San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico Forums Home 

San Carlos Mexico Forum
Welcome to our forum. In order to post in our forums you must be registered. Please take a minute to register to enjoy the full benefits of the forum. Registration is FREE and your information is kept private. When registering, please make sure your email address is entered correctly-if incorrect, you will not receive your validation message. Please do not use your email address as your user name for your own privacy and security. Gmail account users should check spam or trash folders for our validation message after initial registration. We also suggest you add host@sancarlosmexico.com to your white list.

This message board requires you to register in order to post new topics, reply to topics started by other users, start polls, or vote on polls. As a registered user, you can edit your own posts, upload photos and view our photo gallery, and send private messages to other members of the board. Registered users can keep track of the topics they are interested in, and receive e-mail notifications when someone posts to one of those topics. Registered users can choose a theme and setup a profile, to include hometown, email & web address and avatar if desired.
We do ask that you post in the appropriate forum-look over the subjects and topics of all forums including the mercado section before making your first post. Posts in the wrong forum or not related to San Carlos may be moved or deleted without notice.
Please take a moment and register to enjoy all the benefits of the forum.
Bienvenidos!

Moderated by: bartmanaz Page:  First Page Previous Page  ...  40  41  42  43  44  45  46  47  48  Next Page Last Page  
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
Coronavirus  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Tue Nov 24th, 2020 02:58 am
  PM Quote Reply
881st Post
MARIGOT

Mana: 
Lots of USA citizens living here take their Sonoran plated car back to the USA.  No problem.

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Posted: Tue Nov 24th, 2020 02:27 pm
  PM Quote Reply
882nd Post
johnmoore

Mana: 
Marigot, I would guess, 90% of the autos, approaching the Mariposa crossing from the downtown ramp/street are Sonoran plated. They being to the right of the pay bypass lane it is easy to see, prior to separation of the lanes.

Posted: Tue Nov 24th, 2020 04:03 pm
  PM Quote Reply
883rd Post
MARIGOT

Mana: 
My post was in response to BCato’s post, which seemed to imply a lot of Mexicans were crossing going northbound by referring to the Sonoran plated cars.  I was just stating that gringos drive Sonoran plated cars too.
I am well aware of the percentage of MX plated vehicles crossing northbound and am fine with it.

Posted: Tue Nov 24th, 2020 05:29 pm
  PM Quote Reply
884th Post
Hook

Mana: 
BCato wrote: On northbound treks, crossing at Mariposa, many Sonoran plated cars be allowed into the States....

It very well could be those are people employed in the US, and that is being considered essential travel. Maybe they have documentation that proves they are employed in the US.

Posted: Tue Nov 24th, 2020 05:47 pm
  PM Quote Reply
885th Post
BCato

Mana: 
It appears, some of you have an issue with my observation. Why? It was and only was, an observation.

Posted: Tue Nov 24th, 2020 07:59 pm
  PM Quote Reply
886th Post
DocD

Mana: 
" Mexico is the worst country to be in during the coronavirus pandemic, according to an analysis conducted by the Bloomberg news agency.  "

https://mexiconewsdaily.com/news/coronavirus/the-worst-place-to-be-in-coronavirus-era/

Posted: Tue Nov 24th, 2020 10:58 pm
  PM Quote Reply
887th Post
Hook

Mana: 
BCato wrote: It appears, some of you have an issue with my observation. Why? It was and only was, an observation.

I thought your observation was accurate, based on what I saw recently.

I was just trying to find a reason WHY.......

Posted: Wed Nov 25th, 2020 12:22 am
  PM Quote Reply
888th Post
Bullshipper

Mana: 
If you are an american resident and have immigration paperwork you will be able to enter the USA. Car plates have nothing to do with it as far as I know.

When entering Mexico, you and your paperwork will be checked at all airports and roadside immigration stations unless you try to bypass them illegally. Again, license plates have nothing to do with immigration.

Boats, don't know, can't help you.

Posted: Wed Nov 25th, 2020 12:32 am
  PM Quote Reply
889th Post
bartmanaz
Administrator

Mana: 
There are several exemptions to the non-essential travel rule that have been published online. First one is US citizens and lawful permanent residents returning to the USA.

Also included are those traveling for medical purposes, travel to attend educational institutions, traveling to work in the USA, emergency response and public health, lawful cross border trade, official government travel, etc.

Non-essential travel is tourism or recreational in nature.

I have had a number of calls from those asking if they can go to Mexico for Thanksgiving or to their house in Mexico. I just tell them what the rules are and they have to decide what essential means to them.

Bart

Posted: Wed Nov 25th, 2020 03:42 am
  PM Quote Reply
890th Post
Hook

Mana: 
According to Opinion Sonora, both public and private hospitals in Hermosillo are now at 95% capacity, due to Covid 19. Some hospitals, like San Jose and Lincona are already full. One of the IMSS hospitals is also full and one other is at 97%.

https://opinionsonora.com/2020/11/24/llenos-hospitales-de-hermosillo-de-pacientes-con-covid-19/

Posted: Wed Nov 25th, 2020 04:07 am
  PM Quote Reply
891st Post
odwyerpw

Mana: 
Covid is an odd thing. I've traveled back and forth into Mexico repeatedly this year. Family emergencies and work have had me flying back and forth across the USA more that ever this year. I've stayed healthy. I always social distance, wash my hands, and wear a masks.

Last week I started to feel really ill. Wednesday, went to Tucson to be tested. Decided to quarantine at home until I get the results, feeling worse each day. Got them today, I tested positive for Corona Virus.

