San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico Forums Home 

San Carlos Mexico Forum
Welcome to our forum. In order to post in our forums you must be registered. Please take a minute to register to enjoy the full benefits of the forum. Registration is FREE and your information is kept private. When registering, please make sure your email address is entered correctly-if incorrect, you will not receive your validation message. Please do not use your email address as your user name for your own privacy and security. Gmail account users should check spam or trash folders for our validation message after initial registration. We also suggest you add host@sancarlosmexico.com to your white list.

This message board requires you to register in order to post new topics, reply to topics started by other users, start polls, or vote on polls. As a registered user, you can edit your own posts, upload photos and view our photo gallery, and send private messages to other members of the board. Registered users can keep track of the topics they are interested in, and receive e-mail notifications when someone posts to one of those topics. Registered users can choose a theme and setup a profile, to include hometown, email & web address and avatar if desired.
We do ask that you post in the appropriate forum-look over the subjects and topics of all forums including the mercado section before making your first post. Posts in the wrong forum or not related to San Carlos may be moved or deleted without notice.
Please take a moment and register to enjoy all the benefits of the forum.
Bienvenidos!

Moderated by: bartmanaz Page:  First Page Previous Page  ...  38  39  40  41  42  43  44  45  46  Next Page Last Page  
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
Coronavirus  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Sun Sep 27th, 2020 08:29 pm
  PM Quote Reply
841st Post
DocD

Mana: 
Very good article..

Nearly 1M who died of COVID-19 also illuminated treatment

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/health/nearly-1m-who-died-of-covid-19-also-illuminated-treatment

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Posted: Mon Sep 28th, 2020 02:30 pm
  PM Quote Reply
842nd Post
Hook

Mana: 
DocD wrote: Just got back from Sam's Club, where half the people were not wearing masks over their noses.. I was doing 180s in the aisles trying to stay away from them.

The malecon ,Charlies rock etc. looked like Semana Santa.
I guess there's no end to vacations with the kids not in an actual building for school.

Very different up here in Idaho. I have been to a Costco, a Home Depot and various grocery stores in the past week and the percentage of people wearing masks is nearly 100%. And that's in what is generally considered a very conservative state.

I am having a bit of cognitive dissonance with regards to HOW blatantly a large percentage of the Mexican population is disregarding the mask-wearing/social distancing recommendations WITH the supposedly declining infection and death numbers in Mexico. It's 180 degrees from what is supposedly happening in the rest of the world.

Something's fishy in Mexico City, I suspect.

Last edited on Mon Sep 28th, 2020 02:36 pm by Hook

Posted: Mon Sep 28th, 2020 04:01 pm
  PM Quote Reply
843rd Post
Bullshipper

Mana: 
With the new Corralito's Bar/Resturaunt/Disco now operating near Arbolito's and Charly's the maskless crowd there has swelled and that's a place where I now hold my breath when driving by.

I don't go to Sam's, Walmart or the Ley's anymore either, but in the rest of the smaller stores in Guaymas, I would estimate tht 80% are wearing masks.

Very poor thin older men and the young people on the street cruising around town are the offenders from what I see, and the same goes for Hermosillo.

I have no doubt that numbers are being deliberately mis-estimated and reported in terms of infections, as everyone that I know who has gotten it and survived it never went to a hospital, but the death reports/certificate info is hard to manipulate, or at least I think so.

We have about 20% of the population spreading this, and this is why I think a 60 day mask mandatory mandate should be tested to see if its effective.

Posted: Mon Sep 28th, 2020 05:27 pm
  PM Quote Reply
844th Post
long time resident

Mana: 
Will never happen. Too many people will not respect any requirements for wearing a mask, and I am tired of hearing people saying that their freedoms is being limited. What about the freedom of the rest of us, that do not want to be infected? Consideration goes a long way, but I have found MANY have absolutely no consideration because of the way they were brought up, or their beliefs that they have the right to do whatever they want. #!*^ the rest of us. Self absorbed people will be the ones that eventually will suffer the most, due to their reckless behavior.

Posted: Mon Sep 28th, 2020 07:16 pm
  PM Quote Reply
845th Post
Bullshipper

Mana: 
long time resident wrote: Will never happen. Too many people will not respect any requirements for wearing a mask, and I am tired of hearing people saying that their freedoms is being limited. What about the freedom of the rest of us, that do not want to be infected? Consideration goes a long way, but I have found MANY have absolutely no consideration because of the way they were brought up, or their beliefs that they have the right to do whatever they want. #!*^ the rest of us. Self absorbed people will be the ones that eventually will suffer the most, due to their reckless behavior.

Exactly, it only works if everyone will do it, and that's where leadership is critical by those in charge.  If you don't protect me, why should I protect you is logical thinking. If am am young and a Covid survivor or not, why should I bother with masks unless I pay a heavy fine?

I believe that Americans can pull together like other countries, and prolonging the high contagiousness of these new infections is hurting everyone's pocket book, except for the retired, and should be motivation enough before the cold weather colds and flu really hit us too. 

So I am still hopeful that the light will turn on.

Posted: Mon Sep 28th, 2020 07:37 pm
  PM Quote Reply
846th Post
long time resident

Mana: 
Some of the retired are dying. (the highest age group for death) Health issues, and age.....target group for covid.

Posted: Mon Sep 28th, 2020 09:06 pm
  PM Quote Reply
847th Post
Jimmy

Mana: 
80% of the Covid deaths are folks over 65 years of age. They should be protected the most. I still can not understand why working age people [20% of deaths] were locked down.

