San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico Forums Home 

San Carlos Mexico Forum
Welcome to our forum. In order to post in our forums you must be registered. Please take a minute to register to enjoy the full benefits of the forum. Registration is FREE and your information is kept private. When registering, please make sure your email address is entered correctly-if incorrect, you will not receive your validation message. Please do not use your email address as your user name for your own privacy and security. Gmail account users should check spam or trash folders for our validation message after initial registration. We also suggest you add host@sancarlosmexico.com to your white list.

This message board requires you to register in order to post new topics, reply to topics started by other users, start polls, or vote on polls. As a registered user, you can edit your own posts, upload photos and view our photo gallery, and send private messages to other members of the board. Registered users can keep track of the topics they are interested in, and receive e-mail notifications when someone posts to one of those topics. Registered users can choose a theme and setup a profile, to include hometown, email & web address and avatar if desired.
We do ask that you post in the appropriate forum-look over the subjects and topics of all forums including the mercado section before making your first post. Posts in the wrong forum or not related to San Carlos may be moved or deleted without notice.
Please take a moment and register to enjoy all the benefits of the forum.
Bienvenidos!

Moderated by: bartmanaz Page:  First Page Previous Page  1  2  3  Next Page Last Page  
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
why so much misinformation??  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Thu May 21st, 2020 03:39 am
  PM Quote Reply
21st Post
johnmoore

Mana: 
Frankie, not for over one hundred years, has the World been inflicted by such a pandemic...that is over 100 years....yes a first go round for all of the principals. Proof, when was the last time you had this experience Frankie?

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Posted: Thu May 21st, 2020 04:11 am
  PM Quote Reply
22nd Post
Bullshipper

Mana: 
How long did you lock down for any of the previous epidemics you mentioned Frank?? Were you even asked to?

I know Mexico had more troubles with swine flu, but the others were non compromising events in my life. And they were epidemics, not pandemics because people that got them felt bad quickly and didn't move around infecting others.

The fact is that 85% of the world's population cannot stop working, so with that many in need, and especially with some people feeling just minor symptoms, this will be with us until there is a vaccine or until everyone gets it, killing off the weak and old. World unification is not going to feed the world, and we are now depending on individual scientific breakthroughs more than ever. Thank god this happened in the modern age of medicine with computers to help speed things up.

Posted: Thu May 21st, 2020 04:18 am
  PM Quote Reply
23rd Post
frankiej

Mana: 
johnmoore wrote: Frankie, not for over one hundred years, has the World been inflicted by such a pandemic...that is over 100 years....yes a first go round for all of the principals. Proof, when was the last time you had this experience Frankie?
i concede to any experience or knowledge of a pandemic!

how ever in the recent past EPIDEMICS where stopped in there tracks, through world wide cooperation, WHO,CDC, ECT;! they where  H1N1 "swine flu", and the "avian flu" to name a few!! 
i remember seeing people here in Guaymas being cautious wearing face masks for the swine flu, the hiways quarantined for transportation of swine!!!! in Arizona my cousin, a nurse Cecelia Guerra was one of the first fatal victims in the USA!!!
Swine influenza - Wikipedia
Avian influenza - Wikipedia

Last edited on Thu May 21st, 2020 04:19 am by frankiej

Posted: Thu May 21st, 2020 04:36 am
  PM Quote Reply
24th Post
frankiej

Mana: 
Bullshipper wrote:
The fact is that 85% of the world's population cannot stop working, so with that many in need, and especially with some people feeling just minor symptoms, this will be with us until there is a vaccine or until everyone gets it, killing off the weak and old

i don't believe 85% of the world's population is working, 70% is considered high 50% low!!! but if you meant 85% of the world's working population, i will buy that! 
Employment-to-population ratio - Wikipedia
this is what this thread is about, misinformation!

what i am quoting that you wrote, is the conundrum of the problem! 
i doubt seriously if 5% of the readers or their spouses of this forum don't fall into the vulnerable category!
we will be the sacrificial lambs, the expendable pawns in this global experiment!

Last edited on Thu May 21st, 2020 04:46 am by frankiej

Posted: Thu May 21st, 2020 04:55 am
  PM Quote Reply
25th Post
frankiej

Mana: 
Bullshipper wrote: How long did you lock down for any of the previous epidemics you mentioned Frank?? Were you even asked to?
 my answer is NO!! i did avoid populous areas! we where never asked to lock down!
that is the difference of containing an epidemic before it reaches pandemic proportions!

