San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico Forums Home 

San Carlos Mexico Forum
Welcome to our forum. In order to post in our forums you must be registered. Please take a minute to register to enjoy the full benefits of the forum. Registration is FREE and your information is kept private. When registering, please make sure your email address is entered correctly-if incorrect, you will not receive your validation message. Please do not use your email address as your user name for your own privacy and security. Gmail account users should check spam or trash folders for our validation message after initial registration. We also suggest you add host@sancarlosmexico.com to your white list.

This message board requires you to register in order to post new topics, reply to topics started by other users, start polls, or vote on polls. As a registered user, you can edit your own posts, upload photos and view our photo gallery, and send private messages to other members of the board. Registered users can keep track of the topics they are interested in, and receive e-mail notifications when someone posts to one of those topics. Registered users can choose a theme and setup a profile, to include hometown, email & web address and avatar if desired.
We do ask that you post in the appropriate forum-look over the subjects and topics of all forums including the mercado section before making your first post. Posts in the wrong forum or not related to San Carlos may be moved or deleted without notice.
Please take a moment and register to enjoy all the benefits of the forum.
Bienvenidos!

Moderated by: bartmanaz Page:  First Page Previous Page  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next Page Last Page  
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
Closing USA-MEXICO border  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Sun Mar 29th, 2020 02:03 am
  PM Quote Reply
81st Post
RichD

Mana: 
Thanks, will pass along the information. It seems clear that travel from the US to San Carlos for residents of San Carlos is permitted, the only question is what documentation of residency they will accept.

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Posted: Sun Mar 29th, 2020 02:14 pm
  PM Quote Reply
82nd Post
IronMan

Mana: 
It is somewhat entertaining that the majority of posters felt as though it was possible that Mexico was excluded somehow, and needed to just close it's borders to stay safe. I'll have to re-read and see if anyone REALLY considered lack of testing, diagnosis, or reporting as the REAL REASON pointing to the incredible possibility there were only one, or two, or five cases. If you review the current Johns Hopkins University world map of statistics, you will see two things: Mexico is now reporting 848 cases, and the reporting is "lumped" as the entire country. Most of the worlds larger populations have provided "realtime", detailed  reporting by regions and cities; does it seem like maybe we have no idea of the actual statistics in Mexico? You are aware of the amount of trade and tourism coming into Mexico from China, Europe, Asia that does not cross the border in a wheeled vehicle?
 https://gisanddata.maps.arcgis.com/apps/opsdashboard/index.html?fbclid=IwAR2g2Cqj89lwo4JbsbmVV3OrlML6IQF2htRytERH19HZ3jfyKUHyeR7_-ho#/bda7594740fd40299423467b48e9ecf6

Posted: Sun Mar 29th, 2020 03:51 pm
  PM Quote Reply
83rd Post
frankie

Mana: 
IronMan wrote:
[highlight= rgb(248, 248, 248);]Mexico is now reporting 848 cases, and the reporting is "lumped" as the entire country. 

Ironman, this is not correct if you scroll through the many pasted posts provided by Bart and others, you will clearly see each state in Mexico is itemized with confirmed cases and deaths.

Comunicado_Tecnico_Diario_COVID-19_2020.03.28.pdf

Posted: Sun Mar 29th, 2020 04:58 pm
  PM Quote Reply
84th Post
bartmanaz
Administrator

Mana: 
Well IM is correct that JHU is reporting all of Latin and South America in a lumped fashion. You have to dig a bit to get specifics on Mexico and the state of Sonora. On the other thread on covid 19 we learn there are now 14 cases in Sonora and two in Guaymas.

Posted: Sun Mar 29th, 2020 05:16 pm
  PM Quote Reply
85th Post
Jimmy

Mana: 
Please look at this CDC report on 2019-2020 USA FLU statics-------and compare with Covid-19 statics ---------------------https://www.cdc.gov/flu/about/burden/preliminary-in-season-estimates.htm

The difference is Shocking----Something Ain't Right about Covid-19 Reporting (Propaganda---To Cause---The Hysterical, Gullible, Raging, Paranoid, Panicking, Masses to believe they are all certainly going to DIE).... 

I ROTFLOL when AZ Senator Sinema said ""MILLIONS OF AMERICANS ARE GOING TO DIE""

All of this info is available to research---Frankie, apparently not all Type A personalities have the gift of perception.. 

Last edited on Sun Mar 29th, 2020 05:30 pm by Jimmy

Posted: Mon Mar 30th, 2020 05:02 am
  PM Quote Reply
86th Post
IronMan

Mana: 
Jimmy, I am afraid we are on different paths - I believe you will hear Tuesday the US goes into "lockdown" and I believe you will see over 1000 fatalities per week, and eventually per day

Posted: Mon Mar 30th, 2020 06:24 am
  PM Quote Reply
87th Post
Jimmy

Mana: 
Ironman- I got my ticket for the show---Let the Show Begin..I think that it is a Dud, but time will tell.....In January I was Sick in Bed for 8 days with what I thought was the Flu..I had had the Real Flu once before in the mid 90's--It Was BAD,really BAD. I was sick in bed for days with a residual brain fog for weeks.... This January was bad but a lot milder, constant coughing, fever and Fatigue but no brain fog. Did I already have the Covid-19??? Well, I will be watching for the "Body Count"!!! When the Body count In the USA goes above 65,000 then I will accept that we have a plague. I have over 1 years of Prepper supplies on hand so I don't have to go out of the house....Then again, maybe I have already had the Covid-19 and therefore have the antibodies..(I am also aware that the Mass Media has a vested political interest in causing Hysteria in the US)  

Last edited on Mon Mar 30th, 2020 06:26 am by Jimmy

Posted: Mon Mar 30th, 2020 01:17 pm
  PM Quote Reply
88th Post
IronMan

Mana: 
We have a young lady at DRG who feels she had it during the same period, but I fall back on the position of "how could she be the only one?". Meantime, trying to avoid people, customer base in Sonora announcing shutdowns starting today, and staying prepared.
"Not a good time for break-ins; there is enough ammo and bleach out there to make a police report optional"...

