San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico Forums Home 
San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico Forums > Topical Forums > San Carlos Forum > PostNet for Remax Pickup - Charged at the Border

San Carlos Mexico Forum
Welcome to our forum. In order to post in our forums you must be registered. Please take a minute to register to enjoy the full benefits of the forum. Registration is FREE and your information is kept private. When registering, please make sure your email address is entered correctly-if incorrect, you will not receive your validation message. Please do not use your email address as your user name for your own privacy and security. Gmail account users should check spam or trash folders for our validation message after initial registration. We also suggest you add host@sancarlosmexico.com to your white list.

This message board requires you to register in order to post new topics, reply to topics started by other users, start polls, or vote on polls. As a registered user, you can edit your own posts, upload photos and view our photo gallery, and send private messages to other members of the board. Registered users can keep track of the topics they are interested in, and receive e-mail notifications when someone posts to one of those topics. Registered users can choose a theme and setup a profile, to include hometown, email & web address and avatar if desired.
We do ask that you post in the appropriate forum-look over the subjects and topics of all forums including the mercado section before making your first post. Posts in the wrong forum or not related to San Carlos may be moved or deleted without notice.
Please take a moment and register to enjoy all the benefits of the forum.
Bienvenidos!

Moderated by: bartmanaz
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
PostNet for Remax Pickup - Charged at the Border  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Sat Mar 21st, 2020 12:30 am
  PM Quote Reply
1st Post
suzmax

Mana: 
My husband just picked up packages from PostNet this afternoon and has just crossed the border back into Mexico. He was charged $3,824 pesos for the stuff for the mail group (not even for our own stuff which they didn't even look at, as it was in duffel bags!). He is one of the regulars who always brings down ALL the packages at PostNet for San Carlos every couple of months. We hope people will leave money at Remax to cover this cost. It will be for Mitch Maxwell. As John Bonhorst did (who also always picks up), we will donate any extra to the SBPA.He will run the packages over to Remax in the morning. Thank you!

EDIT: We have had a couple of people who had packages tell us theirs was only worth a small amount so they aren't paying. I need to be more clear: the border agent did not figure out how much all of it was worth. She just asked what it all was and Mitch said he didn't know as it was for the mail group. She opened some of the packages and then said she was charging him $1,000US for all of the mail group stuff which was in the back of our pickup (it has a topper). We certainly hope we don't have to pay the entire amount out of our own pocket when we were under the limit of what we can bring back for ourselves (not that she even looked at our stuff) and just trying to be nice and bring down everyone's stuff as we've always done. 

Last edited on Sat Mar 21st, 2020 09:41 pm by suzmax

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Posted: Sat Mar 21st, 2020 02:37 pm
  PM Quote Reply
2nd Post
Don

Mana: 
Thanks Mitch,  We will get you covered.

Posted: Sat Mar 21st, 2020 09:42 pm
  PM Quote Reply
3rd Post
suzmax

Mana: 
Thanks Don! Let's hope people pitch in!

Posted: Sat Mar 21st, 2020 11:19 pm
  PM Quote Reply
4th Post
390pony

Mana: 
I just can't believe that some people are refusing to pay! Even if their packages aren't worth much, they are worth something and you are doing them a service. Unbelievable. :(

Last edited on Sat Mar 21st, 2020 11:19 pm by 390pony

Posted: Sat Mar 21st, 2020 11:42 pm
  PM Quote Reply
5th Post
bartmanaz
Administrator

Mana: 
Who said they were refusing? Think you jumped to a conclusion on this one.

Posted: Sun Mar 22nd, 2020 12:20 am
  PM Quote Reply
6th Post
390pony

Mana: 
She says as much in her edited post.

Posted: Sun Mar 22nd, 2020 01:15 am
  PM Quote Reply
7th Post
bartmanaz
Administrator

Mana: 
Sorry. Did not see the edit

Posted: Sun Mar 22nd, 2020 02:10 am
  PM Quote Reply
8th Post
390pony

Mana: 
No problem.

Posted: Sun Mar 22nd, 2020 03:44 pm
  PM Quote Reply
9th Post
Gata Gal

Mana: 
I find it hard to believe that some people would not help out financially the couple who brought their mail down regardless of its value.  I appreciate anyone who is willing to bring mail and am saddened to hear that the inspection station is coming down hard on us.  I only hope those who decline helping financially will reconsider their decision.

Posted: Sun Mar 22nd, 2020 04:02 pm
  PM Quote Reply
10th Post
Don

Mana: 
I was on the desk yesterday and notified everyone picking  up mail of the situation.  Several did walk out without paying.  Most contrubuted generously. 

Posted: Sun Mar 22nd, 2020 04:21 pm
  PM Quote Reply
11th Post
long time resident

Mana: 
When I brought mail down, I always hid it. Only got nailed once. I let them open all of the packages, so the amount was less then what they originally asked for. It is a hard one. I had a used dress mailed to me in Mexico, worth about $10. They charged me $50, before they would even let me open the package. It is their country and they are goingto do whatever they want.

Posted: Sun Mar 22nd, 2020 04:47 pm
  PM Quote Reply
12th Post
suzmax

Mana: 
long time resident wrote: When I brought mail down, I always hid it. Only got nailed once. I let them open all of the packages, so the amount was less then what they originally asked for. It is a hard one. I had a used dress mailed to me in Mexico, worth about $10. They charged me $50, before they would even let me open the package. It is their country and they are goingto do whatever they want.

We've been bringing mail down for the Remax group for almost 2 years and we almost always pick up ALL of the packages PostNet has for San Carlos. We have never had to pay, but we always know that is a possibility. And there was too much of it to hide. Of course he "let" her open all of the packages that she wanted to open. She's in charge. She was just throwing stuff back into the pickup and not putting it back in the packages. And yes, it's their country. We just figured everyone would step up. It could have happened to anyone. 

Current time is 12:36 am  
San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico Forums > Topical Forums > San Carlos Forum > PostNet for Remax Pickup - Charged at the Border Top

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2014 Data 1 Systems