Calculating that I contracted it within 7 days of last Tuesday, I either got it shopping at the Home Depot (of course wearing a mask), running into Walgreens (wearing a mask), eating at a nice restaurant (not wearing the mask while I ate), walking past someone at Canoa Ranch while walking my dogs (wearing a mask) or getting something out of my truck when someone I didn't know just approached me and started talking (no, I wasn't wearing I mask.. I was outside by myself... or at least I was). So, who knows?

So, I have heaviness in my chest, but am breathing okay for the last 8 days. I have cough, headache, whole body achiness and am very tired (I took 3 naps yesterday)... but have no high temperature. I can taste and smell. It feels like the nasty Dengue Fever (obviously without the high temperature) I had in Guaymas about 8 years ago.

I'm optimistic, as I'm an otherwise active healthy person. Today, I feel a little better than yesterday, so perhaps it's on the back side of running it's course. I will stay put in my home for another 10 days (just exiting to walk the dogs in the desert), provided I don't show symptoms. I'll seek medical advice about re-testing.

I'm 35 miles north of the border for reference.

Posted: Wed Nov 25th, 2020 01:18 pm
  PM Quote Reply
892nd Post
frankiej

Mana: 
i am sorry to hear of you contacting covid! i wish you a speedy recovery! please inform us of your treatment. i know the meds used NOB are different then used here in Mexico. from my understanding, both are very successful.

Posted: Wed Nov 25th, 2020 06:21 pm
  PM Quote Reply
893rd Post
Bullshipper

Mana: 
Hook wrote: According to Opinion Sonora, both public and private hospitals in Hermosillo are now at 95% capacity, due to Covid 19. Some hospitals, like San Jose and Lincona are already full. One of the IMSS hospitals is also full and one other is at 97%.

https://opinionsonora.com/2020/11/24/llenos-hospitales-de-hermosillo-de-pacientes-con-covid-19/

If you translate more of the article, it also says the government is reporting that occupancy jumped from 41 to 44% on Nov 21st, or half of what Opiniion just stated a a couples of paragraphs above in the same article.

Clear as mud, as usual.

Posted: Wed Nov 25th, 2020 06:24 pm
  PM Quote Reply
894th Post
Bullshipper

Mana: 
odwyerpw wrote: Covid is an odd thing. I've traveled back and forth into Mexico repeatedly this year. Family emergencies and work have had me flying back and forth across the USA more that ever this year. I've stayed healthy. I always social distance, wash my hands, and wear a masks.

Last week I started to feel really ill. Wednesday, went to Tucson to be tested. Decided to quarantine at home until I get the results, feeling worse each day. Got them today, I tested positive for Corona Virus.

Calculating that I contracted it within 7 days of last Tuesday, I either got it shopping at the Home Depot (of course wearing a mask), running into Walgreens (wearing a mask), eating at a nice restaurant (not wearing the mask while I ate), walking past someone at Canoa Ranch while walking my dogs (wearing a mask) or getting something out of my truck when someone I didn't know just approached me and started talking (no, I wasn't wearing I mask.. I was outside by myself... or at least I was). So, who knows?

So, I have heaviness in my chest, but am breathing okay for the last 8 days. I have cough, headache, whole body achiness and am very tired (I took 3 naps yesterday)... but have no high temperature. I can taste and smell. It feels like the nasty Dengue Fever (obviously without the high temperature) I had in Guaymas about 8 years ago.

I'm optimistic, as I'm an otherwise active healthy person. Today, I feel a little better than yesterday, so perhaps it's on the back side of running it's course. I will stay put in my home for another 10 days (just exiting to walk the dogs in the desert), provided I don't show symptoms. I'll seek medical advice about re-testing.

I'm 35 miles north of the border for reference.

Get better soon!

Posted: Wed Nov 25th, 2020 07:39 pm
  PM Quote Reply
895th Post
DocD

Mana: 
"Centers for Disease Control warns against travel to Mexico due to Covid risk. Travelers infected while outside US may be denied reentry"

https://mexiconewsdaily.com/news/coronavirus/centers-for-disease-control-warns-against-travel-to-mexico-due-to-covid-risk/

Posted: Thu Nov 26th, 2020 12:09 am
  PM Quote Reply
896th Post
Bullshipper

Mana: 
A freiend just told me he tried to admit his father in law into San Jose Hospital (Hmo) yesterday eve and had to wait until some poor soul died to free up a bed.

Posted: Thu Nov 26th, 2020 01:03 am
  PM Quote Reply
897th Post
nice guy

Mana: 
I really appreciate the fact that Mexico is 53rd on the list of 53 countries in the world where it's best to get Covid.

Posted: Thu Nov 26th, 2020 01:35 am
  PM Quote Reply
898th Post
MARIGOT

Mana: 
That puts Mexico ahead of the 170 or so remaining countries in the world...

Posted: Thu Nov 26th, 2020 02:22 am
  PM Quote Reply
899th Post
nice guy

Mana: 
No - they were too low too list.

Posted: Thu Nov 26th, 2020 02:28 am
  PM Quote Reply
900th Post
Bullshipper

Mana: 
Its BS imo. Look at the deaths per million and there are 7 countries worse than Mexico including the USA.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

This announcement is warning Mexicans not to return home as they normally would during the holidays, just like they are telling US Citizens to not celebrate Thanksgiving and Xmas as we normally have have always done pre Covid.

Belgium has nearly 65% more deaths than Mexico per million, and no one is telling you not to go to Brussels.

Current time is 07:25 pm Page:  First Page Previous Page  ...  40  41  42  43  44  45  46  47  48  Next Page Last Page    
San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico Forums > Topical Forums > San Carlos Forum > Coronavirus Top

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2014 Data 1 Systems