San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico Forums Home 
San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico Forums > Topical Forums > San Carlos Forum > Any update on the Leys SC employees having the virus ?

San Carlos Mexico Forum
Welcome to our forum. In order to post in our forums you must be registered. Please take a minute to register to enjoy the full benefits of the forum. Registration is FREE and your information is kept private. When registering, please make sure your email address is entered correctly-if incorrect, you will not receive your validation message. Please do not use your email address as your user name for your own privacy and security. Gmail account users should check spam or trash folders for our validation message after initial registration. We also suggest you add host@sancarlosmexico.com to your white list.

This message board requires you to register in order to post new topics, reply to topics started by other users, start polls, or vote on polls. As a registered user, you can edit your own posts, upload photos and view our photo gallery, and send private messages to other members of the board. Registered users can keep track of the topics they are interested in, and receive e-mail notifications when someone posts to one of those topics. Registered users can choose a theme and setup a profile, to include hometown, email & web address and avatar if desired.
We do ask that you post in the appropriate forum-look over the subjects and topics of all forums including the mercado section before making your first post. Posts in the wrong forum or not related to San Carlos may be moved or deleted without notice.
Please take a moment and register to enjoy all the benefits of the forum.
Bienvenidos!

Moderated by: bartmanaz Page:    1  2  Next Page Last Page  
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
Any update on the Leys SC employees having the virus ?  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Sat Jun 20th, 2020 04:42 pm
  PM Quote Reply
1st Post
nice guy

Mana: 
Anything posted on the store - or confirmation elsewhere?

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Posted: Sat Jun 20th, 2020 07:17 pm
  PM Quote Reply
2nd Post
Cristobal

Mana: 
14 people/employees tested positive according to 2 reliable sources

Posted: Sat Jun 20th, 2020 07:35 pm
  PM Quote Reply
3rd Post
DocD

Mana: 
All I can find in 3 Mexican news sources is 2 more dead and 20 more infected in Guaymas. You would think 14 infected in a grocery store in San Carlos would be big news.
So I don't know what to think. I haven't been by there in the last 2 days. If the story is accurate I think the store would be closed at least  a day or two. For cleaning and disinfecting etc. Has anyone seen anything going on there?

Last edited on Sat Jun 20th, 2020 07:41 pm by DocD

Posted: Sat Jun 20th, 2020 08:44 pm
  PM Quote Reply
4th Post
frankiej

Mana: 
Cristobal wrote: 14 people/employees tested positive according to 2 reliable sourcesi am not doubting what you have heard, but what are the reliable sources????????????

* the store is open for business
* it was reported earlier this week, that the private laboratories where overwhelmed and where not accepting new tests
* DocD makes a valid point if 14 tested positive, it should have made the headlines 
*there is also the possibility of the STIGMA placed on individuals and companies if reported! 

Last edited on Sat Jun 20th, 2020 08:56 pm by frankiej

Posted: Sun Jun 21st, 2020 07:18 pm
  PM Quote Reply
5th Post
stephenjay

Mana: 
That is very bad news.  If the figure of 14 is correct, that means they became infected at work, don't understand why, all shoppers must wear a mask and sanitize their hands, same for the employees, I thought we were safe in SC.

Posted: Sun Jun 21st, 2020 11:58 pm
  PM Quote Reply
6th Post
goldin

Mana: 
Besides staying religiously quarantined, it’s very hard to control what goes around you. You may have walked into a space where somebody infected just sneezed or coughed. You’ll never know. Not everybody is completely aware of the preventive actions you must follow.

Posted: Mon Jun 22nd, 2020 05:00 am
  PM Quote Reply
7th Post
Bullshipper

Mana: 
I saw one report about the manager and her assistant.
Then a cashier gave an interview saying she was scared to work there as there could be more.
Then came the report about 15 being tested. 

This is all coming on Facebook's Portal de Noticias Guaymas with no real reporters and the stories didn't stay up on the page, so I really wonder about how reliable this all is.

Last edited on Mon Jun 22nd, 2020 05:03 am by Bullshipper

Posted: Mon Jun 22nd, 2020 01:38 pm
  PM Quote Reply
8th Post
frankiej

Mana: 
i think the reporting of the 14 employees testing positive, at this point is "CHISME"!!!!!!!!!!!
i have NO doubt that those numbers will become reality in the very near future

Posted: Mon Jun 22nd, 2020 01:46 pm
  PM Quote Reply
9th Post
goldin

Mana: 
Chisme is right, closer to what’s happening. Not necessarily closer to the truth as that one is hard to come by. Nobody is going to confess to the truth as it marks you as contaminated. But unless there’s a confession, we stay in the dark.