Last edited on Mon Sep 28th, 2020 09:07 pm by Jimmy

Posted: Tue Sep 29th, 2020 03:13 pm
  PM Quote Reply
848th Post
johnmoore

Mana: 

MEXICO NEWS DAILY

Last edited on Tue Sep 29th, 2020 03:15 pm by johnmoore

Posted: Tue Sep 29th, 2020 04:03 pm
  PM Quote Reply
849th Post
bartmanaz
Administrator

Mana: 
Jimmy
Think the answer to your question can be found in these stats published today in the AZ Daily Star for Pima County, AZ.  Out of 25,445 cases, the breakdown by age shows this:
Less than 20 years old:  4393  17%
20-44 yrs old:  11,722  46%
45-54 yrs old: 3441  14%
55-64 yrs old: 2795  11%
65 + yrs old:  3004  12%

So what those numbers indicate is that young adults, college age and working folks are more likely to test positive and therefore become spreaders of the disease.  They are also going to be the most active in the community, both socially and professionally. 

While a disproportionate number of older folks die some of that can be attributed to other underlying medical issues and the vulnerability of just being older.  Breakout of deaths by age group was not displayed but there have been 622 in Pima County.

But if these proportions are consistent across the state and the nation, these numbers would show why authorities have had to resort to lockdowns and other preventative measures.

Bart

Posted: Tue Sep 29th, 2020 10:40 pm
  PM Quote Reply
850th Post
Bullshipper

Mana: 
Lots of retirees in Hammerheads last saturday night. We went to hear some music but over 70% didn't have masks.

Posted: Wed Sep 30th, 2020 12:00 am
  PM Quote Reply
851st Post
bartmanaz
Administrator

Mana: 
I am asking cuz I am curious. Up here you are supposed to wear mask til seated and served. If eating or drinking mask can come off. Is it different in SC?

Posted: Wed Sep 30th, 2020 12:20 am
  PM Quote Reply
852nd Post
Bullshipper

Mana: 
The stores all have signs saying no masks, no service, but I don't see more than about 30% of folks in restaurants entering, leaving or sitting with masks in SC. But someone else is probably better informed than I.

Posted: Wed Sep 30th, 2020 01:03 am
  PM Quote Reply
853rd Post
MARIGOT

Mana: 
I usually wear the mask into the restaurant and during the time I am ordering and speaking to the server.  Many of the local wait staff are now friends and I don’t want them to feel uncomfortable or vulnerable by talking to them without the mask.  I try to be respectful of my Mexican friends who must work and put themselves at risk.
Once a beverage or plate has been served, I take the mask off to eat/drink.  Mask on again to leave the restaurant, because of the close proximity of passing other people who are entering as I leave.

But many people are not doing that.  They walk from the car inside without mask, the entire time inside, then again when they leave, no mask.

Posted: Wed Sep 30th, 2020 03:30 pm
  PM Quote Reply
854th Post
long time resident

Mana: 
The people that refuse to wear the mask, are the ones that have no respect for others. Sorry, but those are the facts. If they had respect for others, they would wear the mask out of consideration. I am tired of those that say, they have a medical condition....stay home if that is the case. There are those of us, that do not dine in, but dine outside , or do not dine at all outside of the home. It is going to get worse (I said that in March, and no one believed me), but it is going to get worse, because of lack of leadership by those in power......

Posted: Wed Sep 30th, 2020 04:31 pm
  PM Quote Reply
855th Post
johnmoore

Mana: 
LTR, not really trying to argue with your point, but it is my understanding you live in Tucson. By "leadership" are you referring to your Mayor and Council there in Tucson? are you referring to your Gov.? Are you referring to your President? My point is, no matter what anyone says, it is incumbent of LTR, me and everyone else to do all that is possible to not get this disease...we are all responsible for ourselves, and if we follow all the science and what is advised by science, I dare say we will give ourselves the best chance of not getting it.....LTR, I know that you buy into this thought, as the proof is in the pudding. You have not been infected, because you follow these rec's, no matter what is going on around you.

Posted: Thu Oct 1st, 2020 05:49 pm
  PM Quote Reply
856th Post
long time resident

Mana: 
And your point?

Posted: Thu Oct 1st, 2020 06:00 pm
  PM Quote Reply
857th Post
johnmoore

Mana: 
" but it is going to get worse, because of lack of leadership by those in power.."

My point is YOU are the only one in power, keep employing the stay covid free, scientific measures you have been, and that is all YOU can do. Take the attitude, I will not allow others to give me this disease. If in fact, proper hygiene, social distancing, and the wearing of a mask, are all we have at this point....then that's it.

Posted: Thu Oct 1st, 2020 06:01 pm
  PM Quote Reply
858th Post
johnmoore

Mana: 
"but it is going to get worse, because of lack of leadership by those in power.."

Forgive me, I should have asked your point? What would you have them do?

Posted: Wed Oct 21st, 2020 04:50 am
  PM Quote Reply
859th Post
Bullshipper

Mana: 
https://covid19data.unison.mx/

Posted: Thu Nov 12th, 2020 07:47 pm
  PM Quote Reply
860th Post
DocD

Mana: 
October second worst month for Covid after July with 181,000 new cases.
There was an average of 5,863 per day.

https://mexiconewsdaily.com/news/coronavirus/october-second-worst-month-for-covid-after-july-with-181000-new-cases/

Current time is 07:41 am Page:  First Page Previous Page  ...  38  39  40  41  42  43  44  45  46  Next Page Last Page    
San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico Forums > Topical Forums > San Carlos Forum > Coronavirus Top

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2014 Data 1 Systems