San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico Forums Home 

San Carlos Mexico Forum
Welcome to our forum. In order to post in our forums you must be registered. Please take a minute to register to enjoy the full benefits of the forum. Registration is FREE and your information is kept private. When registering, please make sure your email address is entered correctly-if incorrect, you will not receive your validation message. Please do not use your email address as your user name for your own privacy and security. Gmail account users should check spam or trash folders for our validation message after initial registration. We also suggest you add host@sancarlosmexico.com to your white list.

This message board requires you to register in order to post new topics, reply to topics started by other users, start polls, or vote on polls. As a registered user, you can edit your own posts, upload photos and view our photo gallery, and send private messages to other members of the board. Registered users can keep track of the topics they are interested in, and receive e-mail notifications when someone posts to one of those topics. Registered users can choose a theme and setup a profile, to include hometown, email & web address and avatar if desired.
We do ask that you post in the appropriate forum-look over the subjects and topics of all forums including the mercado section before making your first post. Posts in the wrong forum or not related to San Carlos may be moved or deleted without notice.
Please take a moment and register to enjoy all the benefits of the forum.
Bienvenidos!

Moderated by: bartmanaz Page:  First Page Previous Page  ...  41  42  43  44  45  46  47  48  Next Page Last Page  
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
Coronavirus  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Thu Nov 26th, 2020 02:34 am
  PM Quote Reply
901st Post
nice guy

Mana: 
No - they were too low too list.

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Posted: Thu Nov 26th, 2020 02:50 am
  PM Quote Reply
902nd Post
Bullshipper

Mana: 
nice guy wrote: No - they were too low too list.

Then who is #18 on link I posted and #1 in deaths per million, where Mx ranks 11th?

Posted: Thu Nov 26th, 2020 03:23 am
  PM Quote Reply
903rd Post
Bullshipper

Mana: 
https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/covid-19-travel-airports-packed-experts-warn-surge-new-cases-after-thanksgiving-201005140.html

more of the same, imo.

Posted: Thu Nov 26th, 2020 03:15 pm
  PM Quote Reply
904th Post
Hook

Mana: 
MARIGOT wrote: That puts Mexico ahead of the 170 or so remaining countries in the world...

No, those countries were not part of the study. This is for countries with an economy of 200 billion or more, per annum.

Some are probably ahead and some are probably worse. But you cant conclude they are all better than Mexico.

Posted: Thu Nov 26th, 2020 03:26 pm
  PM Quote Reply
905th Post
Hook

Mana: 
Bullshipper wrote: Hook wrote: According to Opinion Sonora, both public and private hospitals in Hermosillo are now at 95% capacity, due to Covid 19. Some hospitals, like San Jose and Lincona are already full. One of the IMSS hospitals is also full and one other is at 97%.

https://opinionsonora.com/2020/11/24/llenos-hospitales-de-hermosillo-de-pacientes-con-covid-19/

If you translate more of the article, it also says the government is reporting that occupancy jumped from 41 to 44% on Nov 21st, or half of what Opiniion just stated a a couples of paragraphs above in the same article.

Clear as mud, as usual.

It's very possible that the number of cases REPORTED increased by 41-44% on Nov 21st, which brought the OCCUPANCY in hospitals up to 95% capacity. Those two percentages can exist, side by side, and be correct.

At this point, based on all I have read, the only statistic I believe in Mexico, is the hospitalizations. There have been too many interviews with persons within the Mexican government who admit their numbers on infections and deaths are significantly higher (than their OFFICIAL numbers) because there is so little testing done on a per person or per death basis. 

Last edited on Thu Nov 26th, 2020 04:11 pm by Hook

Posted: Thu Nov 26th, 2020 03:56 pm
  PM Quote Reply
906th Post
Hook

Mana: 
There are two VERY SIGNIFICANT articles, published in the last two days, on Mexico News Daily.

One claims that the CDC has just issued a Level 4 travel advisory for travel to Mexico, due to the virus. And, sure enough, there it is.

https://wwwnc.cdc.gov/travel/notices/covid-4/coronavirus-mexico

The other is the article that is purportedly from Bloomberg News Service which ranked Mexico 53rd (last) out of the 53 countries studied in "covid resilience". I cant find that article on the Bloomberg News Service website.

So, if anyone finds that link, please post it.

