San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico Forums Home 

San Carlos Mexico Forum
Welcome to our forum. In order to post in our forums you must be registered. Please take a minute to register to enjoy the full benefits of the forum. Registration is FREE and your information is kept private. When registering, please make sure your email address is entered correctly-if incorrect, you will not receive your validation message. Please do not use your email address as your user name for your own privacy and security. Gmail account users should check spam or trash folders for our validation message after initial registration. We also suggest you add host@sancarlosmexico.com to your white list.

This message board requires you to register in order to post new topics, reply to topics started by other users, start polls, or vote on polls. As a registered user, you can edit your own posts, upload photos and view our photo gallery, and send private messages to other members of the board. Registered users can keep track of the topics they are interested in, and receive e-mail notifications when someone posts to one of those topics. Registered users can choose a theme and setup a profile, to include hometown, email & web address and avatar if desired.
We do ask that you post in the appropriate forum-look over the subjects and topics of all forums including the mercado section before making your first post. Posts in the wrong forum or not related to San Carlos may be moved or deleted without notice.
Please take a moment and register to enjoy all the benefits of the forum.
Bienvenidos!

Moderated by: bartmanaz Page:  First Page Previous Page  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next Page Last Page  
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
Closing USA-MEXICO border  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Sat Mar 21st, 2020 12:45 am
  PM Quote Reply
21st Post
jsprag

Mana: 
Marigot,

In a news conference this morning Pompeo said that said Mexico was open to Mexican citizens and residents. Take that for what it's worth. I hate to speculate on what constitutes proof of residency. That said it is my understanding tourist permits will not be issued without proof of residency. So will have to see. Again this is a fluid situation it appears nothing is absolute

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Posted: Sat Mar 21st, 2020 12:50 am
  PM Quote Reply
22nd Post
frankie

Mana: 
hook, thanks for being on top of this with REAL factual information!

Posted: Sat Mar 21st, 2020 01:16 am
  PM Quote Reply
23rd Post
long time resident

Mana: 
Trump made his speech today, and the border will close at midnight, for nonessential travel. Work and medical are a couple of the exceptions, but they are not letting people going down as tourist to visit, nor come up for the same reasons.

Posted: Sat Mar 21st, 2020 03:14 am
  PM Quote Reply
24th Post
Bullshipper

Mana: 
Its pretty clear that tourism travel is really the only thing that's restricted. If you going to work (daily), go home, go to see a dr, are in the military, are going to volunter to help, delivering commercial goods, etc, is all classified as essential travel. 

Says nothing about traveling to go to funerals, so I just hope that doesn't become our reason to travel in the future.

But to me, saying they have closed the border is a pretty big spin on the real truth. Almost like fake news.

Posted: Sat Mar 21st, 2020 02:57 pm
  PM Quote Reply
25th Post
Hook

Mana: 
Looking at the border cams for both crossings in Nogales. Absolutely no one in line at all! And no trucks in the picture, either!

What the heck it going on?

There must have been more Mexicans in line, who shop in the US, than I realized.

Posted: Sat Mar 21st, 2020 03:06 pm
  PM Quote Reply
26th Post
IronMan

Mana: 
There are no images on the webcams now........

Posted: Sat Mar 21st, 2020 03:21 pm
  PM Quote Reply
27th Post
Hook

Mana: 
The El Imparcial ones seem to be working fine for me. About a 15 minute delay on the time stamp on the Mariposa crossing and the date is one day off. One day in the future, not the past.

Last edited on Sat Mar 21st, 2020 03:50 pm by Hook

Posted: Sat Mar 21st, 2020 04:54 pm
  PM Quote Reply
28th Post
Hook

Mana: 
Normal truck traffic now. Virtually no passenger cars.

Posted: Sat Mar 21st, 2020 05:01 pm
  PM Quote Reply
29th Post
frankie

Mana: 
$1.00 usd = 24.437 pesos

Last edited on Sat Mar 21st, 2020 05:01 pm by frankie

Posted: Sat Mar 21st, 2020 08:32 pm
  PM Quote Reply
30th Post
long time resident

Mana: 
It is only going to get worse. Stay inside.

Posted: Sun Mar 22nd, 2020 01:46 am
  PM Quote Reply
31st Post
IronMan

Mana: 
Hook wrote: The El Imparcial ones seem to be working fine for me. About a 15 minute delay on the time stamp on the Mariposa crossing and the date is one day off. One day in the future, not the past.I have the same shortcut I have used for a while, but I have a blank white screen still?

