San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico Forums Home 

San Carlos Mexico Forum
Welcome to our forum. In order to post in our forums you must be registered. Please take a minute to register to enjoy the full benefits of the forum. Registration is FREE and your information is kept private. When registering, please make sure your email address is entered correctly-if incorrect, you will not receive your validation message. Please do not use your email address as your user name for your own privacy and security. Gmail account users should check spam or trash folders for our validation message after initial registration. We also suggest you add host@sancarlosmexico.com to your white list.

This message board requires you to register in order to post new topics, reply to topics started by other users, start polls, or vote on polls. As a registered user, you can edit your own posts, upload photos and view our photo gallery, and send private messages to other members of the board. Registered users can keep track of the topics they are interested in, and receive e-mail notifications when someone posts to one of those topics. Registered users can choose a theme and setup a profile, to include hometown, email & web address and avatar if desired.
We do ask that you post in the appropriate forum-look over the subjects and topics of all forums including the mercado section before making your first post. Posts in the wrong forum or not related to San Carlos may be moved or deleted without notice.
Please take a moment and register to enjoy all the benefits of the forum.
Bienvenidos!

Moderated by: bartmanaz Page:  First Page Previous Page  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next Page Last Page  
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
Closing USA-MEXICO border  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Thu Mar 26th, 2020 05:43 pm
  PM Quote Reply
61st Post
JMoore

Mana: 
So Ron, from your post, I am assuming we live in a part of the world that imports the virus, or at least has opened it's borders to the possibility of people bringing the virus south, while professing to have cooperated with the U.S. by closing it's borders...……...right Does not make a lot of sense to me to be here at this time. Frankie was considering leaving back a while because of the crime, I'll take the crime over this.....

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Posted: Thu Mar 26th, 2020 06:12 pm
  PM Quote Reply
62nd Post
JMoore

Mana: 
This was sent to me from Viva:

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-52053656

Mexican protesters have shut a US southern border crossing amid fears that untested American travellers will spread coronavirus.
Residents in Sonora, south of the US state of Arizona, have promised to block traffic into Mexico for a second day after closing a checkpoint for hours on Wednesday.
They wore face masks and held signs telling Americans to "stay at home"

Posted: Thu Mar 26th, 2020 07:42 pm
  PM Quote Reply
63rd Post
chucklesg

Mana: 
Who can blame them for trying to close the border with AZ.  Sonora has only 5 cases and AZ over 400. 

I was told recently that Trump consulting the ghost of Abe Lincoln, and asked him what to do.

Lincoln told him "Go to a play"

Posted: Thu Mar 26th, 2020 07:44 pm
  PM Quote Reply
64th Post
Sunseeker

Mana: 
Sorry to hear that border travel is not restricted.   Too my knowledge,  confirmed cases in Sonora traveled outside the region.  So we don't have community spread YET!  Our only best if not only way to keep San Carlos virus free is to not have it introduced from outside.   Thank you for self quarantining.  Not everyone coming here will be as compliant with the guidelines :(

Posted: Thu Mar 26th, 2020 07:54 pm
  PM Quote Reply
65th Post
Kiwi

Mana: 
We hope the cases in Sonora as well as all of Mexico are correct but for some reason it's hard to believe .  Testing??????? not much if at all and what kind? and a President that takes it with a grain of salt.   

Posted: Thu Mar 26th, 2020 08:01 pm
  PM Quote Reply
66th Post
Xicotencatl

Mana: 
A federal Judge hat granted an Amparo today to private citizens from Nogales and has ordered the Mexican Federal Governmwnt to perform a partial close to non essential traveling for non Mexican Citizens into Mexico.

Irrespective of the number of cases on each side of the border, the Mexican president is leading as one of the world most irresponsible head of state before this crisis.

It is good that laws still exist and prevails on this amparo, he cannot disobey this Judge order.

Posted: Thu Mar 26th, 2020 08:52 pm
  PM Quote Reply
67th Post
Hook

Mana: 
How about a link to the Amparo you are referring to?