The CDC article had a VERY SIGNIFICANT statement that persons coming from outside the US MAY BE DENIED ENTRY BACK INTO THE US. Here is how it reads:

"If you get sick with COVID-19 or test positive for the virus that causes COVID-19 while abroad, you might not be permitted to return to the United States until you can end isolation. If you are exposed to someone with COVID-19 during travel, you might be quarantined and not be permitted to return to the United States until 14 days after your last known exposure."

Posted: Sun Nov 29th, 2020 08:49 pm
  PM Quote Reply
907th Post
odwyerpw

Mana: 
Day 13 with Covid. Slightly increased congestion and cough, but still no issues breathing, and no fever. So far, treating it like a bad cold or nasty flu.

I'm a little surprised. I knew Covid was serious, so took precautions with the idea of safeguarding others. But, always thought that if I got it, it would be kicked in a matter of days. Not so. It's sticking around with symptoms present.

Posted: Wed Dec 2nd, 2020 11:59 pm
  PM Quote Reply
908th Post
RichD

Mana: 
Since Mexico does not have to seek FDA approval for a vaccine, is there any talk about vaccines being available?

Posted: Thu Dec 3rd, 2020 01:09 am
  PM Quote Reply
909th Post
Bullshipper

Mana: 
RichD wrote: Since Mexico does not have to seek FDA approval for a vaccine, is there any talk about vaccines being available?

They have a deal foer 30m doses with China, but only 250,000 coming this month for Drs and the old.

Posted: Thu Dec 3rd, 2020 01:54 am
  PM Quote Reply
910th Post
RichD

Mana: 
It's a start. Hope they become widely available soon.

Posted: Thu Dec 3rd, 2020 02:15 pm
  PM Quote Reply
911th Post
Jimmy

Mana: 
I hope all y'all get your vaccine shots soon..

Posted: Thu Dec 3rd, 2020 06:28 pm
  PM Quote Reply
912th Post
390pony

Mana: 
Not a chance, not until it's proven and I have to get it to travel, which will be in September to Indonesia.

Posted: Thu Dec 3rd, 2020 07:16 pm
  PM Quote Reply
913th Post
RichD

Mana: 
I will get the vaccine as soon as I can to protect me from people in denial. Then they can do whatever they want.

Posted: Thu Dec 3rd, 2020 07:32 pm
  PM Quote Reply
914th Post
390pony

Mana: 
I equate a new vaccine with buying the first year of a new car model. Let others try it out first.

Posted: Thu Dec 3rd, 2020 08:01 pm
  PM Quote Reply
915th Post
johnmoore

Mana: 
Pony, Thousands of participants in the testing process of the vaccine, should satisfy your desire not to be in the first wave. I am with RichD, sooner the better.

Posted: Thu Dec 3rd, 2020 08:30 pm
  PM Quote Reply
916th Post
MARIGOT

Mana: 
The deal MX has made for purchasing the vaccine is with China.
China and Russia did NOT finish the phase 3 trials with their vaccines.
So, IMO, people who get the vaccine in Mexico will be the phrase 3 testing that should have been done before release.

Last edited on Thu Dec 3rd, 2020 08:30 pm by MARIGOT

Posted: Thu Dec 3rd, 2020 08:48 pm
  PM Quote Reply
917th Post
390pony

Mana: 
For me, the later the better. I have no family to protect and am not worried about myself. Give it six months or so and I'll get it to enable world travel. I don't get the flu vaccine, either.

Posted: Thu Dec 3rd, 2020 10:32 pm
  PM Quote Reply
918th Post
RichD

Mana: 
Marigot, I understand your concern. For those that have the ability to get it in the US, that might be preferable. The Phizer version should be available to some this month. Moderna version soon. Gov says first responders, medical workers, teachers, people in assisted living come first.

Posted: Thu Dec 3rd, 2020 11:25 pm
  PM Quote Reply
919th Post
390pony

Mana: 
Plus, it's more than one dose that you must get.

Posted: Sat Dec 5th, 2020 06:14 pm
  PM Quote Reply
920th Post
long time resident

Mana: 
It is two shots 28 days apart. Those of us that are older, will be able to get the shots about mid year, next year, at the earliest according to the CDC. Then the general public after that, so they say.....I figure at the earliest would be June or July, for the elderly with no serious underlying condition.

Current time is 12:04 pm Page:  First Page Previous Page  ...  41  42  43  44  45  46  47  48  Next Page Last Page    
San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico Forums > Topical Forums > San Carlos Forum > Coronavirus Top

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2014 Data 1 Systems