Posted: Sun Mar 22nd, 2020 01:47 am
  PM Quote Reply
32nd Post
IronMan

Mana: 
https://www.elimparcial.com/site/garitas/

Posted: Sun Mar 22nd, 2020 02:19 am
  PM Quote Reply
33rd Post
Kiwi

Mana: 
IronMan: I get a white screen also but if I wait t comes up.

Posted: Mon Mar 23rd, 2020 03:43 pm
  PM Quote Reply
34th Post
bachrachj

Mana: 
Back to the FMM question. If the responsible thing to do is "shelter in place" and we decide to do that here, what happens when our FMM expires in May? I'm thinking that since "tourism" is not being allowed, a new tourist card is out of the question. One of many dilemmas coming our way. Stay safe and healthy folks.

Posted: Mon Mar 23rd, 2020 03:45 pm
  PM Quote Reply
35th Post
MARIGOT

Mana: 
Well, a trip up to km21 may be the only way to find out if they will issue the FMM.  If you do it, please let us know about your experience.

Posted: Mon Mar 23rd, 2020 03:58 pm
  PM Quote Reply
36th Post
50 out

Mana: 
  My Girlfriend is checking on all the options available to US residents on a timeline visa(my 6 months ends 29th of April). I will update information asap.. Laura is a lifetime resident of Hermosillo and retired CFE. She has a huge family in Hermosillo and hopefully she can find the answers to renew visas or other options. ;)  We may not need to go to the 21 kilometer office.. She is checking Guaymas or Hermosillo options.

Last edited on Mon Mar 23rd, 2020 04:00 pm by 50 out

Posted: Mon Mar 23rd, 2020 04:03 pm
  PM Quote Reply
37th Post
Hook

Mana: 
50 out wrote:   My Girlfriend is checking on all the options available to US residents on a timeline visa(my 6 months ends 29th of April). I will update information asap.. Laura is a lifetime resident of Hermosillo and retired CFE. She has a huge family in Hermosillo and hopefully she can find the answers to renew visas or other options. ;)  We may not need to go to the 21 kilometer office.. She is checking Guaymas or Hermosillo options.

Thank you, 50 out. That would be most helpful.

Posted: Mon Mar 23rd, 2020 04:28 pm
  PM Quote Reply
38th Post
Bullshipper

Mana: 
bachrachj wrote: Back to the FMM question. If the responsible thing to do is "shelter in place" and we decide to do that here, what happens when our FMM expires in May? I'm thinking that since "tourism" is not being allowed, a new tourist card is out of the question. One of many dilemmas coming our way. Stay safe and healthy folks.

Don't sweat it. They never collect them anyways, and govn't offices are closing down too.

Posted: Mon Mar 23rd, 2020 07:54 pm
  PM Quote Reply
39th Post
50 out

Mana: 
 Update,  So far most of the agencies are scrambling to contain the virus. So much going on gringos on a 6 month or whatever amount of time tourist visa is not a priority I guess. In all fairness to worry I was here for 6 months last winter with no visa.. and 4 months in Hermosillo the winter before that. I had been pulled over only one time by a policia federal and only asked for a passport and wanted to see inside my Toyota. I opened every door and the trunk and after a quick look I was on my way. That was 50 miles north of Hermosillo on Mex. Auto pisa 15.  May 2018 I was also checked by the guys checking for illegally imported cars? Wanted passport, License, registration, and even matched up vin numbers, but never asked about a visa?  My Gals still checking Immigration resources but she said that they really haven't had time to address this issue. We will continue checking. There is a immigration office in Guaymas near the Burger King. I will go by there tomorrow early as they close at 1pm. Will update when more information becomes available.  I stand corrected as my visa runs out March 29th.:shock: I got a visa this year because I was advised if I were involved in an accident or legal process it could get touchy with no visa?

Last edited on Mon Mar 23rd, 2020 07:56 pm by 50 out

Posted: Mon Mar 23rd, 2020 08:33 pm
  PM Quote Reply
40th Post
Fairwind

Mana: 
A friend just took a chance and came down from Tucson, said the border crossing was "Normal" in both directions..She got a green light and that was that......

Current time is 08:47 am Page:  First Page Previous Page  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next Page Last Page    
San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico Forums > Topical Forums > San Carlos Forum > Closing USA-MEXICO border Top

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2014 Data 1 Systems