San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico Forums Home 

San Carlos Mexico Forum
Welcome to our forum. In order to post in our forums you must be registered. Please take a minute to register to enjoy the full benefits of the forum. Registration is FREE and your information is kept private. When registering, please make sure your email address is entered correctly-if incorrect, you will not receive your validation message. Please do not use your email address as your user name for your own privacy and security. Gmail account users should check spam or trash folders for our validation message after initial registration. We also suggest you add host@sancarlosmexico.com to your white list.

This message board requires you to register in order to post new topics, reply to topics started by other users, start polls, or vote on polls. As a registered user, you can edit your own posts, upload photos and view our photo gallery, and send private messages to other members of the board. Registered users can keep track of the topics they are interested in, and receive e-mail notifications when someone posts to one of those topics. Registered users can choose a theme and setup a profile, to include hometown, email & web address and avatar if desired.
We do ask that you post in the appropriate forum-look over the subjects and topics of all forums including the mercado section before making your first post. Posts in the wrong forum or not related to San Carlos may be moved or deleted without notice.
Please take a moment and register to enjoy all the benefits of the forum.
Bienvenidos!

Moderated by: bartmanaz Page:  First Page Previous Page  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  ...  Next Page Last Page  
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
Coronavirus  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Mon Mar 16th, 2020 09:26 pm
  PM Quote Reply
101st Post
TrueBlue

Mana: 
For fear of stirring things up....

Death by pneumonia would be listed on the death certificate as "natural causes" with pneumonia listed as a "contributing factor".

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Posted: Mon Mar 16th, 2020 11:09 pm
  PM Quote Reply
102nd Post
Jimmy

Mana: 
TrueBlue wrote: For fear of stirring things up....

Death by pneumonia would be listed on the death certificate as "natural causes" with pneumonia listed as a "contributing factor".

Killjoy--:cool:

Last edited on Mon Mar 16th, 2020 11:11 pm by Jimmy

Posted: Tue Mar 17th, 2020 01:59 am
  PM Quote Reply
103rd Post
diver45

Mana: 
Frankie, I guess what my point was H1N1 packs a serious punch, H1N1 ( swine flu ) in 2009 killed many people, much more so far anyway than Novid. Not minimizing this virus, just things did not get shut down then. All good, it will pass!

Posted: Tue Mar 17th, 2020 06:14 pm
  PM Quote Reply
104th Post
Bullshipper

Mana: 
They just unloaded a tour bus at the Marina Tierra Hotel full of oriental tourists. Locals are saying they are Chinese.

Posted: Tue Mar 17th, 2020 06:45 pm
  PM Quote Reply
105th Post
MARIGOT

Mana: 
Well, no ban on flights into Mexico from China, looks like!!
Go figure...

Posted: Tue Mar 17th, 2020 07:16 pm
  PM Quote Reply
106th Post
Hook

Mana: 
Here is the bottom line fear. Government officials aren't coming out and saying this, but they are reacting to the statistics in Italy.

There is this stat called "closed cases" on the virus. Closed cases are cases where people who caught it either recovered/were discharged from treatment facilities and declared over it or died from it. Those are closed cases, in both instances.

In Italy, 46% of the closed cases have resulted in death. That's right. Of all the persons who contracted it already and either recovered or died, 46% of them died.

There are thousands more in Italy (about 26,000 more, as of midnight, last night) who are in the statistic of "active cases". Of those, about 8% are in "serious or critical condition". Of the other 92%, they could improve or slip into that 8% category.

These currently on-going death percentages are WAY HIGHER than in China.

There are two significant factors in this, with respect to Italy.

-One is that Italy has the highest percentage of elderly persons in the world.

-Two is that it spread so quickly and overwhelmed their health care system so completely that they didn't have enough means (mostly aids to respiration, because most everyone is dying of respiratory failure) to treat all the elderly that became sick. They died before they could receive the treatment that might have saved them. Just not enough means to treat so many, in such a short time.

The health care officials in the US know fully well that if the curve continues to increase in the US, the US does not have the means of treating all the sick, elderly people, either. Many have already said this, openly.

So, until we get those means, they are recommending these seemingly draconian measures of closing virtually all non-essential person-to-person activities.

Posted: Tue Mar 17th, 2020 07:41 pm
  PM Quote Reply
107th Post
frankie

Mana: 
remember my picture on post #61, here is what it looked like at about 10:30 this morning

Attached Image (viewed 902 times):

20200317_103300.jpg

Last edited on Tue Mar 17th, 2020 07:41 pm by frankie

Posted: Tue Mar 17th, 2020 07:45 pm
  PM Quote Reply
108th Post
frankie

Mana: 
the line at Sam's club extended all the way back of the store where the refrigerated coolers are. Santa Rosa"s, many of the shelves  near empty!