Pandemic vs. Epidemic: What is the Difference? | Merriam-Webster

Posted: Thu May 21st, 2020 12:58 pm
  PM Quote Reply
26th Post
frankiej

Mana: 
i started this thread to help understand why there is so much misinformation and conspiracy theories!
i must confess i am GUILTY of misinforming! in my post #19 i used the word "PANDEMIC" when i should have used the word "EPIDEMIC"! 
my ignorance started a flurry of posts! i, defensively countered my point, when i should have excepted my ERROR and made atonement for it!

this thread has been a good exercise about misinformation! 

the convid- 19 virus is a MULTIFACETED problem!
* the virus itself
* the economic consequences
* the fear of uncertainty 
* the acceptance of a daily unforgiving mortality rate
* the learning curb of survival and coping
* there also appears to be 2 definite camps of thought "US" and "THEM", "LEFT and "RIGHT" no matter what country your in 

Posted: Thu May 21st, 2020 06:59 pm
  PM Quote Reply
27th Post
johnmoore

Mana: 
We are living in an era of misinformation, most of this is agenda driven, and now we are at the point where we believe no media outlet. Unfortunately this has spilled over and into the Covid reporting. As unhealthy as the political misinformation is, it pales when comparing it to the bad spread of news concerning Covid. To compound and exacerbate the situation the two have now found a way to converge, resulting in Covid/Political misinformation......this Country is absolutely instercoursed up!!!!

Posted: Thu May 21st, 2020 07:51 pm
  PM Quote Reply
28th Post
Bullshipper

Mana: 
johnmoore wrote: We are living in an era of misinformation, most of this is agenda driven, and now we are at the point where we believe no media outlet. Unfortunately this has spilled over and into the Covid reporting. As unhealthy as the political misinformation is, it pales when comparing it to the bad spread of news concerning Covid. To compound and exacerbate the situation the two have now found a way to converge, resulting in Covid/Political misinformation......this Country is absolutely instercoursed up!!!!

John, please look at mylast post on the Coronavirus Thread- some good news, and it looks like Trumps staff came through.

Posted: Thu May 21st, 2020 08:12 pm
  PM Quote Reply
29th Post
johnmoore

Mana: 
#28, I read your post you found on Yahoo, appears to be good news. I stand by my post #27, and do not see the correlation between my post and the yahoo editorial.

Posted: Thu May 21st, 2020 08:37 pm
  PM Quote Reply
30th Post
Bullshipper

Mana: 
I was referring to Post #18 on this thread John. Sorry, I wasn't clear.

Posted: Thu May 21st, 2020 10:19 pm
  PM Quote Reply
31st Post
Jimmy

Mana: 
johnmoore wrote: Frankie, not for over one hundred years, has the World been inflicted by such a pandemic...that is over 100 years....yes a first go round for all of the principals. Proof, when was the last time you had this experience Frankie?

https://www.cdc.gov/flu/pandemic-resources/1968-pandemic.html---------Hong Kong Flu of 1968....NO Closed down. I have issue with the Covid Death Count---When Bonus money is paid for a Covid death then I suspect greed plays a role.

Posted: Thu May 21st, 2020 10:49 pm
  PM Quote Reply
32nd Post
johnmoore

Mana: 
I was alive in 1968, I do not remember the effect of the Hong Kong Flu causing the chaos. and having the grip that Covid seems to have. Obviously it was a serious pandemic if the stats quoted are to be believed. That being said I stand corrected, as to "not for over one hundred years"

Posted: Thu Jun 25th, 2020 01:13 pm
  PM Quote Reply
33rd Post
frankiej

Mana: 
i started this thread May 15th, because of my concern of ALL the misinformation about!
it is now apparent that posters deliberately and covertly are spreading and condoning misinformation!
some are easy to spot and some posters see them as entertaining! others are covert and well crafted with "smoke and mirrors"! the last mentioned have an agenda, they find our soft spots and inject confusion, NEVER PASTING REFERENCES! these individuals hide under a clout of anonymity, we have no idea who they really are!

smoke and mirrors is even apparent in this thread!!

we are in extremely precarious times, it is sad we can not find unity to fight a common enemy!

