Reply
11th Post
nice guy

Mana: 
Not to steal a water thread - but maybe 10 yrs ago, friends bought a house on the golf course here, and found out after they had moved in that there was an unpaid Telmex bill of about us$2000 - never cleared in closing by either the RE agent or the Notario. Telmex said - no pay, no phone. So they both got cell phones, and MegaCable.

Posted: Fri Jul 24th, 2020 06:13 pm
  PM Quote Reply
12th Post
Bullshipper

Mana: 
I think if water service is available in your area, you are obligated to contract, unless you get a written exemption.  Having an up to date paid water bill is one of the things a Notary requires to initiate any real estate transaction too.

Calif also is now requiring year round trash collection, even if you are not there.

Last edited on Fri Jul 24th, 2020 06:16 pm by Bullshipper

Posted: Fri Jul 24th, 2020 06:36 pm
  PM Quote Reply
13th Post
frankiej

Mana: 
i had to bring the water in at my office. there was no line to connect to. i trenched about 50/60 meters. i called CEA and they connected my line and the meter. 
there was never a requirement for the line size nor did urbano come to inspect the work i obtained  a permit to do so. i think i plumbed 2 inch piping, so if i wanted to improve on my adjoining lot, it would be sufficient. 
the following years several homes where built, they connected to the line i trenched in.
CEA or the new home owners never offered compensation to me.
that is why San Carlos is i night mare, there was basically the main line provided by CEA and everything else is spliced in, and that in turn is spliced into, again, and again,

that is not how infrastructure is properly placed.

Posted: Wed Jul 29th, 2020 07:36 pm
  PM Quote Reply
14th Post
frankiej

Mana: 
the end result.
reading my past posts you can see i was vigilant about addressing the issue of being over charge, with CEA
today Wednesday the 29th. i returned to pay my office water bill and to find out about my over charged home water bill. 
i was told they came to my neighborhood on the 16th, i asked when i came in last week why wasn't i told? Yiya said it wasn't in the system yet.
 the technicians found no leaks, and the meter dials where not moving, proving so.

i pushed my position that it was the air relief valve, that i was told not to replace it until inspected. the problem was the relief valve and it was now recommended by CEA to replace it.

after my point was made, and all in the office where involved, they told me the best they could offer was a 50% discount, i whipped out my 1,739 pesos and paid it!!!!!!!!!

there are many types of air relief valves, when the metering system was changed a few years back the air relieve valves where replaced by cheap plastic ones. i replaced that one with a quality brass one. the moral of the story is both types are spring operated, and in time oxidation occurs with calcium build up, the relief valves probably should be replaced every 2 years. 170 pesos at Ranchitos.

Attached Image (viewed 140 times):

20200729_110704.jpg

Posted: Wed Jul 29th, 2020 08:36 pm
  PM Quote Reply
15th Post
Bullshipper

Mana: 
And why is this needed?

Posted: Wed Jul 29th, 2020 09:51 pm
  PM Quote Reply
16th Post
frankiej

Mana: 
CEA regulates the water distribution by shutting off sections of San Carlos at different times.
when an area is shut off the lines become void of water, the empty lines now have air filling them. when the water is turned back on the pressure of the water compresses the existing air, this air needs to be released. if the air is not released through the "pressure relieve valve" it will continue to the meter turning the dials that where intended to be turned by water.
CEA's approach is to have release valves at every meter.
most sophisticated water systems have pressure relieve valves installed in the infrastructure of the water line, i have not seen that here..

several years back, when Efrin Soto was heading CEA here, i had the same problem. he told me that air can not move the dials.
in his office he had boxes of new meters, i asked if i could open one up and make a demonstration.
he allowed me to do so, i showed him the new meter measured zero, i took a deep breath and blew into the intake end of the meter and physically showed the dials moving.
red faced and bewildered he gave me a discount, RIP Efrin Soto. a good man willing to listen to a resident.

there should be dozens of these air release valves installed in the infrastructure of the main line through out the system.

Attached Image (viewed 111 times):

20200729_145600.jpg

Last edited on Wed Jul 29th, 2020 10:03 pm by frankiej

Current time is 08:53 pm  
San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico Forums > Topical Forums > San Carlos Forum > water line repair Top

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2014 Data 1 Systems