Attached Image (viewed 914 times):

20200317_103601.jpg

Posted: Tue Mar 17th, 2020 11:42 pm
  PM Quote Reply
109th Post
Hook

Mana: 
Bullshipper wrote: They just unloaded a tour bus at the Marina Tierra Hotel full of oriental tourists. Locals are saying they are Chinese.

Someone I know just went by the hotel and said there are military personnel everywhere, down there.

?????

Posted: Tue Mar 17th, 2020 11:43 pm
  PM Quote Reply
110th Post
Hook

Mana: 
frankie wrote: the line at Sam's club extended all the way back of the store where the refrigerated coolers are. Santa Rosa"s, many of the shelves  near empty!

Meh, that's just a normal line at most Costcos!! :D

Posted: Tue Mar 17th, 2020 11:46 pm
  PM Quote Reply
111th Post
frankie

Mana: 
the CI bank here had a lot of traffic also!

Posted: Wed Mar 18th, 2020 12:53 am
  PM Quote Reply
112th Post
bartmanaz
Administrator

Mana: 
Y'all stay safe and hang in there and we will all get thru this difficult time together. Don't hoard, don't be silly on travel or meetings or whatever and give those close to you a big hug and just bang an elbow on the rest.

Bart & Linda

Posted: Wed Mar 18th, 2020 02:45 am
  PM Quote Reply
113th Post
MARIGOT

Mana: 
Response to post #109 about the hotel...I drove by there at 5:35 and 7:30 pm and there was NOTHING going on.
No Asian visitors, buses, or military personnel in sight.

Posted: Wed Mar 18th, 2020 03:50 am
  PM Quote Reply
114th Post
Hook

Mana: 
There are some pics of the military presence on the What's Up Facebook Forum. They were there.

Posted: Wed Mar 18th, 2020 04:37 am
  PM Quote Reply
115th Post
390pony

Mana: 
I saw them on my house cameras.

Posted: Wed Mar 18th, 2020 05:46 pm
  PM Quote Reply
116th Post
SBT

Mana: 
According to the update yesterday from the Mexican Ministry of Health, there is one confirmed case in Sonora. A 72 year old male who had visited the US.

https://www.gob.mx/salud/documentos/nuevo-coronavirus-2019-ncov-comunicado-tecnico-diario

Posted: Wed Mar 18th, 2020 06:15 pm
  PM Quote Reply
117th Post
long time resident

Mana: 
No offense, but after living in Mexico for over 35 years, I do not trust the news agencies. Nor do I have faith in the medical information that they may share with the public. Like they have actually tested people who are sick, have the tests? Or just testing in large cities? There are hardly any tests in the US for the population.....Things have changed globally with this new virus, and I am not an alarmist, but I am staying at home. You never know who might be a carrier. Why risk it? I have no underlying health issues, but you never know? Hopefully the warmer weather will make this virus go away. It keeps evolving, so who knows.....stay safe.

Posted: Wed Mar 18th, 2020 06:25 pm
  PM Quote Reply
118th Post
FredR

Mana: 
Interesting reading.
Some of the posts did not age well :shock: 
The worst is yet ahead of us and I am thankful for this forum.
Please do your part. Don't be a spreader.
Thank you.

Posted: Wed Mar 18th, 2020 06:52 pm
  PM Quote Reply
119th Post
marlin master

Mana: 
I just heard on the news that the man in HMO did Not have covid-19 virus, it was a false positive test. He has been sent home.

Posted: Wed Mar 18th, 2020 09:17 pm
  PM Quote Reply
120th Post
Hook

Mana: 

The statistics in Italy continue to be very alarming. 3500 new cases today. Their number of dead will surpass China sometime today or tomorrow. If the China statistics can be believed.

Italy's "closed cases" percentage has dipped a bit to 57-43;  recovered vs. dead.

So far, after a week's worth of social distancing and the closure of virtually everything, the curve is not flattening at all. But many Italians are ignoring the social restrictions. Over 200,000 citations have been issued in the last week or so.

I saw a pic of the Trevi Fountain in Rome today. Not a single person in sight. If you've been there, you know how unusual that is.

Current time is 08:27 am Page:  First Page Previous Page  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  ...  Next Page Last Page    
San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico Forums > Topical Forums > San Carlos Forum > Coronavirus Top

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2014 Data 1 Systems