STAY SAFE, STAY HEALTHY!!!!!!

Frank Romero  "FULL TIME SAN CARLOS RESIDENT"

Last edited on Thu Jun 25th, 2020 01:29 pm by frankiej

Posted: Thu Jun 25th, 2020 01:47 pm
  PM Quote Reply
34th Post
johnmoore

Mana: 
frankie speaks of "clout of anonymity", first of all what is a clout of anonymity? CLOUT???? Some people use monikers, as they post on various sites taking advantage of literary anonymity, which, in all journalistic circles is acceptable. It also allow a poster to walk down Beltrones without people pointing and saying, there goes that idiot, that posts on the San Carlos Forum. Then there are paranoid posters that have no problem proclaiming their true identity and love it when folks on Beltrones say there goes that idiot, after all some attention is better than none at all...

Posted: Thu Jun 25th, 2020 01:53 pm
  PM Quote Reply
35th Post
frankiej

Mana: 
when you set a TRAP sometimes you get a skunk!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted: Thu Jun 25th, 2020 02:07 pm
  PM Quote Reply
36th Post
johnmoore

Mana: 
And some people, small in stature and even smaller in mental capacity can't handle even a trapped prey. Yet, here are some tactics to use for the common paranoid trapper:

Helping Someone Who Is Paranoid
Don't argue. ...
Use simple directions, if needed. ...
Give the person enough personal space so that he or she does not feel trapped or surrounded. ...
Call for help if you think anyone is in danger.
Move the person away from the cause of the fear or from noise and activity, if possible. ...
Focus the person on what is real.

Posted: Thu Jun 25th, 2020 03:43 pm
  PM Quote Reply
37th Post
frankiej

Mana: 
this thread is about MISINFORMATION!!!!!!!!!!!!
my post #33 here i was addressing misinformation!
i mentioned NO names and i did not refer to any particular posts!

the point in my post #33 has been vividly and unquestionably made, by the poster who unwittingly OUTED himself, and has demonstrated his tactics;
* disclose empowerment of anonymity
* discredit
* apply personal disparaging remarks
* divide
* distract from issue
* misinform
* self justification
* all remaining anonymous because of insecurities 
* ALL AGENDA DRIVEN " as if from some sort of "TROLLING MANIFESTO"!

i don't walk the street of Beltrones, when i do enter San Carlos my head is held high, for my accomplishments and long friendships i have EARNED here!

Last edited on Sat Jun 27th, 2020 03:11 pm by frankiej

Posted: Thu Jun 25th, 2020 06:00 pm
  PM Quote Reply
38th Post
long time resident

Mana: 
Well said Frankie! I have found that I can read a few different mexican news papers, the same article, but all three stories are different. Depends on the journalists take on the story. So much mis-information these days concerning the Covid-19. All I know is that it is much worse then the flu of 1968 (which lasted into 1970). 2 years from now, the death toll will be much higher.

Posted: Tue Jul 21st, 2020 07:21 pm
  PM Quote Reply
39th Post
frankiej

Mana: 
here are 2 examples of contrary reporting.

one says there will be a vaccine for Mexico, by December of this year.
Tendría México vacuna contra COVID-19 para diciembre de este año - Opinión Sonora

this one is more realistic, saying that lengthy trials we need to take place, probably never completely eliminating the virus, and we are looking at many years waiting.
"Improbable que la vacuna lo elimine para siempre": Científicos alertan de que el Covid-19 permanecerá muchos años

Last edited on Tue Jul 21st, 2020 07:23 pm by frankiej

Posted: Tue Jul 21st, 2020 07:31 pm
  PM Quote Reply
40th Post
johnmoore

Mana: 
Is it possible that both could be correct, for what is known at this time? Dr Fauci, and others are always being maligned as making mistakes and misstatements, no he is learning as he goes, as most of us are. If this pandemic was one that we had experienced before, most of the experts would be right on with prognosis, terms, and treatment. Unfortunately that is not the case. Do not depend on others for anything, protect yourself, follow advised guidelines, if you are doing that now, and have not been infected, what more do you need to know?

Current time is 09:00 pm Page:  First Page Previous Page  1  2  3  Next Page Last Page    
San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico Forums > Topical Forums > San Carlos Forum > why so much misinformation?? Top

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2014 Data 1 Systems