Posted: Mon Mar 30th, 2020 04:13 pm
  PM Quote Reply
89th Post
RichD

Mana: 
We will never know how bad it would have been if precautionary measures were not taken. I hope it does not take off in Mexico like it has in the US. Maintaining distance and washing your hands are not that difficult, why wouldn't you do it?

Posted: Mon Mar 30th, 2020 05:22 pm
  PM Quote Reply
90th Post
390pony

Mana: 
I believe I had it, too, while in San Carlos over the Christmas and New Year holidays. I was sick enough one day that I went to my boat, and then decided not to dive, and that never happens.

Posted: Fri Apr 3rd, 2020 09:02 pm
  PM Quote Reply
91st Post
RichD

Mana: 
FYI, my friend is back in San Carlos. He said nobody asked him anything. So much for the border being closed.

Posted: Fri Apr 3rd, 2020 09:09 pm
  PM Quote Reply
92nd Post
frankiej

Mana: 
good news!! tell him welcome home!

Posted: Fri Apr 3rd, 2020 09:23 pm
  PM Quote Reply
93rd Post
Kiwi

Mana: 
where did he cross coming South? Mariposa or Doconcini ?

Posted: Fri Apr 3rd, 2020 09:51 pm
  PM Quote Reply
94th Post
RichD

Mana: 
Mariposa.

Posted: Fri Apr 3rd, 2020 09:57 pm
  PM Quote Reply
95th Post
Mike Rivers

Mana: 
Jimmy wrote: Please look at this CDC report on 2019-2020 USA FLU statics-------and compare with Covid-19 statics ---------------------https://www.cdc.gov/flu/about/burden/preliminary-in-season-estimates.htm

The difference is Shocking----Something Ain't Right about Covid-19 Reporting (Propaganda---To Cause---The Hysterical, Gullible, Raging, Paranoid, Panicking, Masses to believe they are all certainly going to DIE).... 

I ROTFLOL when AZ Senator Sinema said ""MILLIONS OF AMERICANS ARE GOING TO DIE""

All of this info is available to research---Frankie, apparently not all Type A personalities have the gift of perception.. 

according to CDC stats, this has the potential to kill 2% of the population. with a population of 329.45 million in 2019, well....... you do the math..

Last edited on Fri Apr 3rd, 2020 09:57 pm by Mike Rivers

Posted: Fri Apr 3rd, 2020 10:19 pm
  PM Quote Reply
96th Post
Kiwi

Mana: 
thank you Rich D as we also had someone go North on Tuesday and return on thursday (yesterday) and they did not incounter any thing above normal. 
they crossed coming and going at Mariposa. Think with what I've heard and seen on the web cams that coming south on Deconcini was the only place being checked by the Mexican Health dept or whatever. 

Posted: Sat Apr 4th, 2020 01:50 am
  PM Quote Reply
97th Post
frankie

Mana: 
i am pleased that richd's friend made it home! but i find it deeply concerning the lackadaisical enforcement of a closed border by both Mexico and the USA!
it can be assumed that richd's friend made an effort to come prepared for an easy crossing!

this is real!!
 i just saw on a report more than 1,400 people died today in the USA!

Posted: Sat Apr 4th, 2020 01:53 am
  PM Quote Reply
98th Post
Jimmy

Mana: 
Mike Rivers wrote: Jimmy wrote: Please look at this CDC report on 2019-2020 USA FLU statics-------and compare with Covid-19 statics ---------------------https://www.cdc.gov/flu/about/burden/preliminary-in-season-estimates.htm

according to CDC stats, this has the potential to kill 2% of the population. with a population of 329.45 million in 2019, well....... you do the math..

I Call BS, I just ain't buyin it....Wake me up when we get to a verified 1,000 Covid-19 deaths per day for 30 continuous days in the US...I am a man who counts results, you can't take "Theory"(an educated hunch) to the bank...

Last edited on Sat Apr 4th, 2020 01:56 am by Jimmy

Posted: Sat Apr 4th, 2020 02:57 pm
  PM Quote Reply
99th Post
RichD

Mana: 
Frankie, yeah he had copies of bills etc but no one asked for them. First hand experience in Mexico is more accurate than what regulations are supposed to be. Good go know that people can get to their homes in San Carlos but screening of people coming into Mexico is not happening. Things are fluid in Mexico, next week might be something different.

Posted: Sun Apr 5th, 2020 12:58 pm
  PM Quote Reply
100th Post
IronMan

Mana: 
Wait until april 26th and tell me then if Mexico is affected...
https://gisanddata.maps.arcgis.com/apps/opsdashboard/index.html?fbclid=IwAR2g2Cqj89lwo4JbsbmVV3OrlML6IQF2htRytERH19HZ3jfyKUHyeR7_-ho#/bda7594740fd40299423467b48e9ecf6

Current time is 07:21 am Page:  First Page Previous Page  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next Page Last Page    
San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico Forums > Topical Forums > San Carlos Forum > Closing USA-MEXICO border Top

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2014 Data 1 Systems