Posted: Mon Jun 22nd, 2020 02:06 pm
  PM Quote Reply
10th Post
Wy Ynot

Mana: 
Stephenjay, #5, I readily admit we have not shopped Ley for over a month but at that time, they were not requiring shoppers or employees to wear a mask, Washing your hands and washing your cart after you had brought it in, yes. If the rule was in effect, it was not honored. I would have thought a company the size of Ley and I think 52% or so owned by Safeway would demand of their employees and shoppers the use of masks. I am extremely compromised in my lungs so it really is important to me to avoid all the possibilities for contact that I can. Ron

Posted: Tue Jun 23rd, 2020 02:31 am
  PM Quote Reply
11th Post
frankiej

Mana: 
this thread is about the reported convid cases at Ley here in San Carlos!
my concern is for the safety and welfare of OUR community! i post to help keep us informed!
we should be and were notified of the concern of the largest grocery store in San Carlos! this is a LINK in our food chain here in San Carlos! EVERY PROVIDER OF GOODS SOLD AT THAT MARKET, PROVIDE GOODS TO THE OTHER MARKETS IN TOWN! THIS IS EXACTLY HOW THE "INFECTION" CHAIN BEGINS AND SPREADS!

there is no place for someone OBSESSED with conspiracy theories, whose point of reference is the dark web, who posts OXYMORON's denying the convid virus in one sentence and in another sentence, condemning the Governors of some states for filling nursing homes with convid patients!

I LIVE HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited on Tue Jun 23rd, 2020 02:40 am by frankiej

Posted: Tue Jun 23rd, 2020 02:52 pm
  PM Quote Reply
12th Post
bartmanaz
Administrator

Mana: 
This thread is about the situation at Ley in SC
Any post unrelated has been deleted. Please stop hijacking threads. Post on an existing thread or start a new one but the hijacking is not acceptable

Posted: Tue Jun 23rd, 2020 08:08 pm
  PM Quote Reply
13th Post
DocD

Mana: 
A HEADS UP!!!!
I went to Leys yesterday afternoon. Cashier with mask only covering her mouth. She was working the only lane open. Not covering the nose makes wearing the mask worthless. Say she had the virus, asymptomatic or presymptomatic. Every person would have been exposed. Every item she touched would be contaminated. Your change from the purchase, or your credit card. I told her she needed to cover her nose ( in Spanish). She ignored me . Told another employee on my way out, he just shrugged. (The 2 previous times I was there over the last 2 weeks there was a female cashier with no mask.) Once in my car I used a large quantity of hand disinfectant. And at home, I washed my hands repeatedly while sanitizing my purchases and putting them away. The only reason I went there is they are the only store in town that has the item that I needed. But from now on I will do without or go to Walmart. I won't be returning there as long as the virus is a threat. Good thing we have Santa Rosa's and Santavalle.

Posted: Tue Jun 23rd, 2020 08:51 pm
  PM Quote Reply
14th Post
Scmateo

Mana: 
It's not just the virus, look around while your in there (and you don't have to look too closely) the place is absolutely filthy.  Last time I was in there, young man was sorting produce, no mask & no gloves.  While selecting my purchases I witnessed him pick up four different produce items from the floor and place them in the bins. Unbelievable!!  I was checked out by a girl not wearing a mask.  I asked, in Spanish, where was her mask and she just shook her head no.  My last visit, maybe forever.  The Ley's in Guaymas Norte is completely the opposite.  Mask, gloves and cleanliness for all.

Posted: Tue Jun 23rd, 2020 11:02 pm
  PM Quote Reply
15th Post
frankiej

Mana: 
i rarely shop there! my biggest concern is ALL the providers who sell their goods there, also frequent all the other stores in town during their ROUTE deliveries!
i find it curious that the state health authorities have not become involved!

Posted: Wed Jun 24th, 2020 12:01 am
  PM Quote Reply
16th Post
390pony

Mana: 
I've never liked Leys.

Posted: Wed Jun 24th, 2020 07:21 pm
  PM Quote Reply
17th Post
DocD

Mana: 
It seems that needing a mask for entry, the spraying of disinfectant on the hands and cleaning the cart handle is only for the optics. Once inside anything goes. Major failure of the management. For years I have heard complaints relating to said management of this store. Having an large essential business in the middle of our town that is not complying to the covid guidelines is a threat to everyone whether you shop there or not.
Contrary to the mandatory stay at home orders, every weekend we are getting more and more vacationers here and the majority of them shop at Leys. And they are more active here in town then we locals who for the most part stay home.  More chance for community spread. 

Last edited on Wed Jun 24th, 2020 07:24 pm by DocD

Posted: Sat Jun 27th, 2020 07:34 pm
  PM Quote Reply
18th Post
azbandit66

Mana: 
Can anyone tell me exactly what day this outbreak was reoported? I walked thru Lays at on the 20th and now my boss wants to make me quarantine for 14 days.

Posted: Sat Jun 27th, 2020 07:53 pm
  PM Quote Reply
19th Post
Bullshipper

Mana: 
Tuesday of last week, not this week, is my recollection,

Posted: Sat Jun 27th, 2020 07:55 pm
  PM Quote Reply
20th Post
frankiej

Mana: 
it was reported on Opinion Sonora June 16th
Presumen existan casos de coronavirus en Ley de San Carlos - Opinión Sonora

DocD, first made us aware of it on the 18th.

GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited on Sat Jun 27th, 2020 08:01 pm by frankiej

Current time is 08:35 pm Page:    1  2  Next Page Last Page    
San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico Forums > Topical Forums > San Carlos Forum > Any update on the Leys SC employees having the virus ? Top

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2014 Data 1 Systems