Posted: Thu Mar 26th, 2020 09:31 pm
  PM Quote Reply
68th Post
Bullshipper

Mana: 
Same thing is going on in New York as folks from infected high density areas travelled to their summer beach homes, infecting grocery stores while buying up the essentials that the locals didn't have a budget to stock up on.
My wife needs Chloroquinal for her existing problems, and Trumps announcement that this might help to alleviate some symptoms prompted people to clean out the pharmacies here. Nob's heading north did the same for themselves and took extra for friends and currently there isn't a box of 20 to be had in Sonora, but you can get on a waiting lists.

So, if you had Lupus and no medicine, how who you feel about a lot of tourists coming in from infected areas?

The border is not closed to essential traffic, carrying food, medical supplies, etc north and south. But it is closed to tourists. So I really can't blame the citizens of Nogales from getting frustrated and protecting their families for a month or so.

Last edited on Thu Mar 26th, 2020 09:34 pm by Bullshipper

Posted: Thu Mar 26th, 2020 11:47 pm
  PM Quote Reply
69th Post
MARIGOT

Mana: 
Who will get an Amparo to require limitations on the airline flights coming into Mexico from highly infected countries?
I hope something is done about that issue soon...better late than never.

Last edited on Thu Mar 26th, 2020 11:47 pm by MARIGOT

Posted: Fri Mar 27th, 2020 02:56 pm
  PM Quote Reply
70th Post
frankie

Mana: 
Ponen filtros sanitarios en garitas de cruce de EU a Sonora

it appears Sonora is stepping up prevention measures entering Mexico.
your temperature could be taken entering, to evaluate if you may have symptoms of concid-19  

Last edited on Fri Mar 27th, 2020 02:58 pm by frankie

Posted: Sat Mar 28th, 2020 03:10 pm
  PM Quote Reply
71st Post
RichD

Mana: 

Last edited on Sat Mar 28th, 2020 09:12 pm by RichD

Posted: Sat Mar 28th, 2020 03:32 pm
  PM Quote Reply
72nd Post
frankie

Mana: 
this thread was started on March 19, much information has been posted with good intentions! 
i think at this point it's all a "wait and see" situation!

Posted: Sat Mar 28th, 2020 06:19 pm
  PM Quote Reply
73rd Post
Righton

Mana: 
Amazing. Canada closed its borders, Mexico did the same, but when Trump wanted to close its borders he was called a racist by the democrats. Go figure

Posted: Sat Mar 28th, 2020 08:08 pm
  PM Quote Reply
74th Post
frankie

Mana: 
* Canada and the USA "MUTUALLY" agreed to close the northern border
* Mexican and the USA "MUTUALLY" agreed to close the southern border
* both agreements where to allow for essential travel

accusing an entire political party for the errors of a few, is why our country remains divided even in these times WE ALL NEED TO BE UNITED!

i am an INDEPENDENT, because BOTH parties have lost their way!

Last edited on Sat Mar 28th, 2020 09:54 pm by frankie

Posted: Sat Mar 28th, 2020 09:11 pm
  PM Quote Reply
75th Post
RichD

Mana: 
Is there first hand experience of what is going on when going South? Are they asking for proof of residence? What is being accepted? Are they really taking your temperature? What happens if your temp is high? Thanks in advance for leaving politics out of it. I have a friend recovering from surgery in Arizona and he is curious about going home.

Posted: Sat Mar 28th, 2020 09:57 pm
  PM Quote Reply
76th Post
frankie

Mana: 
from what i understand, he can travel back home!
what is not clear, at least to me, is back and forth travel from NOB home to Mexico home.
many have homes in both countries!

Posted: Sat Mar 28th, 2020 10:58 pm
  PM Quote Reply
77th Post
RichD

Mana: 
His home is in San Carlos. Requesting information about crossing going South.

Posted: Sat Mar 28th, 2020 11:04 pm
  PM Quote Reply
78th Post
frankie

Mana: 
i think if he can provide some sort of resident status in Mexico, he should be fine.
it's complicated, and probably depends a lot on how is coming down, ie; Mexican plated car, Arizona plated car.
i know the people providing package and mail services are still active. one though in all fairness has duel citizenship!

P.S. i live here with a " permanent resident card", i am remaining isolated in my home. i drive a vehicle with Sonoran plates. currently i have no valid reason to go NOB. nor do i want to subject myself to be possibly being detained on either side for what ever reason!

Last edited on Sat Mar 28th, 2020 11:13 pm by frankie

Posted: Sat Mar 28th, 2020 11:19 pm
  PM Quote Reply
79th Post
Bullshipper

Mana: 
Rich,
When the order came from Trump and Lopez Obrador on the 19th, a supplier sent me a copy what I assume his import broker put together for his clients in spanish. I am attaching it below in spanish, as it came to me for your info as it explains in a lot more detail what both countiries are using as guidelines for essential travel form March 20 -April 20th. As you can see, Tourist travel is practically the only travel that is banned.
I realize that this is not as specific as one would like, but I believe your friend will not be stopped, especially if he can show a copy of the below notification perhaps along with a recent power or telephone bill, or bank statement from his place in San Carlos, along with a bill from his Dr showing his surgery in the states, as these are usually the documents required by the Mexican and american governments to prove recent residency.
I won't translate this into English as

Estimados Clientes:
Los presidentes Donald Trump y Andrés Manuel López Obrador anunciaron que Estados Unidos y México acordaron mutuamente cerrar la frontera entre los dos países al tráfico no esencial el dia de hoy. Este movimiento se realiza como un esfuerzo para contener la pandemia global COVID-19.
La frontera se cerrará temporalmente para el tráfico no esencial a partir de mañana, sábado 21 de marzo y estará en vigor hasta el 20 de abril de 2020.
Esta orden no afecta el trafico comercial por lo tanto el cruce comercial permanecerá ininterrumpidos, lo que significa que el tratado de libre comercio entre USA/Mexico y Canada continuará como de costumbre.
En más detalle se ha clasificado "viajes esenciales" como:
• Ciudadanos estadounidenses y residentes permanentes legales que regresan a los Estados Unidos
• Individuos que viajan con fines médicos (por ejemplo, para recibir tratamiento médico en los EE.UU.)
• Individuos que viajan para asistir a instituciones educativas
• Individuos que viajan a trabajar en los Estados Unidos
• Individuos que viajan con fines de respuesta de emergencia y salud pública (por ejemplo, funcionarios del gobierno o servicios de emergencia que ingresan a los EE. UU. para apoyar los esfuerzos del gobierno para responder a COVID-19 u otras emergencias)
• Individuos que se dedican al comercio transfronterizo legal (por ejemplo, conductores de camiones que apoyan el movimiento de carga entre los Estados Unidos y Canadá)
• Individuos involucrados en viajes oficiales del gobierno o diplomáticos
• Miembros de las Fuerzas Armadas de los Estados Unidos, y los cónyuges e hijos de las Fuerzas Armadas de los EE. UU., que regresan a los EE.UU.
• Individuos involucrados en viajes u operaciones relacionadas con el ejército

NON ESSENTIAL PROHIBITED TRAVEL
Seguridad Nacional clasifica lo siguiente como viajes "no esenciales":
• Individuos que viajan con fines turísticos (por ejemplo, visitas turísticas, recreación o asistir a eventos culturales)

Posted: Sat Mar 28th, 2020 11:28 pm
  PM Quote Reply
80th Post
frankie

Mana: 
Bullshipper wrote: Rich,
I believe your friend will not be stopped, especially if he can show a copy of the below notification perhaps along with a recent power or telephone bill, or bank statement from his place in San Carlos, along with a bill from his Dr showing his surgery in the states, as these are usually the documents required by the Mexican and american governments to prove recent residency.

Rich, so now you have 2 similar opinions, from 2 individuals, who both live here, both speak Spanish and both well connected!
GOOD LUCK and keep us informed!

Current time is 08:41 am Page:  First Page Previous Page  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next Page Last Page    
San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico Forums > Topical Forums > San Carlos Forum > Closing USA-MEXICO border Top

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2014 Data 1 Systems